Givi Monolock mounting kit?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Givi Monolock mounting kit?

Post by Scottish »

I have a monolock topcase from my PCX days but am now looking to fix it to a Forza..
my question is do I need this mounting kit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specific-Rea ... SwXoxacE-j

or can I get away with using the cheaper universal kit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Givi-Universal ... unting+kit
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Givi Monolock mounting kit?

Post by davenowherejones »

I have a 2014 Honda Forza with the Monokey version of the specific rack. Monokey is the heavy duty version of your Monolock case. I have a 55 litre Givi Maxia top case which is really wide but the Forza is a fat ass scooter anyway. And so am I.

You could go with the universal mount but it may interfere with the rear seat opening. It depends on a bunch of things. You would also have to buy 4 metric bolts to thread into the holes in the frame under the removable panel on the Forza rear. You would also have to custom cut some 2 inch spacers to the right length. You need to drill the rear panel for the spacers or some people just leave the panel off. You also may need a re-inforcing metal plate for the universal mount.

The specific mount has all this engineering already done. It is probably stronger also.

If you have to ask this question then I would go for the expensive mount. I did.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

Scottish wrote:I have a monolock topcase from my PCX days but am now looking to fix it to a Forza..

Which Forza?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My comments only apply to the 300. In Canada we only got the Forza 300. I don't know which one Scottish has.
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Mister Paul wrote:
Scottish wrote:I have a monolock topcase from my PCX days but am now looking to fix it to a Forza..

Which Forza?
Well this is the Forza 300 forum, but I guess saying 'a Forza' could mean anything ;)
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

davenowherejones wrote:I have a 2014 Honda Forza with the Monokey version of the specific rack. Monokey is the heavy duty version of your Monolock case. I have a 55 litre Givi Maxia top case which is really wide but the Forza is a fat ass scooter anyway. And so am I.

You could go with the universal mount but it may interfere with the rear seat opening. It depends on a bunch of things. You would also have to buy 4 metric bolts to thread into the holes in the frame under the removable panel on the Forza rear. You would also have to custom cut some 2 inch spacers to the right length. You need to drill the rear panel for the spacers or some people just leave the panel off. You also may need a re-inforcing metal plate for the universal mount.

The specific mount has all this engineering already done. It is probably stronger also.

If you have to ask this question then I would go for the expensive mount. I did.
Thanks for your thorough answer, the more expensive option it is then !
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

You will have to buy the specific mounting monolock kit for the Forza 300. The monokey kit, which I have, uses the same mounting kit as only the top plate (which the top box attaches to), is different. You may be able to buy the fitting kit separately, without the top plate. Contact a Givi agent and they will tell you if it is available separately from the full kit.
Stormswift
Color: Red

Post by Stormswift »

I don't mind buying a full bike specific kit as long as all hardware is included for a hand-me-down down e470 I recently got.ni am just confused about the metal plate that goes on between bike specific rack and bike. Revzilla guy told me it's not included in the kit yet all mm punting directions show it. If you bought the Forza specific monolock or monokey rack can you tell me what was in your kit?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

Stormswift wrote:I don't mind buying a full bike specific kit as long as all hardware is included for a hand-me-down down e470 I recently got.ni am just confused about the metal plate that goes on between bike specific rack and bike. Revzilla guy told me it's not included in the kit yet all mm punting directions show it. If you bought the Forza specific monolock or monokey rack can you tell me what was in your kit?
Where are you? It's a separate adaptor plate. I think I have one in the shed.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I am in US, Maryland. I spoke with Givi and they said it should be a complete kit so Revzilla either is not including the plate or whoever I spoke with does not know. Cyclegear on the other hand told me the sr1123 rack is a commplete kit, has everything I need. So I will try ordering from Cyclegear I guess. The case is really nice and roomy. Cant carry a lot of weight but enough for helmet storage at stops and some other little things.
I do have a question and it has to do with my limited storage space. How far does the sr1123 rack extends beyound rear spoiler/grab bar? I have a BikeShield shelter covering my bike and it has rigid frame that needs to get over whatever is attached to the grab bar. I am not keeping the box on the bike after riding, so that's not an issue. Just the rack itself. If someone could perhaps measure it for me before I order?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I think I have the Givi SR1123 rack on my Forza 300. It extends about 4 inches passed the rear spoiler and the Givi E55 Maxia Monokey case extends another 4 inches also (8 inches total).

My Givi stuff all rattles a lot. I had to stuff foam under the case and the top cover also rattles. Too many tiny screws.

I also live in fear of locking my keys inside the case when I put my jacket in there. Spare keys are almost impossible to get around here. It should come with 4 keys. One at home, one for me, one for the ladies (???) and one under the bike hidden.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Thank you. I am going to put a roller 4-6 in out on top of spoiler and see if BikeShield can get over it. Keeping my fingers crossed