Once I had a topbox, now I have none

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: Once I had a topbox, now I have none

Post by GeorgeSK »

I was surprised when I found out that lock washers caused more issue than they solved. My son, a most eclectic web surfer, found the NASA fastener design manual from 1990. It is quite the treatise - a bit dry, but I would expect right up the alley of a number of us. I downloaded and saved it - I'm willing to wager that I won't be the only one.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi ... 009424.pdf

A great read for New Year's Eve! Happy New Year to all!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Also, you might want to remove your lock washers and use Loctite instead. Keep the flat washers, but the helical/split-ring washers can actually accelerate loosening! o_O
Your point is well taken.

That being said every time I ride I always give the box a nudge just to make sure it doesn't seem out of character. I had to cut the bolts I used closest to the seat to a shorter length so as not to interfere with the fender surface. So when you look at the pics all the bolts look like they have several threads protruding the nuts except for the one's closest to the seat.

I did have to use some special thread locking liquid once when I had to make an adjustment on the clutch. . .not too long after I bought it. :o

But I'll keep an eye on it. . .as I usually do. Thanks! 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:While we are on the subject of dealing with the cold. . .another hearty holiday favorite. :D

A special toast to all those we miss on the holidays who can't be with us today. ;)
100_4583a.jpg
Time passes way too quickly. . .enjoy it while you can. . .a new year is ushered in. 8)
100_4585a.jpg

That’s not whisky. It’s not Scottish and it’s not the correct spelling. You’ll have GN2 crying into his well nursed tap water..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Southern Comfort?? Ugh!! Even when I was young and COULD drink, that stuff was too sweet. If you like sweet then get some cognac. It is great when it is cold and miserable outside.

X2
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

That’s not whisky. It’s not Scottish and it’s not the correct spelling. You’ll have GN2 crying into his well nursed tap water..
True it's not Scottish. Well. . .not as we commonly think of it today. But there was a time when, according to Latin texts from the fourth century, the word "Scot" described a tribe which sailed from Ireland to raid Roman Britain. Also, according to the College Edition of the Winston Dictionary, 1943, "Whisky" or "Whiskey" are both acceptable.

GN2 will probably outlive us all. ;)

If I ever get to visit Scotland though I will most surely have mine with water to get the full experience and enjoyment. Frankly, I wouldn't know where to begin but I guess starting with number 1 on this list https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink ... -whiskies/ may not be a bad idea. 8)

But for now I'll enjoy the occasional "Irish" coffee topped with extra creamy "Reddi-Wip" and perhaps a drop or two of honey. . .I prefer it to brown sugar. :geek:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Why not, nothing better to do when it is cold and miserable outside. Irish coffee isn't bad, though I love coffee as a beverage on its own, with a little cream to give it color and some sweetness.
Now that I can't drink alcohol, coffee and tea are about all I can drink. There are some surprisingly good teas out there, but none will dull your mind when you need them to.
It is going to be a breezy day today. It has jumped up to 21°F now with the promise that it might get just above freezing just before the sun goes down. Bring on the warm stuff!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WI_Hedgehog