stolen, recovered, bits missing

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

hippysanta

stolen, recovered, bits missing

Post by hippysanta »

i bought a 2016 forza300, cat c.
i am needing seat hinge, clocks, and everything needed to start it from cdi, ignition etc(what exactly do i need?). honda have a 2month backlog on ignition barrel. am happy with 2nd hand as bike is so new. not on hit list so well worth my effort. disabled rider with no test done yet so can afford to be patient. on the other hand, my mate has a farm, where i keep it, so would love to at least ride it on the road through his fields.

im in newton le willows, merseyside, j23 m6.
50yrs young.
I tell lies - ha - I always tell the truth. Thank God i'm not religious. Don't buy air guitars, unlike air guns you get ripped off and end up with an empty box. still waiting for it to arrive.
mhdgraphics
Year: 2014
Color: Red Forza

Re: stolen, recovered, bits missing

Post by mhdgraphics »

How is you rebuild/repair going?
To paraphrase "Ebay is your friend". You can find a lot of used parts there.
hippysanta

Post by hippysanta »

scooter is in wigan honda cost of £1000 approx for new ignition and relevant parts. the way forward it seems is to link almost everything to code so making it unable to be started without the key. if insurance company had included old keys in sale to salvage company i would have saved a lot of cash. i did write to previous keeper but he said he handed over both keys when scooter paperwork was surrendered. insurance company blamed recovery garage even though they said they never received keys. just clocks to be tested, replacement left indicator and see if seat can be salvaged or needs replacing.
I tell lies - ha - I always tell the truth. Thank God i'm not religious. Don't buy air guitars, unlike air guns you get ripped off and end up with an empty box. still waiting for it to arrive.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Off topic,
I'm sorry I Can't help myself....the few times I've seen your member name, it totally crack's me up! :lol: I Love It and I Can Picture It! Fun stuff!
"hippysanta" I Dig It!

(Note to self: find embroidered jean bellbottoms, the paisely ones - Holy Smoker's! How Cool is that!)
:D :D :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Off topic,
I'm sorry I Can't help myself....the few times I've seen your member name, it totally crack's me up! :lol: I Love It and I Can Picture It! Fun stuff!
"hippysanta" I Dig It!

(Note to self: find embroidered jean bellbottoms, the paisely ones - Holy Smoker's! How Cool is that!)
Once thought about, never forgotten.

Is there a memory bleach :D
hippysanta

Post by hippysanta »

WhiteNoise wrote:Off topic,
"hippysanta" I Dig It!

Yes, mines the lap that naughty women sit on.

Okay, i bit the bullet and sent scooter to wigan honda to spend a grand almost on replacing all ignition stuff. i just need to source some decent gauges and bike is finished. i had to import from usa the seat and an indicator assembly. i spend loads in china on ebay and happy days. i order once from usa and hit with a £50 customs bill. that was a shock.