RYNO Single-Wheel Short-Commute Motorcycle

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

RYNO Single-Wheel Short-Commute Motorcycle

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

So here's something I've been watching for years, the engine-powered unicycle. I love the concept, but think this is a bomb. Here's why:

Segway Personal Trasporter: Neat. Stand on a platform, push a handlebar, go that direction. Stopping gets interesting; on any normal vehicle you hit the brakes and fly forward, bracing yourself against the vehicle. Here you have to lean the other way first.

Ninebot Mini: The evolution of a Segway, smaller, lighter, funner. It goes slightly faster than most people run, so crashing at speed is often a bang-up.

King Song 18S: Damn fast unicycle. Hard to balance on--it is, after all, a unicycle. Call it a mono-wheel to make it sound good, but it has all the same idiosyncrasies of a unicycle. Little wheels are fast, big wheels are stable, crashing puts your face straight into what you didn't want to hit. In China this is awesome transportation, unless it rains (because dirt roads are slippery, you know). In big cities this is awesome because you can roll to a coffee shop, your job, a cafe, and your apartment, then plug in. Unless it's crowded. And unless it's dark-o-clock, it is crowded.

This is where the RYNO mono-wheeled motorcycle comes in--you can drive it in the street. In traffic. With cars that hate you. And have a hot engine under your ass in rush-hour traffic.

The pro is self-balancing, something electric unicycles have perfected over a period of years. The con is you still have to balance, which means thinking in advance of doing what you want to do. Most people are fairly good at saying, "I need to buy groceries to make dinner," but not so good at saying, "I'll need to lean left in two seconds to steer left...right....here!" It's worse when something unexpected happens, like someone moves into your planned path of travel.

The con is a bit more intimidating: Hurling yourself at full speed into something you want to avoid, which is like three times as fast as you could run if you were in shape, or at least a shape other than pear. I can't see me enjoying wrapping myself around the trunk of an old lady's car.
ryno.jpg
ryno.jpg (265.29 KiB) Viewed 673 times
http://rynomotors.com/
https://www.facebook.com/RYNO-Motors-209119020419/
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: RYNO Single-Wheel Short-Commute Motorcycle

Post by Mel46 »

What is its top speed? I would be afraid to ride one in traffic. I wonder where you would park it. Could you imagine taking it inside with you! Just park it beside your desk. :-)

Of course, if it starts raining while you are at work, you are screwed!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: RYNO Single-Wheel Short-Commute Motorcycle

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm thinking one would get far too much attention riding one of those. Eye fixation at its worst, causing a Collision? Yikes.

But... I 'd try it on a quiet side street :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WI_Hedgehog