Takegawa Pcx 170cc

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Post by gn2 »

170cc? :lol:
PCX 300
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:170cc? :lol:
PCX 300
I see you are still alive and polluting our beautiful planet...:(((((
That comment above was solely meant for you if you didnt get it first time.
Maddie can you please remove/move gn2 comment as its not relevant to my topic in my tread,thank you.
PS its not a Pcx 300 but instead Forza 300,twice the size of Pcx and underpowered for its size,also some $6000 + out of pocket with your trade in so no thank you!! Id rather get Burgman or Majesty instead. But im not interested in bigger scooters but rather smaller machines that pack a punch.

So do us all a favour and stop polluting this planet and this lovely Pcx forum.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Stop being so sensitive and learn to take a friendly leg pull.
Anyway, more people will be buying Forzas than tuning bits for PCXs.
The Forza is expected to cost circa £4200 in the UK which is admitedly £1600 more than an "underpowerd for its size" PCX, but it's a lot more scooter than an "underpowered for its size" PCX.
£4200 is a much lower price than the £6400 (ABS) Burgman or the £6400 (non-ABS) Majesty.
Fron a tuning standpoint, modifying a Forza would make a lot more sense than modifying a PCX because the gains would be greater.
Even if you can double the power of a PCX (highly unlikely) it will still be slower than a bog standard Forza.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Pcxdemon wrote:
So do us all a favour and stop polluting this planet and this lovely Pcx forum.
Be patient. He said he will be buying the Forza soon. Hopefully he will go to a different forum then, and take his sourness with him.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Urbanian wrote: He said he will be buying the Forza soon.
No he didn't.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Stop being so sensitive and learn to take a friendly leg pull.
Anyway, more people will be buying Forzas than tuning bits for PCXs.
The Forza is expected to cost circa £4200 in the UK which is admitedly £1600 more than an "underpowerd for its size" PCX, but it's a lot more scooter than an "underpowered for its size" PCX.
£4200 is a much lower price than the £6400 (ABS) Burgman or the £6400 (non-ABS) Majesty.
Fron a tuning standpoint, modifying a Forza would make a lot more sense than modifying a PCX because the gains would be greater.
Even if you can double the power of a PCX (highly unlikely) it will still be slower than a bog standard Forza.
Good logic!!! Your trade for the Pcx 1000 pounds if you're lucky, and then another 3200 pounds out of pocket to step up on to a bigger, heavier whale of a scoot with a tiny 280cc to power it..
Pcx is absolutley not underpowered, has one of the best power outputs in its class bar 1 or 2 others and economy to boot as well, I've proven how quickly little 125cc can get to indicated 60mph in 13 sec with slight derestriction. Comparing to 300cc scooters on YouTube it's only some 3 seconds slower to 60mph and its only a 125. So how does everyone think it will go with mildly tuned 170cc donk?? I reckon it will pull back those 3 seconds and be as fast a 300 maybe. So how good is that result for 500 pounds out of pocket than rather 3200??
Also not to mention its little sleek size to squeeze between traffic or little tight spaces you can park the thing...
Please remeber if you got nothing to contribute of importance in performance tread then just stay out of it and stop spamming!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:Pcx is absolutley not underpowered
If this is correct, why bother with a big bore kit?
125s can be found which output 15bhp, the PCX 125 is under that by quite some way.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
If this is correct, why bother with a big bore kit?
Because there are parts available,its a perfect size scoot and i like to get maximum out of my machine,its rather simple..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:

125s can be found which output 15bhp, the PCX 125 is under that by quite some way.
As i said before ' bar a couple that are more powerful' (xmax 125 and peugeot bla bla-so you say) which are not available in the North/South America,Australia, and f knows where else why does it even concern the rest of us?? You can tell how much interest/following there is in them as there are hardly any aftermarket bits for them.....boooring..So what other 125's are out there that better Pcx and are readily available to most of us?

Ps there is a vid of xmax 125 acceleration and it seems that with its 15hp is not quicker than my underpowered Pcx....its not hard to find it.