Trouble with condo garage door

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Trouble with condo garage door

Post by Jge64 »

I’m going to post this so that it searchable, I don’t expect a lot of comments on it. Recently I moved into a new condo and immediately noticed the first day that when my scooter/CTX passed over the trigger in the floor, either bike would not. No here is the important part: I went to the management and was told there was nothing they could do about it , it’s just the way it is, and I need to possibly buy a bigger bike. The manager said ‘we don’t really like bikes anyway so we don’t do anything to help you”… What a jerkweed…

After researching it myself, everything he said Was a bunch of crap. They had no clue what they were talking about. After sitting down with the maintenance manager and asking him to open up the garage condo control box, there is a simple control to turn up the sensitivity of the ground loop that it is triggered by metal going over the loop. So we changed it from #2 setting to #5 and it worked instantly.... Thank God the maintenance manager was a biker himself… And could appreciate the conundrum I was in.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Trouble with condo garage door

Post by easyrider »

I would never own a condo... Too many condo commanders and in fighting.. No peace and you all share in the disaster like hurricanes what Insurance doesn't cover. I heard once that a condo owner got sued for non paying a contractor or he got hurt on the property or something like that. He sued the condo owner and the association.. No one could sell their condo until the lien was satisfied.. Don't know all the particulars but it was a mess for everyone in the joint.I know homes are expensive in South Florida but condo living could be a nightmare. Sounds like you are already experiencing the condo commanders not liking a biker.. Good luck.. !! More problems to come !!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Thanks for the real positive comments…jerk...... I’ve owned this place for 10 years, as a rental, it’s never been a problem and never had a problem with anybody else… This was just a minor inconvenience....
Glen
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Jge64 wrote:Thanks for the real positive comments…jerk...... I’ve owned this place for 10 years, as a rental, it’s never been a problem and never had a problem with anybody else… This was just a minor inconvenience....
Yep. My mom's been in her StPete Beach condo for 30 yrs. Loves it. Nice folks all around. Sold her car, walks or takes the trolley everywhere she needs to go. Scooters everywhere. .. I'd own just a couple scooters and a rain poncho if I could live down there.
Ride safe
Fish
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Isn't there a device you can buy that triggers the sensor ?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

springer1 wrote:Isn't there a device you can buy that triggers the sensor ?
Most people aren’t making them anymore, the big parts houses will not carry them anymore, Because they have a 50-50 shot of working. I discussed this with Revzilla at length this morning. Some you tube vids say you can put a magnet on the bottom of your bike, tried that last night with my big shop magnet that has about a 50 pound pull and it didn’t do anything.
Glen
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Jge64 wrote:Thanks for the real positive comments…jerk...... I’ve owned this place for 10 years, as a rental, it’s never been a problem and never had a problem with anybody else… This was just a minor inconvenience....
You are quite welcome ah... (one born every minute they say)
I was merely commenting on how life could be tough on some living in those type of residences. You brought it up how some folks are already giving you some heartburn over your motorcycle in your condo. Take it easy on the name calling.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

:) relax :D This is the Internet not a condo :lol:
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Jge64 wrote:
springer1 wrote:Isn't there a device you can buy that triggers the sensor ?
Most people aren’t making them anymore, the big parts houses will not carry them anymore, Because they have a 50-50 shot of working. I discussed this with Revzilla at length this morning. Some you tube vids say you can put a magnet on the bottom of your bike, tried that last night with my big shop magnet that has about a 50 pound pull and it didn’t do anything.
That's disappointing, I was thinking of adding one of those magnets to my scoot.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.