The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am 
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red
I've found the ventilated mesh jackets to be really good. I have this Tourmaster Draft Air 3: http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/d ... _3/116/628

For the summer, leave out the liner, and you get some nice airflow, while still having armor in the right places. Also, the brand name 'Tourmaster' is more likely to get you a warning than "Joe Rocket". ;)

I tried it tonight with the liner in, as it's a bit chilly out here tonight. It works great at blocking the wind. Haven't tried it in rain yet. Need to get some rain pants next.

It has two slash pockets on the outside, and two different inside pocket. One is sized for an old cell phone and one is a full size zip one.

There's a velcro strip that closes over the zipper to keep it from flapping annoyingly against my chin.

Build quality is good; about what you'd expect at this price point. That is to say, you wouldn't mistake it for a $500 jacket.

Here are some pix:

On me:

Mesh action:

It has an inside pocket on each side. Here's one. You can also see here where the liner zips in:

Back of jacket. Tourmaster emblem is retro-reflective:

Highly recommended 3 season jacket. It cost just over $100, I think. You can see from the link above that it's available in colors other than dayglow, if that's not your thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:59 pm 
Prestige
Prestige

Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
I like Jeremy,
Because it's black mesh on HiVis trim rather than HiViz mesh on black trim. Mine is a firstgear product and the bugs get into the mesh causing for some effort to get them brushed out after an evening ride. Out of sight, out of mind with your reversed color pattern. It's better for this reason alone.

Attachments:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg [ 163.46 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:57 pm 
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Year: 2013
Color: red PCX
I have a Tourmaster Sonora 3/4 air mesh Hi-viz jacket and I can't say enough for it. It saved my life, it let's the air flow through when I am riding, it comes with an inner liner for warmth and a rain liner to keep you dry. I have worn it with and without the liners. My wife liked the feel of it enough that she bought one for herself. These are not $100 or cheaper jackets, but they are worth it. ($200 on sale)

Givi tall windshield and tailbox on both
Lots and lots of extra lights
Custom seats from Thailand
Bad boy Airhorn on each
Takegawa Lowering Shocks on both

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:56 am 
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red
I tried the liner, which is a wind/rain barrier only; no insulation. It works great for wind. My guess (experience) is that this will make the jacket good for down into the 50s (°F), without wearing a fleece underneath.

On a warm day, it is good for ventilation with the Givi windscreen on the PCX. On a hot day, it would be OK, except at really low speeds. With a stock PCX windscreen, it might be cool in ambient temps below 80°F.

I haven't tried it in rain yet. I'll update this when I do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:54 pm 

Year: 2018
Color: White
Have the same Tourmaster jacket. The liner is great for rain and wind into the upper 50’s for me. A thin fleece underneath will get me another ten degrees before I need my winter weight jacket.

Honda Shadow 750 ACE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2015 PCX
Joe rocket has just released a jacket liscenced by Honda, it is summer light mesh with approp liners for cold and wet riding. It has Honda logos front and back. I have put about 750 miles on it in hot weather and it has great flow.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/joe-rock ... vfr-jacket

‘15 PCX
‘16 CTX 700 DCT/ABS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:33 am 
Prestige
Prestige

Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
That is a nice jacket, I like it! Looks very reflective.

PCX Whisperers: maddiedog- dem0nk1d- waspmike- dasshreddar- GN- sendler2112- honkerman- DAB- BPT7594- Oyabun- silverantec- chicaboo- ThailandPCX- Dragon_uk- TrumpMAGA- k2apache6.0- pcx power-full- JaeMelo- markgj- Techno

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2017
Quote:
Joe rocket has just released a jacket liscenced by Honda, it is summer light mesh with approp liners for cold and wet riding. It has Honda logos front and back. I have put about 750 miles on it in hot weather and it has great flow.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/joe-rock ... vfr-jacket

Nice looking jacket. I like the fact that it has armor, is available in the gorilla sizes, and reflective surfaces. . .and "Honda" on it! :D