Screens

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Screens

Post by Mister Paul »

The SH300 comes without a screen. It's fine as it is, but you get the obvious wind push on your torso, bugs on your visor and wet when it rains.

SH300 screens are cheap, but you generally have to fit the screen brackets that come with the Honda screen, and as far as I'm aware you can only buy the brackets with the standard Honda screen.

When I bought my SH300 I ordered the Honda screen kit (which comes with the brackets and a pair of clear plastic hand guards) and the Givi short screen.

Fitting the brackets was very easy once someone had send me the 4-page fitting instructions. Fitting requires removal of some plastics, and temporarily moving the light/display unit out of the way. There are two blanking plates to remove, which reveal the mounting holes for the brackets which then simply screw into place.

The Givi screen is thicker perspex than the Honda screen. It's nicely finished. I fitted it with the intention of running it year-round. It sits below helmet-height so keeps your torso dry and the wind pressure off your body, and worked well for me.

Now that it's getting cold I thought I'd swap it for the Honda screen, which is huge. Ignoring the ugly aesthetics, it's a revelation. No wind or rain on the helmet, and no wind noise around the helmet. It's great. You look through rather than over it, but I use Nikwax Visor Proof on it, so rain beads off. I've never had a problem with visibility through it. It's that quiet that you can hear the quietest of noises from the scoot. And it's fine at motorway speeds. I've not noticed a dip in MPG either. I can see it getting warm in the summer, so once we're through the winter I'll stick the Givi screen back on.
horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Re: Screens

Post by horobags »

do you use the same fitting brackets for both the honda /givi screens?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

horobags wrote:do you use the same fitting brackets for both the honda /givi screens?
Yeah, both the Givi screens bolt onto the Honda brackets.
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

Mister Paul wrote:
horobags wrote:do you use the same fitting brackets for both the honda /givi screens?
Yeah, both the Givi screens bolt onto the Honda brackets.
making it easier to interchange. My puig is ok but I must admit to preferring the honda (riot shield) screen. Think it'll be on my winter shopping list. :)
Symcity

Post by Symcity »

Guys I too have the OEM screen and one made by fabbri in Italy - both use the OEM brackets - the huge Honda screen was useless in the inclement scottish weather - it prevented air circulation around my visor and I couldn’t see a thing in wet conditions - I’m sure horobags had similar problems with the OEM screen on his previous sh300i - I think he had it cut down in size
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

I think I've only had my visor down a couple of times since I fitted the large screen. So much so that I'd buy an open-face helmet if I wasn't concerned about coming off and landing on my face. It seems that the routine where they're built and ridden most is to wear normal clothes and an open-face helmet.
rogershuff
Color: Red

Post by rogershuff »

Hi - Mister Paul - any chance you could post or send the screen fitting instructions you mention? I need to remove the plastic cover around the headlight on my 2017 SH300i ... without breaking it. Thanks.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

rogershuff wrote:Hi - Mister Paul - any chance you could post or send the screen fitting instructions you mention? I need to remove the plastic cover around the headlight on my 2017 SH300i ... without breaking it. Thanks.
Here you go...

https://s13.postimg.org/6qz7jjyiv/IMG_1493.png
https://s13.postimg.org/nri3s9e53/IMG_1494.png
https://s13.postimg.org/p6joh0piv/IMG_1495.png
https://s13.postimg.org/j5lzjzd7b/IMG_1496.png
rogershuff

Post by rogershuff »

Brilliant - exactly what I needed. Thanks.
Ian Daly

Post by Ian Daly »

Hi All

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the hand guards alone? It looks like being a bit expensive buying the screen/guards just to burn the screen for being hideous!

Cheers

Ian
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

honda only sell the screen/handguards as a pack, shame Ive a puig screen and would like handguards.
john freeman

Post by john freeman »

I've bought and fitted the Honda screen, but it is very big and I've been trying to find a smaller replacement screen to fit the supports. The only one I've found is this Kappa: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/KD1143S-Windsh ... 3024500022 . Mr Paul, could you tell me where you got the Givi please, and was it pre-drilled to fit the Honda supports? Thanks.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

john freeman wrote:I've bought and fitted the Honda screen, but it is very big and I've been trying to find a smaller replacement screen to fit the supports. The only one I've found is this Kappa: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/KD1143S-Windsh ... 3024500022 . Mr Paul, could you tell me where you got the Givi please, and was it pre-drilled to fit the Honda supports? Thanks.
I Got the screen from Hunts in Manchester, but it's available on t'internet if you Google the model number. D1143S.
john freeman

Post by john freeman »

Thanks for that!
Pistol660
Year: 2017 sh300i

Post by Pistol660 »

Hello there :) the links for the fitting instructions don't appear to be working. Could they please be reposted? Thanks in advance
john freeman

Post by john freeman »

Are these the instructions you want? : http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA ... 7_2046.pdf

I bought the Givi screen mentioned further up. When it arrived from Italy it was black not the tinted I was expecting and looked odd on my white SH, and I've by now got used to the Honda barn-door screen (nice riding without a visor or earplugs). So the Givi is for sale if anyone wants it. Used for only one journey. Cost 48.55 Euros. So - £10 + postage.
Pistol660
Year: 2017 sh300i

Post by Pistol660 »

Thanks for the pdf. Mine is 2017 but I can't see why it would be any different. Is your Givi screen still see through?
john freeman

Post by john freeman »

My bike's a 2017 too. The screen is very dark, not just tinted.