Honda pcx 125 ,2017

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rooneydavid79
Year: 2015
Color: Brown

Honda pcx 125 ,2017

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Hi everyone can someone put my mind at rest please my new pcx has less than 140 miles on the clock when I start it up from cold sounds a bit noisy like a chain noise after 5 mins its perfect the dealer told me this is normal as it's the running in oil that's why the first service is 600 miles or 3 month's in my case 3 month's thanks if anyone can advise is the dealer right appreciate any replies
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Honda pcx 125 ,2017

Post by TheMaverick »

Interesting. Can't say that I noticed anything like that with mine when it was new.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

You might be talking about the high idle, engine speed. If so, when the engine is cold it has to run at a higher rpm with a richer fuel mixture until it warms up.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

It's just on tickover sounds like it's coming from behind the silver box on side which says Honda sorry I'm new with scooter's when I'm riding there's no noise just don't always trust dealers LOL when they've had your money
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

I always warm it up before I go out don't know weather that's a good thing and iv checked the oil everything ok just that little noise don't know weather I'm worrying too much thanks for the replies
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

I don't bother to warm up mine - I just take it easy for a few minutes (no "full throttle" stuff etc).

I don't think I'd be too concerned - be interesting to hear what others have to say about it though.
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Only way I can describe it is when I use to change the oil on a car and then turn the engine over it sounds noisy for a bit untill the new oil gets around the engine similar on my bike for a few minutes with it being new
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Rooneydavid79 wrote:Only way I can describe it is when I use to change the oil on a car and then turn the engine over it sounds noisy for a bit untill the new oil gets around the engine similar on my bike for a few minutes with it being new
The only thing I can relate to that is a bit of a "clatter" that I hear from the engine just as it rolls to a stop and the clutch disengages.

Any chance you could post a video of it?
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Sorry don't know how to post video's and pics new to this I spoke to the Honda mechanic he said it's because it's a new engine and it's running in its only if I leave it for a week or so and then start it it does it after a few minutes it's normal no loss of power and not cutting out or nothing runs fine
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Rooneydavid79 wrote:Sorry don't know how to post video's and pics new to this
Easiest to just upload to YouTube and post a link.
I spoke to the Honda mechanic he said it's because it's a new engine and it's running in its only if I leave it for a week or so and then start it it does it after a few minutes it's normal no loss of power and not cutting out or nothing runs fine
Guess we'll have to take his word for it. Mine didn't do it, but then again, I never left it for a week (it's always been used daily).