Got my pick of parking this morning.

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Got my pick of parking this morning.

Post by PCX150Rider »

Dogs are great. . .I've had 4 over my life-time and miss them all. Last one was a Boston Terrier.

Now I have a cat. . .great critter. Smarter than I give him credit for. I can understand why cats are a real model for survival in this world. They tend to be independent. . .make it on their own. It's the curiosity that prods them on to learn new things and be able to deal with whatever comes their way. We can learn from them. . .. :geek:
photo 1a.jpg
photo 1a.jpg (265.57 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
photo 2a.jpg
photo 2a.jpg (288.23 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My dogs love cats. :D 8) :lol: :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Dogs are great. . .I've had 4 over my life-time and miss them all. Last one was a Boston Terrier.

Now I have a cat. . .great critter. Smarter than I give him credit for. I can understand why cats are a real model for survival in this world. They tend to be independent. . .make it on their own. It's the curiosity that prods them on to learn new things and be able to deal with whatever comes their way. We can learn from them. . .. :geek:
photo 1a.jpg
photo 2a.jpg

8) 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:My dogs love cats. :D 8) :lol: :roll:
Free ranging cats have not survived any better than squirrel in my fenced in backyard o_O I like cats alot but only slightly more intelligent than squirrel when it comes to messing with big dogs.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Squirrels study the environment also. They are like engineers. . .always trying to find a better way to get to the food source. They just aren't too gifted when it comes to crossing traffic. :lol:

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Very smart squirrel, so why does the one in our yard try to get up to the bird feeder while our Jack Russellso are sitting there watching them? It is almost like it wants to be torn to pieces, like every other one that has come into our yard. Talk about funny, that squirrel gets so confused that it tries to run up the metal clothes line pole...and slides back down. Hint: if it didn't work the first time, it won't work 15 minutes later!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My last ride out--- had a squirrel do that "I don't know. Maybe. Oh crap!" fandango in front of me, as I tried to figure out how to miss him while getting on the brakes.
Last I saw of him he was surely under my Piaggio. But I felt nothing - and decided not to check my mirrors. It was too nice a morning to murder sombody.
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I hit a rabbit once a long time ago on a narrow country back road at dusk. Was riding with a bunch of other people on motorcycles and by the time I saw the thing hop in front of me it was too late for him. Felt bad about it but there was nothing I could have done. :roll:

I've noticed a lot more squirrels around this year for some reason. Every time I see a squirrel entering the road in front of me the first thing I do is check my rear view mirrors to make sure if I hit the brakes aggressively I don't get hit. PCX does have good brakes! Even the chipmunks are starting to creep back into my area. Haven't seen much of their presence in a long time. Turkeys are abundant as well. . .they can come in groups of a few to as much as 30. . .you never know. . .but they do seem to cross in single file most of the time. It would be an interesting study to see how many animals that get hit on the roads could have been avoided if the drivers weren't texting or talking on the phone. ;)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Cats are probably the most perfect mammal on our planet. They have been known to survive on every continent in the world. Even Antarctica where scientists dropped them off on the icy windy continent and a year they were still alive and well. They found them on out islands of Galapagos as well. They are unique and adept at whatever they want to accomplish. Smart is relative to this world and most animals have the smarts they need to exist but cats are super prolific and revered by the Egyptians and other cultures. Responsible for saving Europe and perhaps the world from the black plague. They are truly mans best friend when it comes to eradicating the other mammals that give us folks disease and sickness. Certainly under estimated, secretive, that often fosters human fear and ignorance . They are actually truly loving warm, and devoted to their owners once they accept them , however much of their existence has been subject to abuse and suffering due to human ignorance. I suppose we too would be solitary, secretive if we were out and about with the human killing machines.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I had a cat once that grew up with our Jack Russells. They were protective of her and treated her like she was one of them. Unfortunately, the cat did not like living inside and eventually would find her way outside, so we had her fixed. We put a pet crate outside under the bushes near the house, and in the winter we added blankets inside and a plastic cover over the top. She was quite happy there. There were times that we felt that we HAD to bring her in for the night (like a blizzard), but she would fight us the whole way in. I never understood that.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Its in their genes..some are barnyard cats and some are house cats. Depending on their genetics , but most cats are of outdoor designs and need approximately 1 mile square for their natural roaming habitat. Unfortunately, and much like dogs man has been screwing with their genetics and breeding for centuries sooo anything is possible nowadays.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Some house cats are good for eating bugs also. . .hence the name "Buggers". :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Some house cats are good for eating bugs also. . .hence the name "Buggers". :lol:

Hmmm....that and scratching settees.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

We walk our cat on a leash usually twice a day. He's an indoor cat but has a large cage approx 2.5 metres X 1.5 metres X 2 metres tall covered in fishing net with access from the house through a cat flap. He also has a smaller bench enclosure accessed from our kitchen window. He sits out there whenever there's a storm, not in the least worried by thunder and lightning. He also has attitude and whacks my wife on the back of her leg when he thinks it's time for a walk. He also knows better than to whack me. :D :D :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

For breakfast or for dinner? .... Sorry, I couldn't resist that. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider, I turn the page and there the two of you were! How adorable is that!! Just PRICELESS! :P
I'm a dog person. Loved my dog. In the past I also had a cat, fish, guinea pig, turtles, frogs, and birds

Yup, itsa Story
Sorry to the cat lovers on the board. Not a fan.
Venting overdue
I grew up in a residential area, our immediate neighbor had anywhere between 10-12 cats at any given time. Kittens always being born. Our property was under a 1/4 acre and their cats would roam it all day and night leaving their excrement, pee and spray behind. Our garden beds always reeked...what a way to Welcome folks!
At the time I was a blooming teen gardener, growing roses (of every color and mixed), vegetables, herbs, and assorted trees. Those furry monsters soon were my garden's enemy. I tried everything to keep them out. I hung mothballs inside stockings and dangled them from stakes, I sprinkled red hot pepper flakes on the ground, bought and set up fencing...nothing worked! I fought them off for years, sadly they won. My gardening days Had To end because of my neighbor's clowder of cats.

Much Later in life I adopted a cat. Him..Not so nice. Nipped me often esp when he wanted something. As he aged and turned ill he lost control. He ruined just about everything in my home. Furniture, curtains, chairs, walls, carpeting. Furr balls were often found as well. He had his claws, evidence could be found on my shredded sofa. Yes, I had a scratch post, the elite model. What about cat hair? His hair would set deep into the fibers of everything. No vacuum known to man could suck them out. They were like woven spikes. I took care of him till he could walk no more and held him as he was put to sleep.
I cried for days. I missed him terribly. He drove me crazy in love. Crazy right?

Sooo.....No more cats for me.
I Love animals, but boy do they break my heart when they leave me :cry:
The End
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

My late Dobermanns used to love cats & hedgehogs. Given the chance they'd have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

There are certain animals that do not work well IN my dogs. If they catch a rabbit we have to take them to the vet because they eat the whole thing, and the fur gets stuck inside of them. They are not wild any more, so their stomachs don't process things like they use to once upon a time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I grew up in a residential area, our immediate neighbor had anywhere between 10-12 cats at any given time. Kittens always being born. Our property was under a 1/4 acre and their cats would roam it all day and night leaving their excrement, pee and spray behind. Our garden beds always reeked...what a way to Welcome folks!
You could write a book on that garden I'll bet! :o o_O :lol: :roll:

Warning! I'm writing a book here. . .continue or move to the next post. o_O :geek: :lol:

There are cat fanatics roaming the planet who would think nothing of having 30 or 40 cats. Every once in a while you read about one in the paper or see what's left of the house on TV. They definitely don't make good neighbors. Barking dogs can be a nuisance too but you don't hear about someone having 30 or 40 dogs too often.

Having owned dogs since I was a kid and up until recently I have to say I miss every one of them. Did I already say that? But at this time of my life the cat is much easier to take care of. I've talked with people who had cats that started losing control of themselves when they get up around 15 years old or more and sometimes the only thing one can do is to go with the recommendation of the veterinarian.

And yes cats can be crazy. There are crazy cats and not so crazy cats. Fortunately I've got a not-so-crazy cat but the species does puncture and scratch their fellow family members once in a while just to keep the group keen on their survival skills. He will take a wack at me sometimes but then he'll jump up and sleep in my lap while I'm watching TV and sleep. I think he's trying to tell me in cat language he's on the ready just in case the crap hits the fan. . .in other words I can rely on him to guard the perimeter. ;)

Oh. . .one more thing. . .he always hits the mark (his litter box). Once in a while cats do puke from fur balls though. . .and that lands where it lands and as long as you can get to it soon then no harm done. I only feed him dry food so it's dries quick. :lol:

At the end of the day I'm glad I've got the cat and do keep an ample supply of Hydrogen Peroxide and Band Aids on hand! :lol: ;) :geek: 8)

I named him after this great Beatles Album. Sgt. Pepper. As my daughter and I said to him at the pet shop some years ago. . ."We'd like to take you home with us. . .we'd love to take you home!" :D

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

There are certain animals that do not work well IN my dogs. If they catch a rabbit we have to take them to the vet because they eat the whole thing, and the fur gets stuck inside of them. They are not wild any more, so their stomachs don't process things like they use to once upon a time.
That'll give you gas. . .. I guess they didn't have rabbit on this menu, . . . however. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: