2013 v 2016 LED Lights

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

brrit
Year: 2013 & 2016
Color: Red & Grey

2013 v 2016 LED Lights

Post by brrit »

My wife wants to add LED headlights to her 2013 after seeing my 2016 driving in the dark. I've poked around the forum and see that several folks have added LED light strips near the forks, which seems like a simple addition. My only question is how does the wiring work? And, how do you turn them off and on?

Also, any suggestions on a free app for navigation that avoids freeways and tollways? I know that several of the apps have those options but do a really poor job. Waze, which I love in the car, keeps directing me onto a freeway. We live in Dallas and there are plenty of side roads, but I keep having the apps direct me on the freeway. Anyone found an app they love that avoids those pesky freeways?
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: 2013 v 2016 LED Lights

Post by dgnyberg »

I'm in the process of adding a LOT of lighting to my 2013.
I added a fused line directly from the battery to power my lights.
I'm using a handle bar mounted dual switch assembly.
One switch has three positions, on-off-on.(I-0-II)
One of these positions(I) will power my low beam Spot LEDs mounted on the forks(like MEL46's fork lights).
The II position will power my flood LEDs(High Beams) that are mounted where the front turn signals used to be.(I replaced the OEM signals with LEDs)
The 0 position is the off position, so I will be running stock headlights in this position.
I have seen LED headlights for the HS5 socket on the 2013, but they wanted $70 each for them.

The other switch on the assembly will run my underglow COB LEDs and el-wire.

I am replacing all the OEM turn signals with LED strip lighting. Red on the back and yellow on the front.
I'll be posting pics soon of the torn down scooter. Then, once it's done, more pics!!

Dave
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: 2013 v 2016 LED Lights

Post by Mel46 »

One of the members actually tore the bike apart, took the light assembly apart and installed led lights in the assembly. That is a lot of work, but in the end he had some nice led headlights. Not too many of us are that brave. Instead most of us go the route dgnyberg has.

Also, Google maps should have a way to select no freeways when you set up a trip.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers