Hi folks!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Hi folks!

Post by Limey »

Have been surfing here since July and have picked up multiple outstanding tips. Thought I'd better let you know I am here. I ordered a new padded seat cover from Cheeky Seats in order to get rid of the hump and have added a clock to the handlebars. I also looked at many folk's recommendations for replacement tires and went with the Michelin City Grips. :)

I have a 2013 PCX150 (Black - 5000 miles) and my wife has a 2016 PCX150 (Red - 600 miles). Bought the red one for her, and I had so much fun riding it that I went out and bought mine 3 days later!

I am English, but have lived in Colorado for nearly 30 years.

These are our bikes:
Attachments
Bikes2.jpg
Bikes2.jpg (441.08 KiB) Viewed 740 times
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Hi folks!

Post by springer1 »

Welcome, glad you're joining !!!
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

Welcome!!
This place is full of informative and friendly people.
Look around and find all the cool stuff.

Dave
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Big welcome from another land of mountain ranges - New Zealand.

Bikes look great. Are you new to riding?
Koolpcx

Post by Koolpcx »

Welcome you will love it
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

TheMaverick wrote:Big welcome from another land of mountain ranges - New Zealand.

Bikes look great. Are you new to riding?
My wife has been riding for years, but I have been making her downsize as we get a lot older! She has had dirt bikes, Silver Wing and Kawasaki Vulcan amongst others. As for me, I have had 50cc scooters on and off for years and just decided that I needed to keep up with her now! :)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome and congrats on the purchases. It is pretty cool when you buy one and all it does is make you want to go out an buy another one .... which you did. :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Despite the fact that the 2013 does not have LED lighting, it is a great bike. My wife and I have 2 of them. 2013 had the fastest of the PCX 150s because of gearing. If you change out your variator, drive face, and rollers your little bike could top out at 75 mph. Your wife's bike, with the same changes would be a few mph lower. Many owners don't care if it hits 75 mph, but they do care about keeping up on hills. That is the advantage of making those mods.
As for LED lights, many of us have added auxiliary led lights. They work out well for seeing and being seen in the evenings, and even during daylight.
It might also be worth your while to learn how to do some maintenance on the bikes yourself too. It will give you more confidence and save you money in the long run.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Mel: I like doing the cosmetic stuff, like seat covers etc., but mechanical upgrades are not for me any more. I like that to be stock. We have no complaints about performance on our PCXs, so we'll leave them like they are for now. :)

Over the years I have done mechanical work on so many vehicles that I have lost count - started when I totally rebuilt a 1960 Mini Van back in England in the late 60's. I just like to leave things stock and have other folks do my maintenance now. :D
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Limey wrote:mechanical upgrades are not for me any more. I like that to be stock. We have no complaints about performance on our PCXs, so we'll leave them like they are for now. :)

Over the years I have done mechanical work on so many vehicles that I have lost count - started when I totally rebuilt a 1960 Mini Van back in England in the late 60's. I just like to leave things stock and have other folks do my maintenance now. :D
Great to know that I'm not alone in my thinking (I was beginning to wonder) - I've been more than happy with stock variator, belt, shocks, tyres, windshield, lights, exhaust etc. About the only thing I've done is give it a hump-ectomy and add heated grips.
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

TheMaverick wrote: About the only thing I've done is give it a hump-ectomy and add heated grips.
I did the hump-ectomy last night! Received my new seat cover from Cheeky Seats yesterday. Black with red stitching and extra padding. It looks stunning. Now my wife wants one for her 2016, but unfortunately they don't make them. :(