Givi Screen Fitment

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Re: Givi Screen Fitment

Post by Chapel77 »

homie wrote:I like your parking area :D

A bit OCD for a garage. Full central heating and carpeted out with my PCX standing on a clear plastic carpet protector with a mat for the centre stand matching the one at the external door, as well as the mat leading into the house. Kitchen base units with matching wall units on top for my cleaning and scooter stuff.

It's always important to be warm and comfortable with good lighting in your 'man cave'!
Living the Honda Dream!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Chapel77 wrote:

A bit OCD for a garage. Full central heating and carpeted out with my PCX standing on a clear plastic carpet protector with a mat for the centre stand matching the one at the external door, as well as the mat leading into the house. Kitchen base units with matching wall units on top for my cleaning and scooter stuff.

It's always important to be warm and comfortable with good lighting in your 'man cave'!

No disagreement from me
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Or me 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

Chapel77 wrote:

With all that ocd why didn't you put that rubber around the edge of the screen? [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 905c4f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

lolofigo wrote:
Chapel77 wrote:

With all that ocd why didn't you put that rubber around the edge of the screen?

Because I like the idea of a clear screen I can see through without the distraction on a lump of rubber around it!
Living the Honda Dream!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

lolofigo, I can't see your image. Are you mentioning the thin rubber trim that goes around the base of the givi screen after it's installed? To finish off the look and close up a bit of the gap? I had used that rubber trim piece on mine when I had that screen installed. Can you try to repost your pic another way so everyone here knows/sees what you're suggesting to Chapel77? That would be cool! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

WhiteNoise wrote:lolofigo, I can't see your image. Are you mentioning the thin rubber trim that goes around the base of the givi screen after it's installed? To finish off the look and close up a bit of the gap? I had used that rubber trim piece on mine when I had that screen installed. Can you try to repost your pic another way so everyone here knows/sees what you're suggesting to Chapel77? That would be cool! :P
Cut and pasted his link on my laptop, it showed a rubber trim all the way around the edge of the full screen, a bit distracting for me, and a prefer a 'cleaner' look.
Living the Honda Dream!
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

WhiteNoise wrote:lolofigo, I can't see your image. Are you mentioning the thin rubber trim that goes around the base of the givi screen after it's installed? To finish off the look and close up a bit of the gap? I had used that rubber trim piece on mine when I had that screen installed. Can you try to repost your pic another way so everyone here knows/sees what you're suggesting to Chapel77? That would be cool! :P
I'm using tapatalk app on my phone to view posts and post pictures without resizing. There was rubber trim that goes around the screen included in the kit but it seems like I'm the only person bothered to put it on. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... f33f7b.jpg[/img]

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Awesome pics. . .very helpful. Nice screen. . .that sticker is huge. GGeeezzzzz. . .can't they give you something to carry around in your wallet instead?

I just found out you posted these a few days ago.

Thanks for mentioning it on the other thread. . . :D
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

PCX150Rider wrote:Awesome pics. . .very helpful. Nice screen. . .that sticker is huge. GGeeezzzzz. . .can't they give you something to carry around in your wallet instead?

I just found out you posted these a few days ago.

Thanks for mentioning it on the other thread. . . :D
Yep, L plate not pretty, but are a necessary evil!!!
Living the Honda Dream!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Maybe you can cut the "L" decal down to where it just fits over the Givi name. There seems to be a lot of white background on the decal, certainly more than would seem necessary to get the point across.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

Mel46 wrote:Maybe you can cut the "L" decal down to where it just fits over the Givi name. There seems to be a lot of white background on the decal, certainly more than would seem necessary to get the point across.
Legal requirement to have it that size, white background included!!!

Some do alter or cut it down, but there is always a risk of bumping into a Police Officer. 3 points on your licence and can invalidate your insurance, so seizure of your scooter and another 6 points!
Living the Honda Dream!
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

So it is now the time to put a new 'L' plate back on the front of my scooter :|

I know it spoils the look of the scooter, but I need a clean driving licence more!
Attachments
Givi Screen (56).JPG
Givi Screen (56).JPG (281.72 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Living the Honda Dream!
izani
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by izani »

Nice. Looks like it's an easy job.
Jacito
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by Jacito »

Chaple77, the windshield looks great. Where does the wind hit you now, and how tall are you? I'm 5'-10" (178cm).
Ride on and leave only tire tracks.
Jim

'15 Honda PCX 150
Pearl White
Motori Tec Inc. Performance Variator w/ 14g rollers
ContiScoot tires - safety recalled
Avon Viper tires
'08 Q'link Pegasus (traded in @ 12,000 miles)
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

I'm of similar height, wind now deflects around head level, but doesn't impact as much as when it was more chest level. Very much depends on how I wear my helmet, with the front flipped up I get quite a lot of buffeting around 50mph or so as the wind seems to catch on the chin piece, with my helmet closed, no bother!
When it's raining, my chest usually stays dry, rain catches the outside of my arms instead.

Hope this helps, I have no regrets fitting this screen.
Living the Honda Dream!