Hurricane IRMA

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Hurricane IRMA

Post by Jge64 »

I really wasn't worried about that, the PCX has enough range that it would eclipse any temp gas shortage down here. And all I was doing was going to the bank, to the bar, friends, local places etc… very close.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ya a black screen appears. When it does, just click on the underscored words: "Watch this video on youtube" and then you will be taken to a youtube channel. Where it plays.

Love it! A song that drives me to our Southern Most Point - to order one of the very best Pina Colada's in the US of A! ;) But....not today. The Keys are barren and roadways are under water. A sad sad day indeed.

Update: Whilst sleeping Irma twirled herself into a Cat 4. I told you She was a Bitch! Her outer bands are tossing Tornado's everywhere. Storm surge is killer. Talk about Fear!

I can remember 1988 when I buried myself in a closet for 4 LONG hours. Tornado's - 4 to be exact were just miles away surrounding our community. Incredible how the lightening was flashing, non-stop, back to back... nothing like I've ever seen. How does that happen? And the noise! My God! Deep Growling sounds that I thought would Never end. I was alone. I shook and prayed while I crapped in my pants. All that power all the strength above and there I sat like a crumb waiting to be swept away.

Now Irma, "I can only imagine...."

Mum OK?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Lots of this all over the roads:
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

2yous, me Mum is safe, she's sane and she's snug as a bug in a rug! :D She's been feeling quite well as of late. I'll tell her you asked (old folks love when others think/ask about them, even if they don't know you). Thanks 2yous, you will bring a Smile to her Face,...and to her Day!

Just A giggle
She told me that She was riding a motorcycle in her dreams the other night :roll: She wondered why.
She Hates Motorcycles!! :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

To Glen, and other's who were affected by Irma's wrath, I'm so sorry for the damage caused and the lives that She took. Hurricanes always frighten me no matter what their size. They certainly appear to have a mind of their own - doing what they want, when they want and to whom they want! But She had second thoughts. She changed her course again. Thank God otherwise the outcome would have been disastrous!
Down trees, power outages, low area flooding(?) losses of all kinds occurred, but Florida like Texas will join brotherly forces and together build Everything "for the Better!"
I'm thankful you have one another.
A-men and more (place heart emoticon)

Let's Ride! :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Cousin in Cape Coral lost every screen in the lanai and a few shingles. The pool is full of crap but at least the water didn't roll over her corner lot on a waterway. Boat will have some dents but unsinkable pontoon style party boats can survive I guess. Note to self, foam filled double hulled or pontoon boats don't sink so you don't pay a thousand dollar a day fine for everyday they lay on the bottom here in Illinois in the land of environmental extremist waco dill weeds.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Glad everyone is healthy. You can always replace stuff. . .life is priceless. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Glad everyone is healthy. You can always replace stuff. . .life is priceless. 8)

Well no. It has a price for disposal. Not on home soil of course. It's what part of your tax dollar goes for.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Well no. It has a price for disposal. Not on home soil of course. It's what part of your tax dollar goes for.
It gets really complicated on a national scale when you get two major storms back to back too. And now they are watching Hurricane Jose to see if that's going to rock the U.S. East Coast. Fingers crossed on that one.

Here's a pic taken the next day after Storm Sandy of what it did to a beach down the road from my house back in 2012. Nothing like what we saw in Texas or Florida but it caused the Govt. to put in a huge new wall that took a couple of years to complete after all was said and done.
100_2792a.jpg
100_2792a.jpg (263.75 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
DCP_1501a.jpg
DCP_1501a.jpg (190.97 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Some of the best metal detecting in the world will be happening on these deep cut florida beaches now. MAN! I need to be there picking up spanish gold and silver. Jewelry dating back to the victorian era OH lordy! That stuff sinks straight down and stays there until tons of sand gets moved offshore by events like this. The forums will literally make you get gold fever looking at their finds.
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (29.1 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

They make me crazy looking at this stuff.... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I WANT TO GO GET SOME!
Attachments
9.12.17gold.jpg
9.12.17gold.jpg (86.68 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Old gold... amazing!
Attachments
goldring1.JPG
goldring1.JPG (174.96 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
goldring.JPG
goldring.JPG (194.6 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
45ct.jpg
45ct.jpg (40.3 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Holy Smoker's homie, I forgot all about that!! Aw geez what a miss! Don't look over at their finds anymore else you'll continue to eat yer heart out.
Ohhh....I Wish I didn't see those pics! Oh, yeah right!...thanks for sharing.
Arg! Tis Gold Mateys and there's more where that came from!! :cry:
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Just north of Tampa we faired pretty well. No damage to speak of.. Never lost power however lots of folks did. Lots of leaves and twigs nothing the hand blower couldn't handle. Still without any TV, internet, or home phone service however. Cell phones are working.Gasoline lines have dissipated now and normal is returning. Even Wally World is open and rockin away.I use the FORZA extensively as its easier to get around and fuel efficient. Seems like folks on the east coast had a rough time. I do wish I was over on the treasure coast , I bet the metal detectors are going crazy looking for the fleet's loot..Gonna be some good finds !!!High winds and storms usually move the shoreline around and expose the loot.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good News Easyr! :P
I was just about to ask and Now here you are, back with better news than I thought I'd hear. Cheers to that! I lived North of Tampa so I guess my 'ol home also faired well.

About trees, mature Scrub Oaks and Live Oaks are seen everywhere down South USA. They get pretty dried out with age so it doesn't take much for a storm to thin them out :D I remember collecting their debris seasonally. Branches, moss, twigs, bark found everywhere.
Regardless, Live Oak's are quite beautiful. Upon first sight everyone wonders and asks about the moss dripping from them. It's an eerie sight. So be it, they stand with character and grace. Majestic. An artist's dream to paint, draw, sketch or etch.

Here, let me show ya'll......
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (197.54 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.47 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There is always one thing interesting to me about old treasure. It tells a story. The gold itself came from others who either stole it or used captives to help mine. Then the Spanish came and took it from them. Then mother nature came along and took it from them. Then someone finds it. Then what?? Maybe it will be lost again at some point, and then found again. ...and so it goes...round and round.

On the subject of trees, it saddens me when I see a very old, beautiful tree come down because of storms. Some of them have seen the Civil War, some are older than that. How many children have played in them throughout their lives? How many people have walked by them and commented on their beauty. ...and then they are gone. Well, it is better that Mother Nature took them than a highway crew working on pouring more concrete.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Old gold... amazing!

And copper :D :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:There is always one thing interesting to me about old treasure. It tells a story. The gold itself came from others who either stole it or used captives to help mine.
OR just lost it MEL! at which point I have no problem picking it up :lol: :lol: :lol:
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

homie wrote:Old gold... amazing!
AS long as you don't find one of these!!!
Attachments
pirate.jpg
pirate.jpg (78.71 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I don't know what that is but it reminds me of The Pirates of the Caribbean.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers