New guy looking

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Koolpcx

Re: New guy looking

Post by Koolpcx »

Well yall I ended up making an offer and the seller accepted...i got it for 1500...i think I did pretty good for what it is...he said there is some scuffing on the mirrors and the foot pegs but I just want to make sure everything is kosher...I'm really excited...going to pick it up Saturday
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Koolpcx wrote:Well yall I ended up making an offer and the seller accepted...i got it for 1500...i think I did pretty good for what it is...he said there is some scuffing on the mirrors and the foot pegs but I just want to make sure everything is kosher...I'm really excited...going to pick it up Saturday
Hey - big congrats on the new purchase!

Are you new to riding?
Koolpcx

Post by Koolpcx »

thank you...yes I'm new...just go slow...take time to learn...ive been around motorcycles all my life..just haven't ridden one for 18 years lol..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Koolpcx wrote:Well yall I ended up making an offer and the seller accepted...i got it for 1500...i think I did pretty good for what it is...he said there is some scuffing on the mirrors and the foot pegs but I just want to make sure everything is kosher...I'm really excited...going to pick it up Saturday
Excellent
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Koolpcx wrote:thank you...yes I'm new...just go slow...take time to learn...ive been around motorcycles all my life..just haven't ridden one for 18 years lol..
Kool stuff :)

I just like to make an encouragement for people to make an investment in their safety since the numbers show that we're something like about 28 TIMES more likely to be killed or injured compared to someone in a car. Riding courses are always the gold standard, but I also like to recommend people take a look at a YouTube channel called MCRider - run by professional motorcycle instructor Kevin Morris:

https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22/videos

He covers a lot of things that aren't obvious until they're explained (like why people pull out in front of us, and what we can do about it).

I also run a pathetic little Facebook page called "Motorcycle Tips and Tricks to Stay Alive":

https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleTips ... StayAlive/

Have fun on the PCX - had mine about 2 1/2 years - love it just as much now as when I bought it - have put 33,000km on it in that time.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

So you are getting the '13 right? 8)

Not only congratulations but now you'll start to grin when you find yourself getting 100 MPG and can start hitting the road just for the fun of it. :D

Like others have said...take your time getting used to riding again and be safe. The PCX is light and nimble. The brakes are more than adequate. Watch out for space shot texters at red lights in your mirrors. o_O

Oh. . .and you can carry a ton of stuff under that seat. Today I went to the store and picked up a grinder, pie, big container of potato salad, and a box of cereal and it fit nicely. Plus I still had other stuff like my cable lock in there. :geek:

You may find yourself coming up with any excuse just to ride it. . .it's not all about commuting. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:So you are getting the '13 right? 8)

Not only congratulations but now you'll start to grin when you find yourself getting 100 MPG and can start hitting the road just for the fun of it. :D

Like others have said...take your time getting used to riding again and be safe. The PCX is light and nimble. The brakes are more than adequate. Watch out for space shot texters at red lights in your mirrors. o_O

Oh. . .and you can carry a ton of stuff under that seat. Today I went to the store and picked up a grinder, pie, big container of potato salad, and a box of cereal and it fit nicely. Plus I still had other stuff like my cable lock in there. :geek:

You may find yourself coming up with any excuse just to ride it. . .it's not all about commuting. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
So true. I've been known to take the long way home just to enjoy the ride longer. I find driving my car SO boring now.

I've had a weird collection of stuff fit under the seat, including (but not all at once!) ...

- Car battery (with ease) (had to go jump start someone)

- Heavy tripod & head + rain gear & first aid kit

- Align T-Rex 450 Pro DFC helicopter and controller + 6 batteries.

- Groceries

- Power Tools

The PCX reminded me of a great ad on TV for some new car. Chauffeur drives comes to pickup the owner in it - they toss a coin to see who gets to drive - chauffeur loses and gets to sit in the back looking dejected whilst owner drives. :)
Koolpcx

Post by Koolpcx »

Yes I ended up getting the 13 I think with the decent mileage and the huge Honda trunk I did good...i want on cycle trader and couldn't believe what they were bringing plus I have only seen one other black 13 with the green decals the other one is on this site....
Attachments
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG (32.93 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Good deal. Hopefully none of the bodywork mounting is busted up underneath from when it was down.
-Jeremy
Koolpcx

Post by Koolpcx »

The scuffs are very superficial....i can't wait to see it in person

Attachments
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG (96.42 KiB) Viewed 502 times
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG (80.47 KiB) Viewed 502 times
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG (74.76 KiB) Viewed 502 times
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG (120.28 KiB) Viewed 502 times
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Nothing to worry about there. How long until you get it?