What did i get for miles per gallon

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: What did i get for miles per gallon

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
chappy99 wrote:Ah,i see what you mean,darn metric system,us old guys still try to use,inches,gallons,etc.
I was brought up on miles per gallon too, but these days I find it gets confusing when there are different definitions of "gallon".

Personally, I've just settles on kilometers per litre. Speaking of which, just filled up - 41.67km/L. I'm going to see how good I can get the economy on this tank though - riding like a nana - minimal brakes - no "high speed" runs - no "full noise" accelerations. Should be interesting.
We used Imperial in Canada but because we live next door to the USA, there was always confusion concerning UK or US gallons/quarts/pints/ounces.

If you ask a Canadian how many fluid ounces in a Imperial (UK) pint/quart/gallon, they would likely say 16 ounces in a pint, 32 in a quart and 128 in a gallon ...and they would be dead-wrong, as that's a USA pint/quart/gallon.

If you ask a Brit how many fluid ounces in a Imperial (UK) pint/quart/gallon, they would say 20 ounces in a pint, 40 in a quart and 160 in a gallon....and they would be dead right

So in Canada we lived with a bastardized mixture between UK & US measurements and English too, as I was taught to spell the British way, but we were so influenced by the USA that we use both standards.

Metric is metric no matter what side of the world you live
Hate to side with the French Canadians but don't they use they system that the rest of the world uses, including the Brits (mostly).
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Checked earlier today and it was 111.1 MPG (Miles Per U.S. Gallons).

When I tell people the gas mileage it makes them laugh and they shake their heads like it sounds to good to be true but it is true. The PCX computer doesn't lie. :lol:
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:Checked earlier today and it was 111.1 MPG (Miles Per U.S. Gallons).

When I tell people the gas mileage it makes them laugh and they shake their heads like it sounds to good to be true but it is true. The PCX computer doesn't lie. :lol:
47.2 km/L according to WolframAlpha - pretty darn good!
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

@ you you

Both French & English Canadians officially use metric, but many of us old farts still think in Imperial and convert in our heads
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:@ you you

Both French & English Canadians officially use metric, but many of us old farts still think in Imperial and convert in our heads

Why? I'm an old phart and metric is made for us.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Figured I'd revive this thread.

I took a 32 mile jaunt today after topping off the tank. Was able to squeeze $3 bucks worth into it since the price has jumped about 35 cents because of Storm Harvey. Paying $2.85 a gallon now for 87 octane regular unleaded. Anyhow. . .I checked my MPG on the PCX and it said 122.2. That's about the highest I've gotten yet. :D
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

PCX150Rider wrote:Checked earlier today and it was 111.1 MPG (Miles Per U.S. Gallons).

How do you ride? Those numbers are great. The highest I have gotten is 105 US MPG, but that was on a hot day on two lane country roads with a speed of about 45 mph.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.