whos pcx has the most miles and how many miles is it

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by eggman »

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: whos pcx has the most miles and how many miles is it

Post by TheMaverick »

31,000km (19,262 miles) on my 2015 PCX in just over 2 years ... so probably not me. I'd be curious to know how many miles/km people are doing per year on average though.
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

I have 20,130 miles on my 2013 PCX.
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Brent »

19,500 on my 2015 PCX in 2.5 years.
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Woo, nice work guys. I bet there's some Thai riders who don't/can't participate who have over 50,000 km, as it may be their only transportation.

My 2013 has only 6680 miles or so. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I only got it a month ago, so that's my excuse.
-Jeremy
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Smaug wrote:Woo, nice work guys. I bet there's some Thai riders who don't/can't participate who have over 50,000 km, as it may be their only transportation.
At my current rate, that'll be me in about 18 months.
rebrab842
Year: 2011

Post by rebrab842 »

30000 miles on my 2011 pcx 125. Valves checked at 10000 not bothered since, serviced most years by myself never by a garage.Written off once and put back on the road for £100.Have thought about replacing it with another but whats the point i'll keep it till it blows up.The best bike i've ever had.
There's a few scrapes on the body work but after a good clean and 20 yards it looks as good as new.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

o_O Nice!! Keep on keeping on cause yer doing it right!
I tip my lid to you 8)
I'm out of here now :oops:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

rebrab842 wrote:30000 miles on my 2011 pcx 125. Valves checked at 10000 not bothered since, serviced most years by myself never by a garage.Written off once and put back on the road for £100.Have thought about replacing it with another but whats the point i'll keep it till it blows up.The best bike i've ever had.
There's a few scrapes on the body work but after a good clean and 20 yards it looks as good as new.
did they need adjustment at 10k?
rebrab842

Post by rebrab842 »

one of them did, cant remember if it was the inlet or the exhaust.I haven't bothered since because it hasn't slowed down that much on top end brand new it topped out at 65 mph and now it does 60 mph but the belt is 12000 miles old .As you can probably work out i left the first belt in for 18000 miles. The driven face does require changing as its a little noisy but i've got one in the house along with new clutch shoes which i will change when i next take the cover off which will be in about 6000 miles.
Carl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by Carl »

14,800 on my 2016. Need to book the 15k service which I've beem quoted £250.

Still rides great although I've lost some top speed as its on the original belt and rollers. Hitting the limiter at 62mph.

Valves never checked and I have no reason to ask the main dealer to check them!
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Carl wrote:14,800 on my 2016. Need to book the 15k service which I've beem quoted £250.

Still rides great although I've lost some top speed as its on the original belt and rollers. Hitting the limiter at 62mph.

For what it's worth ... I made the decision to start doing my own maintenance after quotes for service checks scared me. These days I have the tyres changed when they get too worn - I change the oil myself every 4000km - changed the air filter element and seal at 31,000km and ... not a lot else (apart from regular lighting & brake wear checks).

It's still on the original belt - original brake pads - original clutch plates - and it still goes just as well as the day I bought it (2 years 4 months & 31,000km ago).

I've got a spare belt and clutch plates/weights "just in case".

I reached the conclusion that if I had everything done by the dealer that was supposed to be done by the dealer (when it was supposed to be done by the dealer) then it was going to add up to a LOT of money - and I really just couldn't see the value in it. I reached the conclusion that a lot of what they do just doesn't need to be done every time eg checking the valve timing; it's a real mission to do it (a lot of things have to be taken off) and when I checked with the owner of another bike shop (friend of a friend) he said "it's not a particularly high-revving engine" and "couldn't see a need for it to be checked every time". I do monitor how much oil she burns though - 60ml in 4000km last time which I thought was just fine.

Basic difference in philosophy I think; the dealer charges a lot of money to do things so it (in theory) never breaks down between services whereas my philosophy is to run the components until they give me an indication that they've reached the end of their service life. I think a lot of parts get changed far more often then they need to be - which seems to benefit the dealers far more than it does us.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
Carl wrote:14,800 on my 2016. Need to book the 15k service which I've beem quoted £250.

For what it's worth ... I made the decision to start doing my own maintenance after quotes for service checks scared me. These days I have the tyres changed when they get too worn - I change the oil myself every 4000km - changed the air filter element and seal at 31,000km and ... not a lot else (apart from regular lighting & brake wear checks).

It's still on the original belt - original brake pads - original clutch plates - and it still goes just as well as the day I bought it (2 years 4 months & 31,000km ago).

I've got a spare belt and clutch plates/weights "just in case".

I reached the conclusion that if I had everything done by the dealer that was supposed to be done by the dealer (when it was supposed to be done by the dealer) then it was going to add up to a LOT of money - and I really just couldn't see the value in it. I reached the conclusion that a lot of what they do just doesn't need to be done every time eg checking the valve timing; it's a real mission to do it (a lot of things have to be taken off) and when I checked with the owner of another bike shop (friend of a friend) he said "it's not a particularly high-revving engine" and "couldn't see a need for it to be checked every time". I do monitor how much oil she burns though - 60ml in 4000km last time which I thought was just fine.

Basic difference in philosophy I think; the dealer charges a lot of money to do things so it (in theory) never breaks down between services whereas my philosophy is to run the components until they give me an indication that they've reached the end of their service life. I think a lot of parts get changed far more often then they need to be - which seems to benefit the dealers far more than it does us.

Couldn't agree more.

Although alternative opinions are available :lol:
Clivebroad

Post by Clivebroad »

I take my hat off to you guys with massive Milagros on your bikes, it also boads well for the future longevity. As for me I only have 16000 miles on mine but adding to them daily.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

rebrab842 wrote:30000 miles on my 2011 pcx 125. Valves checked at 10000 not bothered since, serviced most years by myself never by a garage.Written off once and put back on the road for £100.Have thought about replacing it with another but whats the point i'll keep it till it blows up.The best bike i've ever had.
It's encouraging to know that a PCXs engine can last that long. My PCX is at 13860 miles. I have put 6k miles on it since I purchased it used 9 months ago.
I also do all the maintenance on my PCX, save quite a bit of money over the long run.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Hax
Color: Black

Post by Hax »

My PCX is my daily transport and so I do about 400 miles per month. Currently at about 3,400 miles.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Gil wrote: It's encouraging to know that a PCXs engine can last that long. My PCX is at 13860 miles. I have put 6k miles on it since I purchased it used 9 months ago.
I also do all the maintenance on my PCX, save quite a bit of money over the long run.

Gil
I'd be interested if anyone has ever managed to wear a well-maintained one out.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

13,000 kms now, averaging 1000 kms/month.

changed only the windshield to a slightly taller one.

Tires stock IRC, still going great a 13k kms.
Valves not checked since 0 kms.
Added a few ml of coolant.
change oil based on manual reco interval.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just approaching 1,400 miles. Still no valve check. . .did the engine and final drive oil already. . .continues to run great. . .really pleased with the workmanship and fit and finish of the machine. :geek:
Nemesis
Year: 2012

Post by Nemesis »

I have reached so far only 7050 km, but check this PCX from Japan with more than 80000km!!! o_O
PCX 80000km.jpg
PCX 80000km.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 4369 times