The Unrideables...

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

The Unrideables...

Post by homie »

When two strokes made motorcycle racing CRAZY!

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: The Unrideables...

Post by Mel46 »

Damn! I remember racing my bike a long long time ago, but it wasn't as crazy then as it eventually got. Compared to those in that video, we were just kids with toys. Those riders in the video were riding rockets!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

More than a Challenge
I watch, I think, I say, why? A Death Wish? Beyond Reasoning :roll: :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:When two strokes made motorcycle racing CRAZY!

Niall Mackenzie :D. I've been round Donnington with him. Day of Champions laps before the MotoGP :D :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Are 2 stroke engines banned from the circuit now? nm yes, in 1999 2-strokes (blue smokes) were sent to the history dust-bin. When men were men 8)
Last edited by homie on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm glad I was able to ride in the era of some of the best factory 2-strokes ever made for the streets.

I had a 1971 Suzuki 250 X6 Hustler which, at the time, was considered a pretty good bike for a 250.

Lots of memories riding with friends and people I met back in the day who had Yamaha RD 350's, Kaw 500's and 750's (makes me think of green and orange :lol: ), Suzuki GT 750's, and the 380 GT's.

8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Are 2 stroke engines banned from the circuit now? nm yes, in 1999 2-strokes (blue smokes) were sent to the history dust-bin. When men were men 8)
Homie. 2 strokes are long gone. They could come back as engineers are trying to work around the use of total oil loss.

I was brought up on two strokes and have two in the garage on sheer principle. My wife started on " don't they stink" to "that smells lovely" :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:I'm glad I was able to ride in the era of some of the best factory 2-strokes ever made for the streets.

I had a 1971 Suzuki 250 X6 Hustler which, at the time, was considered a pretty good bike for a 250.

Lots of memories riding with friends and people I met back in the day who had Yamaha RD 350's, Kaw 500's and 750's (makes me think of green and orange :lol: ), Suzuki GT 750's, and the 380 GT's.

8)
Oooh. I had a GT380. Three cylinder two stroke. Used it for two years to go to University. Ram air and four exhausts. Setting the points was a challenge. :D . Nearly cried when I sold it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
homie wrote:Are 2 stroke engines banned from the circuit now? nm yes, in 1999 2-strokes (blue smokes) were sent to the history dust-bin. When men were men 8)
Homie. 2 strokes are long gone. They could come back as engineers are trying to work around the use of total oil loss.
Yeah I could see some emission challenges for any oil burner coming back. Especially since the big bore 600's are so locked down in old engine design because they dare not make any update or their grandfathered status would lend itself to new world emission regulation.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote:
Yeah I could see some emission challenges for any oil burner coming back. Especially since the big bore 600's are so locked down in old engine design because they dare not make any update or their grandfathered status would lend itself to new world emission regulation.

Sorry, what does that mean? The big bore 600s part and old engine design.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote: Sorry, what does that mean? The big bore 600s part and old engine design.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7989
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Aahhhh. Understand...