honda pcx - 2014 - brakes and juddering

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

bunnykins
Year: 2011
Color: white

Re: honda pcx - 2014 - brakes and juddering

Post by bunnykins »

thanks for all the feedbacks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

bunnykins wrote:
fish wrote:Cured front brake judder/squeak with a green kitchen scrubby. Lift the wheel, spin while grabbing the disc with the scrubby. Cleans off the crud, restores smooth braking.
Won't fix a damaged disc.
Fish
i cleaned it with white spirit, i think it made it worst last week

Brake cleaner is good. Cheap at your local motor factors.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

My Honda helix had the same shuddering on take off. I think it's just the design of the centrifugal clutch that causes it. My first scooter was a Yamaha Riva, it has a smooth takeoff. It also had multiple disk for the clutch that would engage with side pressure from weights and centrifugal force.

The parking brake on the PCX will only engage the rear brake. If the bike vibrates when the front brake is engaged then the front rotor is warped. If your front pads are almost gone, you might as wheal replace the disk and the pads. Also look into servicing your Combined Brake System, my parking brake worked much better after I serviced mine.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gil wrote:My Honda helix had the same shuddering on take off. I think it's just the design of the centrifugal clutch that causes it. My first scooter was a Yamaha Riva, it has a smooth takeoff. It also had multiple disk for the clutch that would engage with side pressure from weights and centrifugal force.

The parking brake on the PCX will only engage the rear brake. If the bike vibrates when the front brake is engaged then the front rotor is warped. If your front pads are almost gone, you might as wheal replace the disk and the pads. Also look into servicing your Combined Brake System, my parking brake worked much better after I serviced mine.

Gil

Not sure I'd automatically replace the disc when I replaced the pads....