Dead Stop in the Middle of the Road

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Dead Stop in the Middle of the Road

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm not one to complain but. . . :roll:

Lately it seems there have been an increasing number of people doing a "Dead Stop in the Middle of the Road". Don't know if they don't know what's going on, or where they are, or if they are texting, or looking for something that's just not there, or whatever.

It's a bit of a shocker when the light turns green and then turns red again and they are still sitting there all alone too.

Maybe it's me. I dunno. But FWIW just pay heed that it could happen to you. . .just around the next bend. . .or. . .it could just be a "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road", stinkin to high heaven. :o o_O :lol: :lol: 8)

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Dead Stop in the Middle of the Road

Post by Mel46 »

My wife and I were heading somewhere tonight and ended up in the left turn lane behind a pickup truck that suddenly put on his right turn signal. I wondered what was going on. We saw this lady of Indian nationality get out of the driver's side door of the vehicle in front of the pickup truck. She walked across the 3 lanes of oncoming traffic and into a gas station. Then the light changed to green and we found out the that lady's car had quit. She put on the emergency flashers and walked away. If the people in the gas station were suppose to help her, they would have to get past a concrete divide first. Her car was 3 car lengths back from the light, blocking the turn lane. Her emergency flashers were hard to see with the reflection of the setting sun on her tail light area. I would have put my hood up or something else to let other drivers see that her car was broken down, but instead we watched as other cars stacked up behind her vehicle once again. It is never fun to break down in the middle of the road.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

My wife and I were heading somewhere tonight and ended up in the left turn lane behind a pickup truck that suddenly put on his right turn signal. I wondered what was going on.
That whole scene played out like a movie in my head. The tension and dismay of surrounding traffic must have been readily apparent as she struggled to get to the gas station. It could have been something as simple as being out of gas. . .or a dead battery or jammed shift lever. We will never know but she sure does.

In a low density environment it's not a big deal but in the hustle and bustle of more congested areas it can be like a blood clot in an otherwise healthy person. . .it just totally brings everything to a grinding halt.

Sometimes driving around town reminds me of trying to navigate through a grocery store on a Saturday. You have to deal with the chin scratchers who know not what to select and those using up their minutes on the phone as they give an isle by isle description to their significant other on the shopping experience. GGgggeeeezzzzzz. . . :roll:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

What is it with these people who have to text at stop lights or just stop on a road that they "think" is hardly traveled and be totally oblivious their surroundings. Can't believe how many of these hopeless losers I come across weekly who just have no life and must text in the middle of the road causing a hazard while other vehicles get on cue behind them. Bring back George Carlin. :roll:

FWIW you've got to admit it's true! ;)