valve adjustment

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: valve adjustment

Post by Alibally »

What bearing is it, if you know? The only ones I can see are 18 and 19 on the picture.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406915781.975512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1406915781.975512.jpg (124.05 KiB) Viewed 474 times
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

Alibally wrote:What bearing is it, if you know? The only ones I can see are 18 and 19 on the picture.
Yes they are the ones.
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
foggyhelmet
Regular User
Regular User

Post by foggyhelmet »

Mel46 wrote:The problem is not that we heard some noises that we thought were strange and the dealer didn't . Even Dave could hear the strange noise, and when the dealer said that he listened to a new one and it sounded the same as my wife's I gave up trying to talk to him. I happen to be driving a new one and it is extremely quiet, while the one my wife has sounded like a bucket of bolts bouncing around even when we were just idling. We ended up taking off the belt, variator and clutch, I think. He cleaned everything, greased places that needed it, and swapped things from my bike to hers till we found out where the noise was coming from. Interestingly enough, the noise decreased but did not completely stop when we swapped parts. We did find that with my belt in her bike the noise went down considerably. After tightening the variator main bolt with my belt on her bike, it quieted down considerably. I can't recall if we kept the added spacers he had originally added or not, but in the end mine sounded quiet with her belt that had 8,000 miles on it, and hers sounded quiet with my new belt on it and everything tightened to spec.
Oh, and during all of this we all went for a short ride, trading bikes, and I got the great pleasure of riding his newly updated now 170 cc PCX! What a ride! I loved it. :-)
Forgive my newbishness, but did you say you were able to increase the cc's of the 150 to 170? Maybe I need a new topic, but the 153cc seems to be just one tick too powerless for the PCX to provide the best experience. Am I wrong? How the heck did you do this? Honestly, Honda should just sell them out the door with 170cc. I know the mpg would drop a little, but the muscle counter-balances that with efficiency on hills and wind gusts.

Btw I am just recently starting to get the bolts in a bucket sound. 20k miles now. The mechanic noticed it while it was in for a tire change and now I notice it all the time. I want to take it in and tell them to grease everything in the rear, but I'm afraid they might take me figuratively.

Transforming it into a 170cc would be a godsend.