Does my scooter I confuse you?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Does my scooter I confuse you?

Post by davenowherejones »

Some people get confused by my scooter and run away after they see me. Others are afraid to get close and look.
Attachments
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg (208.94 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Re: Does my scooter I confuse you?

Post by markcap »

davenowherejones wrote:Some people get confused by my scooter and run away after they see me. Others are afraid to get close and look.
First thought for me....you must be some sort of Canadian DOT inspector.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Those little Canadian flags confuse a lot of people. I have some bigger ones on my red Dodge Dakota 4x4 that also confuses people.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Not confusing to me -- I love it, especially all the reflective hi-viz stuff and the Canadian flags (I have one on my car's back window) and the LED display (brake and turn signals?) above the license plate.

One thing, though. No need to blank out the license plate. No one is going to steal your scooter with that rear tire on it. :)

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dat tyre is balder dan me..
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I finally replaced that tire. Michelin City Grips are hard to get in western Canada. They come out of Montreal eventually. My dealer took a long time (a month) to get me one and I ordered another one from Fort Nine mail order so I would have it sitting here for next time (10 days but included two weekends).

The dealer charged me about $120 Canadian to mount and balance the tire. I have ordered some Chinese Ebay tire spoons for next time.

The LED turn signal bar is too small to be really seen any distance. I want to mount some more LED's on the top case.

My Honda Forza 300 has 55,000 km so it really is not worth stealing. It is also really dangerous. It is a 250cc scooter pretending that it is highway capable. It is very dangerous on the highway and That's The Way I Like It
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

This thread is confusing me. What is it that confusing people exactly? It's confusing.. :lol:
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

All it needs is some bells and whistles and it'll scream "authority!" Just sayin' :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

WhiteNoise wrote:All it needs is some bells and whistles and it'll scream "authority!" Just sayin' :D
Olympia put 3 reflective chevrons on the shoulder of my jacket. I have no authority to do anything but I will tell people to stop being stupid.

There was a truck going down the highway with a huge load of oil drilling pipe on board. The tie down straps were whipping around in the wind. People were honking their horns at the driver.

I pulled along side and motioned for him to pull over. He did and I walked back to talk to the 5 foot nothing driver. The less than 100 pounds Asian driver could not fasten his straps very tightly. I left in a hurry so that I would be nowhere near this awaiting disaster.

Another time I ended up talking to a foreign driver telling him that he was require by law to pull his rental motorhome off the mountain highway if he had 30 cars stuck behind him. Ignorant sob would not listen.

Sometimes I wish I had authority to deal with the dumb things I see. But most of the time I am glad it is not my problem.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I finally replaced that tire. Michelin City Grips are hard to get in western Canada. They come out of Montreal eventually. My dealer took a long time (a month) to get me one and I ordered another one from Fort Nine mail order so I would have it sitting here for next time (10 days but included two weekends).

The dealer charged me about $120 Canadian to mount and balance the tire. I have ordered some Chinese Ebay tire spoons for next time.

The LED turn signal bar is too small to be really seen any distance. I want to mount some more LED's on the top case.

My Honda Forza 300 has 55,000 km so it really is not worth stealing. It is also really dangerous. It is a 250cc scooter pretending that it is highway capable. It is very dangerous on the highway and That's The Way I Like It

Get some rim protectors too?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have seen so many things I wanted to stop drivers about that it would fill a ticket book if I were giving out tickets. Too bad they don't have vigilante tickets that require the individual to go to Court!
Here is a good example: we were driving along today when we came up on a fairly new Mercedes that was doing 20 mph. It was a 55 mph zone. She would stop 5 car lengths back from the line at a stop light. The car kept crossing the lines on both sides, even at that slow speed. The first thing we thought of was that the driver must be texting while driving...but she wasn't, as we found out once we pulled beside her. It was an older lady from India who could not have been over 4 ft. 5 inches tall. The seat back was touching the roof lining, but her eyes were only level with the Speedometer! She could see the lights, and vehicles beside her, but there was absolutely NO way that she could see the car in front of Her! Then she missed her turn, so she did a U-turn in the middle of a busy intersection to get back to where she had meant to turn. She cut off at least 3 cars, but there was no way that she could see them because she could not see out her front window.
This is the type of person I would like to be able to pull over. A vigilante ticket and a picture of her behind the wheel should be enough to yank her license.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Interesting.
Have you ever had the valves checked?
And agree, not a scooter to cruise 70mph highways.
Fish
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

What makes you think she had a license, Mel?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

fish wrote:Interesting.
Fish
I should do that some day. It works fine. Who says the iffy mechanic is going to make it any better?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:I have seen so many things I wanted to stop drivers about that it would fill a ticket book if I were giving out tickets. Too bad they don't have vigilante tickets that require the individual to go to Court!
Here is a good example: we were driving along today when we came up on a fairly new Mercedes that was doing 20 mph. It was a 55 mph zone. She would stop 5 car lengths back from the line at a stop light. The car kept crossing the lines on both sides, even at that slow speed. The first thing we thought of was that the driver must be texting while driving...but she wasn't, as we found out once we pulled beside her. It was an older lady from India who could not have been over 4 ft. 5 inches tall. The seat back was touching the roof lining, but her eyes were only level with the Speedometer! She could see the lights, and vehicles beside her, but there was absolutely NO way that she could see the car in front of Her! Then she missed her turn, so she did a U-turn in the middle of a busy intersection to get back to where she had meant to turn. She cut off at least 3 cars, but there was no way that she could see them because she could not see out her front window.
This is the type of person I would like to be able to pull over. A vigilante ticket and a picture of her behind the wheel should be enough to yank her license.
Mel, get the license and phone it in.
Police will have a chat at the household.
When they get more than one report, they'll take other steps.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

davenowherejones wrote:
Fish
I should do that some day. It works fine. Who says the iffy mechanic is going to make it any better?
I love how people avoid doing a valve check on difficult to service scooters. Probably same with motorcycles.
That kind of stuff taught me to look at servicing when considering a purchase.
The valves are right behind a simple to remove front cover on my Kymco and the new Piaggio.
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

fish wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:
Fish
I love how people avoid doing a valve check on difficult to service scooters. Probably same with motorcycles.
That kind of stuff taught me to look at servicing when considering a purchase.
The valves are right behind a simple to remove front cover on my Kymco and the new Piaggio.
Fish
Personally I think this whole valve check is a waste of time and money. Once upon a time when the engines were crap it made sense. Modern Hondas are so much better.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I wager that darn near every PCX and Forza owner here ---- and every Burgman 400 owner --- hope that you are correct. Because they too have come up with reasons why it's OK to ignore the owner's manuals that came with their new scooters.*

Grenading engines would spoil a scoot's reputation. Suzuki & Honda know that.
Don't see that that proves anything about ignoring the recommended maintenance schedule.

Fish
*...if the valves were easy to do....what then...?
**... maybe a good thing to consider if thinking of buying a second-hand PCX or Forza. Pretty fair bet the valves have never been looked at.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:I wager that darn near every PCX and Forza owner here ---- and every Burgman 400 owner --- hope that you are correct. Because they too have come up with reasons why it's OK to ignore the owner's manuals that came with their new scooters.*

Grenading engines would spoil a scoot's reputation. Suzuki & Honda know that.
Don't see that that proves anything about ignoring the recommended maintenance schedule.

Fish
*...if the valves were easy to do....what then...?
**... maybe a good thing to consider if thinking of buying a second-hand PCX or Forza. Pretty fair bet the valves have never been looked at.

And if it's running well does it matter?

No.