Lowering my forza

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rmengel
Year: 2015
Color: Red Forza

Lowering my forza

Post by Rmengel »

I need this thing to be a little lower, anybody knows where I can get the shock brackets that you don't have to pay big money for shipping ? Anybody make shorter shocks ? Where can I buy this stuff state side ? I'm in Mich. Anybody have shock extenders that I could try because I need an inch in the seat Thanks Rick
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Lowering my forza

Post by homie »

Rmengel wrote: I need an inch in the seat Thanks Rick
RicK if that's all you need, here's 2" why drop the bike when you only need an inch. 160.00 and your all set plus you can go for a run and its like floating on air with any plush cushion running shoe they sell. Love these shoes!

http://www.hokaoneone.com/men/
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Im going to go with your trying to help but I need to lower the forza not raise my a$$. Any info on lowering would be very helpful, Thanks Rick
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

This would probably do what you want. Looks a bit pricey to me and I have no experience with it. I know someone here has used these, hopefully he'll see the post and offer some first hand knowledge.

https://bikerzbits.com/forza-lowering-bracket.html
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Saw these and would pay the price in aminute if I knew the amount that they would lower the bike, also I think it was about $40 shipping if I read it right, so at that I would HAVE to know what they would do. Thanks Rick
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Sorry to be late to the game on this topic, but here's what I know about the Bikerzbits lowering brackets. I added them to my Forza last year and immediately noticed two separate things. First, they do lower the seating position somewhat, maybe one or two inches, enough to notice the difference. I should have measured the seat before and after, but I didn't bother, so this measurement is seat-of-the-pants only.

Second, and I didn't see this one coming, they provide a quite noticeable improvement in the ride quality by reducing the jolt you get from the little bumps and holes in the street. I'm not sure why this would be so, but it must have something to do with the increased effective wheelbase, if that makes any sense.

Also they're easy to install and look nice, like they came from the factory.

Full disclosure, I do have the YSS reservoir shocks, but I got them months before I installed the lowering brackets. In any event, the YSS shocks are the same length as the OEM shocks, so they don't change the ride height.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

montliz44 wrote:Sorry to be late to the game on this topic, but here's what I know about the Bikerzbits lowering brackets. I added them to my Forza last year and immediately noticed two separate things. First, they do lower the seating position somewhat, maybe one or two inches, enough to notice the difference. I should have measured the seat before and after, but I didn't bother, so this measurement is seat-of-the-pants only.

Second, and I didn't see this one coming, they provide a quite noticeable improvement in the ride quality by reducing the jolt you get from the little bumps and holes in the street. I'm not sure why this would be so, but it must have something to do with the increased effective wheelbase, if that makes any sense.

Also they're easy to install and look nice, like they came from the factory.

Full disclosure, I do have the YSS reservoir shocks, but I got them months before I installed the lowering brackets. In any event, the YSS shocks are the same length as the OEM shocks, so they don't change the ride height.

Johnny

How will lowering blocks have changed the wheelbase?
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Lowering blocks won't change the wheelbase, they just move the lower shock mount farther to the rear giving the shock more of an angle
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by montliz44 »

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. They don't change the wheel base, they just make it feel like a longer bike somehow. The old seat-o'-the pants engineering strikes again.

Still not making sense? Dangit!!

Johnny
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

moutliz44 do you think you could take one of those off and mike it from every angle ? I'm going to make a pair if I find some numbers. I need the width back where the shock goes on, does it have rubber washers on the sides ? Bolt hole to bolt hole ? How big is the upper and lower lip that over and under the shock hole ? Pictures as in close-ups would help also, Thanks Rick in Mi
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by montliz44 »

Rick, no can do, sorry.

But I can't imagine how it would be worth your while to make these when you can just buy them ready-to-go. These are really nice, beautiful parts and they come equipped with everything you need.

Johnny
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Johnny the reason I would make them is because I can , plus I love making stuff and the shipping . Thanks Rick
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

$140 to improve your fit and improve the ride on a $5500 scooter is a bargain.
Machining the proper grade billet, and finding and installing the proper bushing is probably fun for a machinist......
Fish
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

OK just ordered a set, they will be here in a few days and I was wrong on the shipping.
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Well they came today, I ordered silver and holdup was that they only had black so I said sent them. Now my question is where does the washer go ? The directions arn't in English Help from some one who has used these ?
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by montliz44 »

Rick,

That fat washer goes on the outside (the visible side) of the lower front bolt, not the bolt through the shock. the nuts go on the inside.

Johnny
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Thanks Johnny
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Installed and the seat is 1 inch lower now this winter I will reshape the seat and Ill be flatfooted. And the ride does seem to be better. Glad I bought them.
meldrew
Year: 2020
Color: GreyTWO

Post by meldrew »

Surely lowering the bike will 1. make it more of a lift to get it on centre stand? 2. make the bike sit more upright on its side stand?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

pull my leg, make it longer. I had a surgeon (?) mess up my leg last summer. It hurts!

I am 5 foot six, it is my mother's fault. She should have stayed out of the backseat of that old Dodge