Hazard light's indicators pcx

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rooneydavid79
Year: 2015
Color: Brown

Hazard light's indicators pcx

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

8) Hi everyone hope someone can help my pcx indicators hazard light's and main beam seem to be playing up and it's intermittent any help will be much appreciated I'm from Southport Merseyside and my pcx is 2015 model
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hazard light's indicators pcx

Post by you you »

Is it still under warranty?
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Hi m8 no sadly it's ran out of warranty
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Had my bike for nearly 12 month's now have had this problem b4 took it the garage he said he sorted the wires out beneath the screen was good for a while but same problem came back took it back the garage was good for another month problem came back again don't want to go back the same garage think he's messing me about. And I've seen lots of bad reviews on-line Fastline in Preston great Scooter by the way
Last edited by Rooneydavid79 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Rooneydavid79 wrote:Had my bike for nearly 12 month's now have had this problem b4 took it the garage he said he sorted the wires out beneath the screen was good for a while but same problem came back took it back the garage was good for another month problem came back again don't want to go back the same garage think he's messing me about

What exactly is the playing up/problem?
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Sometimes no power to the indicators same with hazard light's and sometimes when you put the Maine beam on the they sometimes are ok for a bit was putting my hazards on b4 and the light's went sending me around the bend lol appart from this it's a great little Scooter
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm struggling to help as I don't have hazards on mine. Someone will be along soon.

If it was me I'd start by cleaning the hazard light switch, especially if it's on the same handlebar mounting as the headlights.

I'd start by spraying a contact cleaner into the switch without disassembling. If that doesn't work it take it apart and clean it.

Have you done a visual search for any obvious chaffed or broken wires?

Anyone else??
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I don't have hazard lights on mine but do the main headlights and hazard lights share the same fuse? If so you might try changing the fuse, in case there is some problem with the fuse or connection. Otherwise, you could check the connectors for each, especially the ones under the front tire area. They shouldn't be loose because of the type of connectors they are, but they may have some dirt or grit in them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Thanks for the advice guy's I've checked the fuses there good now my indicators are not working I've booked it in the Honda dealers for a service and asked them to sort it but I'm not booked in till the 15 august I'll let you know what's update
Rooneydavid79

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Rooneydavid79 wrote:Thanks for the advice guy's I've checked the fuses there good now my indicators are not working I've booked it in the Honda dealers for a service and asked them to sort it but I'm not booked in till the 15 august I'll let you know what's update
Honda sorted it for me was loose connection on a couple of wires back of screen thanks for all replys