2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance information)

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: 2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance informatio

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:@homie, need to know what belt size for the PCX150 if possible.
Here ya go Chief, you might consider the combo belt/air filter in this link and save some money in the long run.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-Drive-Hond ... Aw&vxp=mtr

Honda NEW PCX150 Genuine DRIVE BELT part# 23100-K36-J01
NEW indicates cogs on the outside of the belt giving it more flexibility and better performance for CVT's. There are old belts (smooth surface) avoid these at this point and you may have one currently... replace with cogged :D

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1&_sacat=0
Attachments
2015belt.jpg
2015belt.jpg (85.59 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black Metallic

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

I went ahead and ordered the Variator kit @homie. Now come put it on for the old disabled fartzz. lol j/k I will check the belt when I take the cover off. I see the trick about removing the cvt cover with out removing the side rocker panel. It may be a little easier to do than a regular GY6-150 to me because I do not have to line up the support boss or kick start shaft lol.

Heedehceehun
Chuck D
Ride on.....
2015 Honda PCX 150 (K-18)
Metallic Black
Leo Vince GP Corsa Exhaust
NCY Variator Kit and Drive Face with 18g rollers
Givi Windscreen D1136T
2 Wheels Down Head on a Swivel
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:I went ahead and ordered the Variator kit @homie. Now come put it on for the old disabled fartzz. lol j/k.
You don't need my help Chief, I would just get in your way. It will be easy for you, nothing to line up. It might be a little tight holding the vario face to get the 44 ft lbs without a clutch tool (no holes to put one with the NCY) but I have a feeling you will show us something new in the way of doing it. Even if you have to remove the lower cowl you will get a taste pretty fast as to how this scoot is put together... but its VERY nice not to have to remove plastics at your stage in the scheduled services.
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:
Heedehcheenuh wrote:I went ahead and ordered the Variator kit @homie. Now come put it on for the old disabled fartzz. lol j/k.
You don't need my help Chief, I would just get in your way. It will be easy for you, nothing to line up. It might be a little tight holding the vario face to get the 44 ft lbs without a clutch tool (no holes to put one with the NCY) but I have a feeling you will show us something new in the way of doing it. Even if you have to remove the lower cowl you will get a taste pretty fast as to how this scoot is put together... but its VERY nice not to have to remove plastics at your stage in the scheduled services.
I am looking for diamond plate covers for the running board/floorboard. Who has them available? Trying to plan on making this thing last me a life time and that will be short on my end lol.
The variator nut I will hit it 3 times with the impact gun on low pressure setting. As in 1 hit (tap-tap-tap) then 2nd hit same (tap-tap-tap) then 3rd same routine. In between hits rotate the pulley/crank to make sure the belt is not in a bind/pinched. Most of my times doing this it is tight enough on the second hit and the 3rd shows not movement at all on the nut. It is just me and years of doing the mechanic work I have a natural feel for doing this type of work.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:
homie wrote:
I am looking for diamond plate covers for the running board/floorboard. Who has them available? Trying to plan on making this thing last me a life time and that will be short on my end lol.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Member JGE64 has diamond plate covers on his running boards, they def suit his beautiful scoot. Maybe he'll come along and point you in a direction ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Parts are packaged and ready for pick up. No word on USPS yet. Come on parts.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Parts are here time to change them and do some riding. Have not rode since last week. Went on a mini vacation this past weekend and been recovering from all the walking. Myrtle Beach S.C. is to busy for me this time of year..smh.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Chief, you should go for a ride before NCY since you haven't ridden lately and then directly after :) You don't have a tachometer but you should pickup on the performance differences right off. Don't expect to be riding any wheelie, it's not like you dropped a big bore kit but if you do the before and after you will blast off and top out on your favorite bench run nicely. Please don't ratchet the final drive with that big power tool you insist on using. The book says never do it :lol:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:Chief, you should go for a ride before NCY since you haven't ridden lately and then directly after :) You don't have a tachometer but you should pickup on the performance differences right off. Don't expect to be riding any wheelie, it's not like you dropped a big bore kit but if you do the before and after you will blast off and top out on your favorite bench run nicely. Please don't ratchet the final drive with that big power tool you insist on using. The book says never do it :lol:
Not messing with the final drive just the crank/variator. I bought all the parts you listed and will install them. Like I stated I am not after a 65-70mph all day run. I am looking at 55-60mph with a little give when needed. My old crippled butt better not even think about trying a wheelie lol I do not heal like I did 30+ years ago lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

That did the trick for now @homie. She will run up to 65+ like I need, on the stock cog belt that is on her, I will order a new belt for later. I wonder if 14/15/16g rollers would help? She is a little buzzy now but the speed is just what I needed. She would top out at 62mph stock and the rev limiter would kick in. I have to go button her back up now..still got the side rocker off and 3 bolts holding the cvt cover on. I weighed the stock rollers and they , being worn, all came close to 16g. The NCY Variator and face both seem a few mm larger and I like the notch around the pin/shaft that lets both plates to close all the way together.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I would have to go back in time when members were experimenting with all different weight rollers in the NCY kit. It was finally agreed by all working on this that the 13g was the best all around roller weight for a balance of acceleration & top end with that kit. Now that you are all checked out on vario it's easy enough to get a higher weight roller in there and see what you think. 12g I have installed myself and that won't make you any happier than it did me. I never put the 14g personally but I believe if you search the archives the report is there somewhere.

By buzzy you mean peppy 8) You be getting out front now :lol:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:I would have to go back in time when members were experimenting with all different weight rollers in the NCY kit. It was finally agreed by all working on this that the 13g was the best all around roller weight for a balance of acceleration & top end with that kit. Now that you are all checked out on vario it's easy enough to get a higher weight roller in there and see what you think. 12g I have installed myself and that won't make you any happier than it did me. I never put the 14g personally but I believe if you search the archives the report is there somewhere.

By buzzy you mean peppy 8) You be getting out front now :lol:
Thanks @homie. I did screw up though. I did not have enough air pressure on my gun when I put the nut on....she came off on a 8 mile trial run lol. Nothing wrong with the setup but had to call my son to come pick me up and I have just finished checking everything and even put the blue-locktite on her just in case. I made sure the compressor was full this time lol. She would run up to 80mph on the center stand but I will not push my luck at 70mph on these old South Carolina ..pot holes lol.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My bike has not been ridden much now but when I was riding I put the 13 gram rollers in and the difference between them and other weights is enough that I stayed with them. Keeping in mind that the weights will not help top end, but do help you get up to cruising speed faster, I think the 13 gram ones are about as optimal as you can get. The NCY variator and drive face combo are what help your top end. I did not swap out mine so that I could run at 75 mph. I just wanted to keep my speed up on hills. It does that nicely.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote: @homie. I did screw up though. I did not have enough air pressure on my gun when I put the nut on....she came off on a 8 mile trial run lol. Nothing wrong with the setup but had to call my son to come pick me up and I have just finished checking everything and even put the blue-locktite on her just in case. I made sure the compressor was full this time lol. She would run up to 80mph on the center stand but I will not push my luck at 70mph on these old South Carolina ..pot holes lol.
WTF! You new guys are going to make the old mechanics in here crazy! Get a torque wrench before you blow up. This is why I don't show brake work in here or on my YT channel.

Chief you're NUT'S!

The speed on the stand o_O are all you people nuts?
Attachments
chief.jpg
chief.jpg (5.74 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:
Heedehcheenuh wrote: @homie. I did screw up though. I did not have enough air pressure on my gun when I put the nut on....she came off on a 8 mile trial run lol. Nothing wrong with the setup but had to call my son to come pick me up and I have just finished checking everything and even put the blue-locktite on her just in case. I made sure the compressor was full this time lol. She would run up to 80mph on the center stand but I will not push my luck at 70mph on these old South Carolina ..pot holes lol.
WTF! You new guys are going to make the old mechanics in here crazy! Get a torque wrench before you blow up. This is why I don't show brake work in here or on my YT channel.

Chief you're NUT'S!

The speed on the stand o_O are all you people nuts?
:lol: o_O :? :( heck I no better when the gun did not feel right. I am going to make me a plate to hold the face with next time (so it can hold a few ribs on the cooling fan). I worked in the shop at an old plant for years then they shut down so I will have to find a place that I can make it at. I figure I may use an old variator from a GY6 enlarge the hole (so the socket will fit through) and bolt a handle to it. Never know what an old school mechanic can fabricate and come up with lol

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Make two please, I want one of these tools. I chipped the fin on that face last time I tried something to hold it. It's softer than you think. Love the kit but they went cheap at the machine shop not providing a way to hold it for touque.
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White

Post by Brent »

I broke a fin on my drive face as well that last time I put it back on. What would be the possible danger of using the stock Honda drive face as a template to drill two holes into the NYC drive face? Would that be crazy?!?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Brent wrote:I broke a fin on my drive face as well that last time I put it back on. What would be the possible danger of using the stock Honda drive face as a template to drill two holes into the NYC drive face? Would that be crazy?!?
There is not enough thickness to drill holes between the fins. You would go through the face wouldn't you? We need a plate with multiple pins put through it or a claw like device with the tips of the claw being many and able to slip between the fins and not hinder access to the nut. Either of these inventions would need a right angle handle long enough to contact the ground when inserted into the fins. I see this tool in my mind and will look for an existing device from some other intended use.

I chipped my NCY face fin by wedging a long socket to a fin and one bolt that is used for the cover in that near by threaded hole. Got away with that a couple times but the third time was a fail. Never do it :lol: One fin is not enough to survive the 44 ft pound torque. I was about to post the trick but glad I didn't :roll:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

I will go out to the scooter today and make a template that would work on all drives faces with fins. The faces with out fins I have nothing for yet. It will be a small plate to bolt into 2 holes for the cvt cover (2 holes would be sturdier than 1 hole) and the plate will go over the cvt plate and have adjustable tabs (2 tabs) to go between fins. One tab will adjust up and down while the other will adjust side to side. I just have to figure out what metal to make the prototype out of (thickness to handle the torque load up to 75ft pounds) yes I know ours do not torque that high but better safe than sorry.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I'm counting on Chief to design this special NCY variator face tool... come on Chief you can do it.