Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by WhiteNoise »

megalodon, Thank You!! Lovely photos and so many! Cheers, Mr. Happy Face :P
When bikes are loaded onto the ferry/ship/carrier, is there a designated area inside for them? If so, do they have "hideaway" floor/deck anchors to secure the bikes with straps in upright positions? Sounds like an easy solution to me. Otherwise can you babysit? I never took my bike(s) on our ferries.
:roll: Hmm...interesting
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

My cousin had a '67 Chevelle with the 275 HP 327 Cubic Inch motor. . .stick shift. I got to drive it a couple of times. I think they also made the 327 CI with a 325 HP version. Those were the days. . .. 8)

I had to check and edited my original HP ratings. There was a 327 CI engine for Corvettes that did rate 350 HP. :?
Last edited by PCX150Rider on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Hot damn! I wanna Go Back!! :(
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Where was that pic taken on Long Island. Is that Billy Joel's house across the water? My first real ride was a Red 1968 Dodge Charger. Wished I had that bad boy back.. Dukes of hazard went through(crashed) most of all those chargers and not many left .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

ERider, Billy Joel Not here.
I was standing facing Great River. I love that area, itsa peaceful and well kept community. (Uh, pay no attention to the debris seen on the pavement :lol: there was a large garbage basket placed in the lot, it was piled high - overflowing. I guess the towns garbarge collectors dislike maneuvering about in the lot. Lots of boat trailers making it harder to get in/out? So folks fish, picnic fly kites while dealing with bees o_O as I did with my Hi-Viz jacket on!!

One of Billy Joel's L.I. flats (haha, flat?) rather kingdoms, is on Center Island, in Oyster Bay, NY.
Bought when he married his 2nd wife, model Christie Brinkley. In those days, I drove by his road everyday on my way to work. That road always tempted me. So yeah, one day I got a 1/4 of the way in then got nervous and turned around. Hey, I was young then and looking for his dobermans :lol:
Good 'ol Billy, our Piano Man
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dodge Chargers Rocked our roads too 8) Nice!!
Friend Vinny had one. We all did a lot of racing, some of it legit out in the Hamptons. Remember the track? I went out there with my sister's boyfriend in his souped up Plymouth GTX. He had a Ford Cyclone before that and later on a Black Corvette. Oh my God there were sooo many Cool Cars...what about that 57 Chevy Bel Air? I drove an Aqua convertible with aqua and white interior! Gosh those steering wheels were huge! No power assist, no power steering.
Muscle baby! All Muscle! 8) 8)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

I know Bill Joel lived out there somewhere.. Short story about Long island. I remember me and my buddy back in the day worked all night putting in a transmission in his 1962 Pontiac Bonneville. A huge boat of a car. Finished about 5AM and decided to road test it. We took Southern State Pkwy and kept driving towards Montauk. Way out on the Island we decided to see what this Pontiac could do. We put the pedal to the floor and when the needle pinned at 125 (that was the max in those days) we kept climbing until the front end started lifting and getting light. As I recall we were passing cars whish like they were standing still. When we finally got home I reflected and thought for a moment. Those cars that we were whishing by were doing 65 MPH.. I know we at least hit 130.. should have been dead.. Those youthful crazy days..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I see Long Island from my side of the Sound every day. The last time I was there some years ago I visited Sag Harbor. Can't remember the last time I was out through "Plum Gut". But I can see the tower on Plum Island from here. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

EasyR haha, the Bonne was a boat! I'm wondering too how you 2 managed to stay alive burning the Parkway at That Speed! Damn! Front end up! Did she rattle? Didja scrape the tailpipe? :lol:

When I worked for Pontiac I talked my Dad into buying a 1986 floor model. This one was said to be the revival of the Bonneville and newly named the Parisienne. Still a Boat in size but flashy. Kinda like a luxurious version of the Grand Prix (my sis had at one time).
This Parisienne had pizazz like rear wheel skirts and faux cranberry colored velour interior and Power everything. Bit of info: Snoop Dog owns one (it's sometimes referred to as the "Laker's Car") 8)

But it was the huge motor in this all White beauty that I was pushing on my Dad :D I worked hard at the numbers with my boss, then I brought it to our dinner table. Dad liked what he heard and bought it the very next day! I'm telling ya, that thing was a Flaming Rocket! Both my Mom and Dad love loved that car!! I was told that the engine in it was very desirable, that it could withstand the test of times. It was even called a special name...but I forgot it. Mechanics know one when they see one!!

I sold it years later for $500.00 after my Dad passed (I miss ya pop)...the new owner was overly excited and couldn't thank me enough. He Knew the Engine and beamed.
Me? I teared up as he flat bedded it away.
End of another "White's" Story
Here's a pic off the web, looking just like her:

EDITED: I got it! I remembered! The engine was known as the "Iron Duke!"
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (127.27 KiB) Viewed 658 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider, I love Sag Harbor! Stayed there as a child on vacation for weeks with relatives. I would move there, no problem. Oh wait....there is one. Money! :|
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:geek: Where's Today's Quick Pic folks? :geek:
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Here's one in a nice older neighbourhood nearby. Not terribly special but it's a great place to ride on such a perfect day. 25C/75F.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (278.73 KiB) Viewed 658 times
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

Oh and quite the schnitzel place :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (177.19 KiB) Viewed 658 times
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1975 Honda CB125
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Good choice on the clock. . .has it been working out well? What brand? Another poster has been looking for one to put on his PCX. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

So now the older bikes have the best seats and go faster... I'm getting jealous now.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

ERider haha, the Bonne was a boat! I'm wondering too how you 2 managed to stay alive burning the Parkway at That Speed! Damn! Front end up! Did she rattle? Didja scrape the tailpipe?

All I can remember was that she was lifting up in the front about 6 -8 inches and very light in the steering. I don't believe the rubber ever left pavement and the tail pipe wasn't hitting.No rattles just a lot of wind noise. The road was straight as an arrow and it was about 6:00AM Sunday morning. No one but fisherman heading out to Montauk or points east.It was either the Southern state or Montauk highway , but I think it was the Southern State. It had a 389 cu inch four bbl carb.
Re : Sag harbor is probably one of the top 5 most beautiful towns on Long island. Certainly one my favorites.Love the Italian delis with the wooden floors and all the quaint shops and eateries.Beautiful picturesque town.Scooter on up there and get some photos if its not too far from you.
megalodon
Regular User
Regular User
Color: pearl blue

Post by megalodon »

WhiteNoise wrote:megalodon, Thank You!! Lovely photos and so many! Cheers, Mr. Happy Face :P
When bikes are loaded onto the ferry/ship/carrier, is there a designated area inside for them? If so, do they have "hideaway" floor/deck anchors to secure the bikes with straps in upright positions? Sounds like an easy solution to me. Otherwise can you babysit? I never took my bike(s) on our ferries.
:roll: Hmm...interesting

yes floor anchors they have but u need to park on iy or so close on it, because cars or trucks or other kind vehicles is parking without any space between on ships..(u know company profits). your welcome about pics. yes many and hope i can take many more too. wish me good luck 8)
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

Pcx150: eBay for the clock. No brand name but it has been accurate and cost around $18USD shipped. I will try to find the seller. It was last year. Fair warning, I had to take the handlebar off to mount it in the middle like that. Well, took it loose is all.
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:

Previously owned:
1975 Honda CB125
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:So now the older bikes have the best seats and go faster... I'm getting jealous now.

:D :D :lol:
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

Pcx150: eBay info on the clock... Btw it was $13USD delivered to Canada

http://www.ebay.com/usr/hashtaging
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:

Previously owned:
1975 Honda CB125
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r