The Wave ...Obsolete ??

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: The Wave ...Obsolete ??

Post by easyrider »

Makes no sense.. you lose job, government pays you unemployment, family welfare ...the drunk driver gets to vacation at home and drink more..then buys a nice bike on your money..
License suspension ??? that's where NIKE comes in to this "just do it "" LOL
Some of the smarter judges do allow to and from work allowances when under DUI suspension..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've never had my license revoked. . .just like the 49cc way of life sometimes. Since my "MOPED" (49cc scooter) will do slightly better than 40 MPH I can keep up with traffic unless it's super windy or a significant hill.

Originally I was going to get a new TOMOS (were going for around $1200 at the time) but they stopped importing them to the U.S. and the company was going through some changes. From what I understand they are now selling them again here for 2017 with a redesigned A55 engine. So in the mean time I got the Genuine Roughhouse instead. No regrets with the Roughhouse.

I've ridden it across several neighboring shoreline towns more than once and actually commuted with it for a year to a job 10 miles away. It's a different experience. You have to anticipate hills and wait longer at intersections to get the opportunity to pull out so you have enough "take off" time to get up to speed and flow of traffic. I could do some mods that would make the thing faster but it sort of goes against the whole point IMHO. The PCX is a more practical ride, scooter wise, but the MOPED is like a voice in the wilderness saying "less is more". Some people get it and to some it's a fly in the ointment. :lol: :roll: 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Actually, in my state, a person who has had their driver's license revoked is not supposed to be riding even a 50 cc moped. You will go back to the slammer if you get bagged.

I don't think it is fair - how are you supposed to hold a job if you can't get to one? There is precious little decent public transportation in the USA.
In MA you do have a license requirement to ride a MOPED on the streets.

In some states you don't, nor do you need a motorcycle license either. It depends where you live.

I wish I didn't make the statement about the "alcoholic" thing but they do have a reputation of being called "liquor cycles" in some areas.

Here's a link to the MOPED laws in the states. http://www.dmv.org/other-types.php :geek:
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

I'm sorry but I think the wave is annoying....everyone does it around here especially Harley riders. The sport bike gang would be the last to wave but 50% still do. Frankly I hate removing my hand from the bars. Flat out unsafe at times....
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

PCX150Rider wrote:
I wish I didn't make the statement about the "alcoholic" thing but they do have a reputation of being called "liquor cycles" in some areas.
I've heard that too. I think it was a UK thing originally?
-Jeremy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Smaug wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:
I've heard that too. I think it was a UK thing originally?

No.

But it is if you say it is. Obviously.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

A lot of Harley riders returned waves today. . .and if they didn't the chicks riding with them did! :lol: ;) 8)
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by eggman »

wen i was growing up harleys was the bike a bad boys now its a yuppie bike
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

wen i was growing up harleys was the bike a bad boys now its a yuppie bike
The Harleys are expensive and you have to be making good money to afford one. In that sense they are a "Yuppie" bike. . .kind of an image thing. . .riding the Legend and all. But Harley has always been an international type company. Licensing other manufacturers to make Harleys in other countries. Business is business. I remember when they went from "The Motor Company" to AMF. When that happened they used to call them "Hardly Ablesons". :geek:

Somehow I'd still like to own one. . .a Sportster perhaps. . .before I go on to the big road in the sky. :lol:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

eggman wrote:wen i was growing up harleys was the bike a bad boys now its a yuppie bike
Or DINK bike (double income no kids) a.k.a. empty-nesters.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WI_Hedgehog