Which Givi topbox?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Which Givi topbox?

Post by RideLondon »

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Givi topbox (40 Litres), but there are dozens on the website and I have no idea which is best for my PCX:

https://www.givi.co.uk/products/cases

I think 40L is sufficient to fit one full-face helmet (AGV K3)?

Thanks.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Which Givi topbox?

Post by BobS »

In Thailand, I installed a 45 litre box, which is large enough for two helmets. http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... and#p85116

It was a Givi 450N, similar to this one - E450 SIMPLY II
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

I'd get a Shad topbox. The ones I've had have been better quality than the Givi ones.
RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by RideLondon »

Thanks both. Paul, which Shad do you recommend?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

There's also Kappa to consider. A fine topbox as well.

Two sites for your viewing pleasure :) While there, checkout sales pricing and closeouts
http://tourandride.com
http://www.shadonline.com
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Bumping this, I'm thinking of the smallest SHAD topcase for my PCX that will fit a full face helmet. Their website says their smallest will do the job.

I wouldn't want one that sticks out sideways past the width of the bike though. It's a narrow bike and would look silly. What size do you recommend?

Also, their site seems to suggest that the specific fitment kit is optional, but that there would be no quick release option if it weren't used. Is this the case?
-Jeremy
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

Mine is a 30L. I did consider the smallest size of 26L. The 30L does look tiny some times, maybe should have gone just a litre bigger? Anyways I think a 26L may be too small for PCX. Probably meant for the smallest bikes.
Attachments
Givi E30TN
Givi E30TN
DSC_0234s.jpg (129.85 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
ImageImageImage
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I have the smallest 26L, one Ff helmet will still fit..

http://imgur.com/a/wI4xW

A little bigger would look nice though
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
cbolling
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by cbolling »

I had a Givi E30 on a previous motorcycle. It gives you room for a helmet and gloves but not much else. I would not go any smaller.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Smaug wrote:Bumping this, I'm thinking of the smallest SHAD topcase for my PCX that will fit a full face helmet. Their website says their smallest will do the job.

I wouldn't want one that sticks out sideways past the width of the bike though. It's a narrow bike and would look silly. What size do you recommend?

Also, their site seems to suggest that the specific fitment kit is optional, but that there would be no quick release option if it weren't used. Is this the case?
The Shad site has the measurements for each box.

I'm not sure what you mean about the quick release not working. All boxes need a plate to fit to. The plate is fixed to the bike. The boxes are always quick release.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Smaug wrote:Bumping this, I'm thinking of the smallest SHAD topcase for my PCX that will fit a full face helmet. Their website says their smallest will do the job.

I thought the Shad SH33 was the best looking box for both style and proportions for the PCX. However, I realized I was going to want more storage capacity. And if I was going to the trouble of mounting a box anyway, then I might as well get the one that was more useful. I ended up with the Shad SH39, and am extremely happy that I did. It holds my Bell FF helmet, jacket, pants, and gloves, and has good style and proportions for the PCX. It's roughly the same width as the scoot, so it doesn't look silly at all (to me).
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

RideLondon wrote:Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Givi topbox (40 Litres), but there are dozens on the website and I have no idea which is best for my PCX:

Thanks.

A bit late, and just for reference -

Givi can supply an add-on a 'high level' brake light for some of their boxes. This should be a good safety feature. Unfortunately it relies on sprung contacts, so the box can be taken on and off easily, these tend to wear down very quickly. Mine became intermittent and then stopped working after a couple of months.
Dealer 'fix' was a blob of solder on the contacts, this also didn't work for long. Someday will try a hard wired cable with a proper plug and socket.
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

BarryPCX wrote:
RideLondon wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.

A bit late, and just for reference -

Givi can supply an add-on a 'high level' brake light for some of their boxes. This should be a good safety feature. Unfortunately it relies on sprung contacts, so the box can be taken on and off easily, these tend to wear down very quickly. Mine became intermittent and then stopped working after a couple of months.
Dealer 'fix' was a blob of solder on the contacts, this also didn't work for long. Someday will try a hard wired cable with a proper plug and socket.
Prop the spring clips up with a small piece of rubber gasket.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red