What years did the PCX have the "seat hump"?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

What years did the PCX have the "seat hump"?

Post by pattomike »

I have a 2017 PCX 150. Does my PCX have a seat hump? I keep reading about the seat hump, and people complaining about it. But these threads I am reading are old, and my seat does not look like the seats they are saying have a hump. But nonetheless, maybe the 2017 PCX also has a hump, but it's just a different designed hump. I know the seat is awful on the 2017. But I don't know what to do. The web sites that sell custom seats do not say what year PCX the custom seats fit!!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: What years did the PCX have the "seat hump"?

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:I have a 2017 PCX 150. Does my PCX have a seat hump?
No it does not, the last of the humpers was 2013. No seats that fit 2013 PCX will fit any bikes after, the base has changed as well as the hump removed. There are two generations of PCX when considering aftermarket parts and a grey area for anyone with a 2014 (the transition year, some bikes got weird) The most distinctive difference in appearance is the visible hump on prior 2015's. In 2015 the LED PCX was introduced with engine modifications, LED lights and a humpless seat. This is what you have today in 2017. Any seat sold for a 2015 or later PCX should fit your scoot and probably will fit the 18's as well. You have the finest most refined PCX available to date and it might be several years before they revamp the little scoot again, we all wait the ABS PCX :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, ABS! and 203cc because our 153cc needs a boot. Okay, alright....I won't mind if it goes higher :D
(Psst! Honda's sleeping......we wait)

Anyways, how many bikes have comfortable stock seating? Our arses are Not universal :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pattomike wrote:I have a 2017 PCX 150. Does my PCX have a seat hump? I keep reading about the seat hump, and people complaining about it. But these threads I am reading are old, and my seat does not look like the seats they are saying have a hump. But nonetheless, maybe the 2017 PCX also has a hump, but it's just a different designed hump. I know the seat is awful on the 2017. But I don't know what to do. The web sites that sell custom seats do not say what year PCX the custom seats fit!!

Yours will have a step not a hump. Not sure any of the seats are awful really. Appreciate it's only day 2 but have you tried the bike a little more?
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

lol last of the humpers. Thanks for your answer. This alleviates my confusion of the hump thing. I have a stepper.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pattomike wrote:lol last of the humpers. Thanks for your answer. This alleviates my confusion of the hump thing. I have a stepper.
You're a lyrical gangster. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pattomike wrote:lol last of the humpers. Thanks for your answer. This alleviates my confusion of the hump thing. I have a stepper.

How is it going with the seat?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Wondered if the steppers could improve things with one of those air bladder seat add-ons (Airhawk ??). Would it fill that dip and save a seat rebuild. Sure, the Airhawk looks goofy....but then we're riding a scooter - so obviously are not style monkeys.
Just a thought...
Fish
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

I have a 2016 with the two up or step up style seat. I have grown to like it. And I am somewhat tall at 5'11" with a 32" inseam. At times I sit on the step and stretch the legs and lock the knees and put the wind in my face.

Oh it's great to feel alive on two wheels!
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red