The number one reason you love PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

#1 reason you LOVE PCX

I'm a citizen of the US or UK
28%
I'm a citizen of another country
7%
User friendly, light weight, maneuverability
32%
The price was right
6%
Fuel milage
11%
Great looks of this bike
9%
It's a Honda!
8%

Total votes: 103

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

The number one reason you love PCX

Post by homie »

To help with geographical location skewing the poll please choose first your part of the world and then your #1 choice.
You can change your mind anytime.
mowzertron
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Re: The number one reason you love PCX

Post by mowzertron »

Don't particularly like the look of scooters, and I would happily forfeit the higher MPG for more power. But for what I needed at that particular time the PCX price was good for me.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

mowzertron wrote:Don't particularly like the look of scooters, and I would happily forfeit the higher MPG for more power. But for what I needed at that particular time the PCX price was good for me.
I think I interpret this to mean you don't actually LOVE PCX, and there are lesser priced scooters that perform better BUT wouldn't satisfy your need for dependability. Somewhere between affordable AND It's a Honda!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

You forgot the "All of the Above". I also would have added "Overall Performance" and "Utility Value - Storage". :geek:

And then again there are those who may say "Because the Chicks dig it". :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:You forgot the "All of the Above". I also would have added "Overall Performance" and "Utility Value - Storage". :geek:

And then again there are those who may say "Because the Chicks dig it". :lol:
Not a bike that brings to mind performance for me right off, but for those that have had a PCX for a while performance & storage can be the 'user friendly/maneuverability' option if that's what you LOVE most. As for an 'All of the above' option, I knew if I just put a bunch of hearts as a choice the poll would not allow us to get specifics 8)

Why do full grown men and women look at all the scoots on the market and get locked onto the PCX like they do. Some say this, some say that, and more than one describes the PCX as dope :lol: Dope, like addiction.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Milage. Tsk tsk...it was all going so well :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Not a bike that brings to mind performance for me right off, but for those that have had a PCX for a while performance & storage can be the 'user friendly/maneuverability' option if that's what you LOVE most. As for an 'All of the above' option, I knew if I just put a bunch of hearts as a choice the poll would not allow us to get specifics 8)

Why do full grown men and women look at all the scoots on the market and get locked onto the PCX like they do. Some say this, some say that, and more than one describes the PCX as dope :lol: Dope, like addiction.
First of all. . .great idea for this survey! :ugeek:

By "Performance" my intention was to cover the full gambit of overall satisfaction. . .thus being "it does the job as advertised". I admit the word "Performance" equates to power and speed for many. . .the outer reaches of what's obtainable. . .the 3 second 0 to 60. . .the 200 MPH double ton where reality narrows into tunnel vision and life is on the edge. :o

For utility and storage I keep having visions of all those fellow riders in countries where the scoot IS what we would refer to as the family (literally) car and truck and recreational vehicle. Mom, Dad, and the Kids on board. Sacks of food and sundry other items. One can refer to the thread here about other's real life experiences. "http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7207

The PCX does become addictive. . .. To me because it's so easy to just get on it and go. . .about anywhere. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:Milage. Tsk tsk...it was all going so well :lol:
Too soon to tell but I will be VERY suprized if mpg didn't own this survey. I had always had the impression from chatter in here that the most popular allure was fuel milage ESPECIALLY outside the USA. Something is already failing with the poll with 26 voters as people aren't choosing their location and either clicking 2 things they like or just one entry not noticing you can make two selections (the first, where do you live?) You can correct this if you did it wrong anytime. We need lots of entries and people to divulge their location first. Then I think we see mpg with overseas voters ruling the day.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

My pcx is one of the rare purchases I am happier today than I was 2 years ago. It looks great vs other stuff and is a perfect compliment to my car for doing urban rides and errands. Totally bulletproof so far, I change the oils every 6 months....Honda quality is there for me....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:My pcx is one of the rare purchases I am happier today than I was 2 years ago. It looks great vs other stuff and is a perfect compliment to my car for doing urban rides and errands. Totally bulletproof so far, I change the oils every 6 months....Honda quality is there for me....
ah, torn between looks and 'It's a HONDA!' dependability. Ok so it's what you LOVE the most, the thing that sold you. Like a sun roof closes the deal for a car buyer or it had bluetooth. The thing that closed the deal, plus where you live. You can change your choice anytime 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:Milage. Tsk tsk...it was all going so well :lol:
Yeah right :lol:
By the by, WOTS Milage?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ears perked! Did you say, LOCATION? :lol:
Yep, we need folks to chime in. C'mon now it can't get much easier than this!
Surveys are cool ways of finding out interesting little bits. I'm curious of the outcome myself so I'm playing and will proudly share my LOCATION.

Hmm, now what's my #1 ......
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

For me it was "Fuel Mileage". Extraordinary indeed. . .and didn't have to spend $30K+ to get it. ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The dealer didn't even mention mpg. In fact, the dealer knew very little about scooters. Their big ticket items were crotch rockets and Can Ams. So we were left to nose around the store and sit on the various bikes and scooters. I wanted a scooter for my wife because I already had a Burgman 400, which was way to big for her, though she learned to ride it and loved it. She didn't want a scooter that looked like a scooter. When saw the PCX she loved the style right away. Her biggest problem was and is the distance from seat to the ground. She is short, which usually also means short legs, so she couldn't touch the ground. That was a challenge we had to work on AFTER we purchased it. It has turned out to be a great little scooter with outstanding mpg.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Bigger than most commuter scoots in South east asia. MPG is superb.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

OK I'm in. I picked "user-friendly" as my one choice but, really, "It's a Honda" sealed the deal for me. It could have been all the user-friendly, cute, fuel-efficient, and inexpensive in the world, but if it didn't say "Honda" on the side I wouldn't have touched it.

So much good experience with Honda, so many bad experiences with its competitors...

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

I put the user-friendly one.

But for me, it was the perfect compromise scooter.

Quick and fast enough to be useful just about everywhere. Great Honda execution. I've found through experience that bigger scooters leave me wanting some of the motorcycle virtues, esp. high speed stability and price/cc of performance. Not so with the PCX 150.
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I think this is starting to mimic 'the average age of rider poll'. Perhaps it's just the level before we get a mobility scooter
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

There we go.... signature banner :lol: we have a long ways to go yet 8)
Attachments
evolve's.jpg
evolve's.jpg (13.43 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

I wanted a scooter for its convenience in a large city and the cheap operational cost (MPG, insurance & maintenance)

I'm 6 4" / 220 LBS, so I really needed something bigger than 50 cc, but didn't want anything as large as the Forza 300, so my choices were limited to a Honda PCX, the Yamaha SMAX, BWS or Vino 125, or the Suzuki Burgman 200.

I really considered each of the Yamaha scooters, but all in all I preferred the PCX just for the feel, size, comfort and the fact I live very close to a Honda dealership, so it's a bonus to drop it off for maintenance

The Suzuki Burgman 200 was my least favorite, as it's really so much bigger/heavier and the extra engine size is really not required for my needs