Make my own tool kit.

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pumps
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Make my own tool kit.

Post by pumps »

I've recently become the owner of a red 2013 PCX150 with 700 miles. I'm a vintage Japanese motorcycle guy generally and my 67 Honda CA160 has a tool kit that I think I could do anything to the bike with. I'm a little disappointed with the PCX kit. I think I'll make my own. So what would you put in there? I've not really had to do anything to it but I thing a few sockets (10, 12 mm) an adjustable wrench, even a couple of open ended wrenches. I know I'm not going to tearing it down on the side of the road but if something is loose and accessible I'd like to be able to tighten it.
My other rides are a 67 Honda CA160
1975 & 1979 Honda CT90 Trail 90s
2000 Kawasaki W650
In Kansas City , Missouri.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Make my own tool kit.

Post by homie »

pumps wrote: I'm a little disappointed with the PCX kit. I think I'll make my own. So what would you put in there?
WELCOME!
Keep that little rubber covered braided cable... you will not be able to find anything else as useful for hanging your helmet to the bike. Just sent you something far more useful in a PM.
Attachments
Oo.jpg
Oo.jpg (30.89 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
pumps

Post by pumps »

I actually already knew what that little loop was. And the fuse puller!
My other rides are a 67 Honda CA160
1975 & 1979 Honda CT90 Trail 90s
2000 Kawasaki W650
In Kansas City , Missouri.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I keep some zip ties under my seat for emergency purposes, and a small roll of duct tape. I can't think of much more that you might need that you haven't named...and AAA towing??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pumps wrote:I actually already knew what that little loop was. And the fuse puller!
HEY where's MY fuse PULLER??? :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Actually used the helmet leash (wire thing) for the first time today and it does do the job. Just put it through the helmet D-Ring first and then place the ends over the hook provided on the PCX pet carrier. In the future I may put some kind of rubberized adhesive backed material on the portion of the side panel that the helmet rests on. Over time I could see that area getting scratched or nicked from repeated helmet exposure. . .especially if it's windy out. It would have been a nice (and inexpensive) after thought if Honda already had some scuff resistant pad there. Just my two cents. . .. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah PCX150Rider you're getting as picky as homie and I with the "Precious" :lol: I like the way you think.
What kind of pad would that be sir? One that we could easily slap on...if it looks purdy enough or whip off if it gets fugly.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Ah PCX150Rider you're getting as picky as homie and I with the "Precious" :lol: I like the way you think.
What kind of pad would that be sir? One that we could easily slap on...if it looks purdy enough or whip off if it gets fugly.
WN - Got to do some web searching on this. . .but I'll post when I come across something. Your parameters are correct. . .it's got to add value to the PCX and at the same time be easily removable without any trace. Finally got my new PC. . .setting that up today. . .it will give me a good excuse to use it. :lol: :geek:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

WN - Not exactly what I have in mind but sort of on the right track. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-2-i ... /203661153

Need to try my helmets with the leash to see where exactly they sit so I can get a better idea of the expanse of the potential contact area on the PCX side panel. Don't want to "over do" it. . .but do want to have adequate scuff protection. Will keep looking. :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Perhaps something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s ... aint++film+
(like, no see-ums, you can't see-um :D
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Perhaps something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s ... int++film+
(like, no see-ums, you can't see-um :D

Sounds like awesome stuff. . .great idea! According to reviews a lot of riders use them on fairings etc. . .for bug resistance. Learning to apply it is key. It's at the top of my list right now. Especially good since it is indeed almost invisible. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

So many goodies sit in my Amazon cart all vying to be purchased. Protective tape is in the mix. I think that's the ticket, the product to use. Member JGE64 (Glen) has applied it and recommends it: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=120

I need to win the lottery. Best I ever won was $500.00 and that went somewhere Real F a s t :|
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by Smaug »

WhiteNoise wrote:So many goodies sit in my Amazon cart all vying to be purchased. Protective tape is in the mix. I think that's the ticket, the product to use. Member JGE64 (Glen) has applied it and recommends it: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=120

I need to win the lottery. Best I ever won was $500.00 and that went somewhere Real F a s t :|
I'm working on building a tool kit too. Would you mind sharing the contents of your list with me?
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Smaug wrote: I'm working on building a tool kit too. Would you mind sharing the contents of your list with me?
Get ready to be disappointed.

1. A screw driver handle with a two ended screw driver bit.
2. A spark plug socket that requires the two ended screw driver bit to turn.
3. A helmet hook extension cable (priceless)
4. A plastic bag

There is no spanner to adjust the rear shocks because the shocks don't adjust.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Get ready to be disappointed.
You can say that again. On my 2017 I only got the helmet wire leash in my tool kit. The salesman pointed that out to me as well. He said that's all they are coming with now. 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

So many goodies sit in my Amazon cart all vying to be purchased. Protective tape is in the mix. I think that's the ticket, the product to use. Member JGE64 (Glen) has applied it and recommends it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640&start=120

Yes. . .lottery would solve a lot of problems. . .and perhaps create a few more. As one of my relatives used to say being rich allows you to choose your misery. :lol:

Shall I take the $300K sports car with electrical problems or the $200K sedan that leaks oil. o_O

About the helmet wire leash. I tried my three helmets with it to see how they generally hang relative to the PCX panels etc. ... I had the PCX on the side stand. It seems that the top of the helmets sort of lay on the foot board and the black plastic paneling above the spark plug access cover is high enough to absorb some contact. That being said there doesn't seem to be that much surface area of the white paneling that would be effected. . .at least in my case. So using a little finesse when hanging the helmet can go a long way to reducing any possible scuffing. But putting a little of that clear tape you mentioned or even something similar on the white paneling wouldn't require much material. . .small piece perhaps. At this point I'm almost thinking a good quality decal that would come off later on easily. 8)