Hello from West Sussex, UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Hello from West Sussex, UK

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Hi, I'm Lilly

I've already started posting before introducing myself, as there was a topic on Chinese Scooters I just //had// to respond to.

I'm a full licence holder but prefer scuttlin' around on smaller bikes. I started riding auto scooters after a left hand injury in a mountain bike accident (that I've almost 100% recovered from).

I kinda prefer them to manual bikes now, weirdly enough.

I haven't got a PCX at the moment but having ridden one I figured I'd hang around here and read a bit more about them first. A PCX may well be my next 2-wheeled purchase.

I've already been made to feel welcome, and hope that I will have something to contribute as well as lurking and learning.

Lilly xxx :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Hello from West Sussex, UK

Post by homie »

Welcome Lilly,
You don't need to have a PCX to hang around in here, only those who had one and sold it have to leave :lol:

Happiness is a scooter
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

homie wrote: only those who had one and sold it have to leave :lol:
Thanks. I can't guarantee that won't be me, some day! :lol:
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

Hi Lilly and welcome.

I am also from West Sussex (near Haywards Heath). I passed my big bike test as a teenager, then didn't ride for many years.

I got my PCX new in 2011 for local journeys, e.g. home to & from station as part of a London commute. It has been completely reliable (so far), and I like the basic simplicity of it. It gets used all year round.

As you know, there is lots of friendly help and advice around here, so enjoy your stay.

Barry.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Hey Barry!

Nice to hear that I'm not the only strange person that prefers the smaller stuff. ;)

We're in Shoreham By Sea, so not a million miles away.

Though I must admit to not having stopped in Haywards Heath in my time down here.

I've ridden through it a good few times on my way to and from Ardingly.

I'm presently trying to discern what the difference between an LED PCX and a pre-LED PCX without actually asking directly.

It's a great forum indeed. Long may it continue.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Not an expert, but the salient differences on a pre-LED (2013 ish) are a locating hump on the seat that keeps you a bit forward (very important to many, but of no concern to many as well), a smaller fuel tank (about 1.5 gallon vs. ... IDK... 2 gallon?), maybe a bit faster for reasons that elude me (one of the folks that know and understand this stuff will explain or correct me, or maybe this only applies to US 150's), and of course the somewhat more lame headlights.

If you can find one with low miles that has been serviced, and don't mind buying used, you can save a fair bit of money going with the earlier model.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Get a new one... make sure its white! Here is mine.

lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

GeorgeSK wrote:Not an expert, but the salient differences on a pre-LED (2013 ish) are a locating hump on the seat that keeps you a bit forward (very important to many, but of no concern to many as well), a smaller fuel tank (about 1.5 gallon vs. ... IDK... 2 gallon?), maybe a bit faster for reasons that elude me (one of the folks that know and understand this stuff will explain or correct me, or maybe this only applies to US 150's), and of course the somewhat more lame headlights.

If you can find one with low miles that has been serviced, and don't mind buying used, you can save a fair bit of money going with the earlier model.
Thanks for that. I'm 'leggy" in build but tend to sit forwards on bikes/scoots in general. The only one I've ridden was a 2014 PCX and not knowing what was what at the time I don't know if that was an LED one or not.

Good advice, cheers!
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

homie wrote:Get a new one... make sure its white!
I haven't really got a PCX colour preference as such.

White looks cool though, for sure.
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

lillypinkjenny wrote:Hey Barry!

Nice to hear that I'm not the only strange person that prefers the smaller stuff. ;)

Though I must admit to not having stopped in Haywards Heath in my time down here.

I'm presently trying to discern what the difference between an LED PCX and a pre-LED PCX without actually asking directly.

Not really much to see in Haywards Heath anyway, just another commuter town :)

I don't know much about the LED PCX changes, but there is a page on Wikipedia with links and references which may help. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_PCX

The early PCX like mine (pre eSP engine) has a design problem of a weak centre stand mount, part of the engine casting. It can crack with varying degrees of severity. You will see details on here somewhere, if you haven't already.

My PCX is white, which obviously makes it better and faster than the others. ;)

Anyway, stick around, have fun and take care.

Barry.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Thanks, I will. :)
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

lillypinkjenny wrote:Hey Barry!

Shoreham-by-sea,i know it well you don't know my mate down your way,he has a Kawasaki w800,and Honda c90-step-thur.People on here will all ways say the pcx 125,have a look at the Honda sh 125i,mode.i found the pcx very small in size,but I am 6"3" but my Honda vision 110i,is better for me,flat floor/easy to work on/back wheel very easy to get out/cheaper to buy/cheaper to run/air cooled/I just think [know but that's me] slightly slower,but cheaper to buy.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Oh I don't doubt that all the smaller Honda scooters are great, Dick. The PCX has taken my fancy though and well, that's that.

I'm impressed that you ride a Vison as tall as you are, though. That's cool. :)

There's quite a lot of bike and scooter activity down here but I think I know your mate, or rather know of him through a mutual acquaintance, a certain girlie that rides a W650 Kawasaki.

I went to a biker charity breakfast before the Brighton burn up that he and his wife were running in aid of a friend of theirs who died. That's if it's the same fella but certainly sounds like it.