Apple will block texting....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Apple will block texting....

Post by GlassMan »

Great....now they will start writing LETTERS while driving! LOL
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GlassMan wrote:Great....now they will start writing LETTERS while driving! LOL

:lol: :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I recently observed a teen who was driving with the phone sitting in the middle of her steering wheel and both of her thumbs were quite busy on that phone while she was driving. She would look up occasionally to correct where the car was going, which was at 20 mph in the middle of a 45 mph zone. The car kept wandering over the lines, first to the left, then to the right. No text can be THAT important!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:I recently observed a teen who was driving with the phone sitting in the middle of her steering wheel and both of her thumbs were quite busy on that phone while she was driving. She would look up occasionally to correct where the car was going, which was at 20 mph in the middle of a 45 mph zone. The car kept wandering over the lines, first to the left, then to the right. No text can be THAT important!
I think walking this back will be hard, There will be opposition. As many like us who would support it, there will be all kinds of angry people who don't claiming prosperous reasons why they are in danger if not having the ability to text while moving. Apple might even have to do geographical control over the software to accommodate individual state and countries. For now we can hope, but if they offer it you can bet Illinois will be on the side I prefer as my politicians love a bill like this to distinguish one moron over the other.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I recently observed a teen who was driving with the phone sitting in the middle of her steering wheel and both of her thumbs were quite busy on that phone while she was driving. She would look up occasionally to correct where the car was going, which was at 20 mph in the middle of a 45 mph zone. The car kept wandering over the lines, first to the left, then to the right. No text can be THAT important!
I just read a very informative yet chilling article in my most recent copy of "American Motorcyclist" written by an AMA member/contributor. He describes the irregular flow of drivers in traffic who are using devices as a "Texting Weave". . .similar to a dance. While riding on the Pacific Coast Highway recently he noticed all the vehicles surrounding him doing the dance. About half a dozen large SUVs were crisscrossing into each others lanes, nobody honked. . .nobody seemed to care. It gave him pause. He suddenly realized that the texting thing has become such an ingrained part of our lives that it's now just something that's tolerated. . .somewhat expected I guess (eluding to some kind of new normal perhaps?). And he also mentioned that it is further enhanced by the eating, and drinking (coffee), and doing eye makeup, shaving, watching movies and more. The thing is that people DUI are a certain percentage of the drivers out there sharing the road. That being said, almost everyone has cell phones and use them constantly. So the number of actually impaired or distracted drivers is huge compared to what it used to be. . .just dealing with the usual drunks or druggies. :o

Personally I fear old people on drugs. They do weird stuff. . .and should hang up the keys but they just won't let go of it. Other than nearly getting sideswiped by an elderly lady a few weeks ago, today I had an old rich foolish idiot (of which I will be someday. . .the old part I mean) in a big Cadillac almost run me off the road on my Roughhouse. It was a well to do neighborhood near a resort hotel and a river. He must have come out of one of the driveways I had just gone by because I check my mirrors often and there were no cars behind me at all. A lot of people walk, walk their dogs, and ride bicycles in this area and I think the speed limit is 20 since the road is narrow and twisty. Anyhow, I'm riding in proper lane position. . .not off to the side. . .and he decides to pass me on the left. . .almost going into the shoulder on the other side. . .in a race to get another few hundred feet up the road to come to a stop sign. He didn't use any turn signals and was trying to roll through the stop sign and after getting half way out into the other road he had to stop because somebody was coming. What an idiot. He is either losing it or on medication or very egotistical and feels entitled and a MOPED in his neighborhood won't be tolerated. I grew up in this area and I've seen these rich egotistical air heads come and go. . .but when old age starts effecting them it's truly dangerous to others and themselves. o_O :roll:
Last edited by PCX150Rider on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I think walking this back will be hard, There will be opposition.
The opposition will either be from stupid people or those who stand to lose $$ from a drop off in consumption of minutes or cheaper cell phone plans. ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Whatever. I've seen the future, I'm digging out the typewriter as we speak...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

APPLE, Please make this happen!
I'm enjoying the read here and also the humor. I'm also very aware of the dangers of riding or driving. Just So MUCH MORE today.

Witnessed and This was not a case of texting:
I was driving home late summer last year (beautiful day, twas Friday!) from the Nursing Home. Traffic was bumper to bumper, everyone's windows open, sitting on a highway undergoing Major construction. (What a p.i.t.a. it's still not done!)
The stage: We're all at a complete stop, a radio is blasting in the car next to me. I turn my head to smile n say, I dig your music. But instead my mouth drops and I'm aghast. Both passenger and driver are rolling joints. They're helping one another. Passenger's feet up on dashboard, smoking. Driver sipping something in a brown paper bag (duh), then traffic moves and so do we. I looked no more.

I took that vision home with me. It stayed with me. It upset me. What the hell! Are we all going there?

Texting and driving. I See it too much! Men, women and teens, even children :(
My niece had her new Big Bucks GMC SUV only 1 week. At a near stop and with her head down texting she hit the car in front of her. Her two children in back strapped in their kidde chairs! Luckily they were safe. But Costly damage. Her husband not happy, her Mom and Dad furious. I kept my mouth shut.

Texting is an epidemic. Worse, children are being taught this by their parents. Sitting at the table eating, dining out, driving, riding a bicycle, shopping, sitting in their place of worship! Everywhere is OKAY to text!
Wake Up People! Save Your Children, Save You, Save Us All!

EVERYTHING Goes on Behind the Wheel today! Some of which we'll Never know. (Spare me).
Texting and Cellphones got added to the Mix. These ingredient's SUCK! We're in the Worse Cocktail EVER! :x

2yous...."The Sky is Falling!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:Whatever. I've seen the future, I'm digging out the typewriter as we speak...
:lol: ....a Royal?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Manual or electric? :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

EVERYTHING Goes on Behind the Wheel today! Some of which we'll Never know. (Spare me).
Texting and Cellphones got added to the Mix. These ingredient's SUCK! We're in the Worse Cocktail EVER! :x
You forgot taking "Selfies". 8)
100_1050a.jpg
100_1050a.jpg (416.21 KiB) Viewed 693 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Manual or electric? :lol:

Manual. I haven't got a long enough flex to go for a decent ride if it's electric.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Texting and Cellphones got added to the Mix. These ingredient's SUCK! We're in the Worse Cocktail EVER!

... and those that do things with or sometimes without glasses ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mTJa8h2Ezg
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
2yous...."The Sky is Falling!"
It does seem to be :lol:

Anyhoo Apple aren't blocking texting but it's been great fun :D :D :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

No one can define old these days, as in 'old people'. That is a problem in itself. Some people in their 70's are sharper than others. Some people in their 80's might be able to point their cars straight and go to the doctor, even if it is slower than traffic around them. Others, well not so much.
I remember the time when my car was rammed by a van driven by a very, very senior citizen from Florida. How they made it all the way to Georgia without an accident is beyond me. The driver looked straight at me and floored it, hitting my Volvo squarely In the rear passenger door. That was bad enough, but then he put the pedal to the metal and started pushing my 4,000 pound car sideways with my 4 disc brakes locked! When the police arrived the driver had banged into multiple other cars till their van was clear, and then he drove on down the road, with his wife beating him on his shoulder with her purse because he wouldn't stop. His wife told the police officer that he had gotten confused. Lord help us! If I get even close to being that confused I will give up my License!...and they drove all the way up to Atlanta from the Tampa area without getting confused?? Did he know where he was supposed to be going, or did he accidentally end up in Atlanta?!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

No one can define old these days, as in 'old people'. That is a problem in itself. Some people in their 70's are sharper than others. Some people in their 80's might be able to point their cars straight and go to the doctor, even if it is slower than traffic around them. Others, well not so much.
Yeah. . .you're right. . .some people age prematurely and some keep right on going. Just as long as they don't keep right on going into that donut shop window. The brake and gas pedals can confuse some people in a weak moment I suppose. :roll:

That moron that hit you was "out there". His license should have been permanently revoked and he should have been sent for psychiatric observation to see if he had serious life threatening problems or stroking or something. :geek:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Now this is distracted driving. . .

He say's:

"But where do we draw the line? To text or not to text. . .t'is nobler to. . .how the hell does that go?"
Baci-in-Vespa.jpg
Baci-in-Vespa.jpg (162.47 KiB) Viewed 674 times
And she whispers to him in city traffic:

"To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
for in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
when we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
must give us pause."
ItBeMe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Very dark blue

Post by ItBeMe »

I am one of them OLD people your talking about and me and the old farts I hang out with we drive like that just to scare the crap of you guys. Than we set around and talk and laugh what we did and laugh like hell about it. That's what us OLD PEOPLE do for entertainment.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I am one of them OLD people your talking about and me and the old farts I hang out with we drive like that just to scare the crap of you guys. Than we set around and talk and laugh what we did and laugh like hell about it. That's what us OLD PEOPLE do for entertainment.
Hey I'm no spring chicken either. As Nicholson said in the "Bucket List", "Never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard on, and never trust a fart!" :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I will be 71 this year, and I know that I can not drive as fast as I used to be able to, but I CAN keep up with traffic, and I CAN tell the difference between the accelerator and the brake. Also, I do believe that I will be wise enough to know when I can no longer drive safely.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150