So I Got a White One

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

So I Got a White One

Post by PCX150Rider »

Finally went to the dealership today and bought a leftover 2017 White PCX.

I did look and get a chance to sit on the CB300F and CBR300R. Nice bikes. . .they had the Yellow ones also. . .look great! The fitment was fine for me and I really liked the CBR especially but at the end of the day the PCX was what I felt I really needed and would best serve my needs. :geek:

The Blue PCX looked good too but I was hoping it was brighter. . .more noticeable in traffic. Standing in front of a line of scooters and other bikes the White one just popped out of the crowd better.

It will be delivered for free. . .and I was able to get the Honda discount at this time.

I was able to compare the seat on an older used one they had there with the "Hump" and the new PCX and can see the difference. On the new one there is still a noticeable (but hidden) "Step Up" to the pillion that kind of wraps around you but I think after I've been riding it a while the seat will start to wear in. I don't feel pressured or uncomfortable with it but could see how a taller person or someone with longer legs may wish for more space. That being said there was plenty of room on the leg drop to the floorboards. . .a feeling of sitting "On" the scooter rather than "Down Into" it. Some awareness of the handlebars is required on extremely slow tight turns but no turn signal lamps to get in the way.

IRC tires are stock on my 2017. No Smart Key. ..which I'd prefer. . .like it old school. ;)

So thanks to everyone for sharing all their expertise and know how to maintain and get the most enjoyment out of the PCX150.

FWIW I did order the Honda Service Manual.

Somehow I feel like a legitimate member of the Forum now. 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: So I Got a White One

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:Finally went to the dealership today and bought a leftover 2017 White PCX.
I did order the Honda Service Manual. Great!
Somehow I feel like a legitimate member of the Forum now. 8)
Yes you are 8)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy you finally got one home. First things first since you don't have the SM yet. The parking brake will most likely not work as the dealers don't bother to adjust them out the crate. No big deal, takes 30 seconds but if you don't know how ask. You don't want to over tighten the rear drum brake when adjusting the P-brake. 87 octane only, 300 mile break in (take it easy but don't baby it too much, more for you to get used to it then piston rings seating properly.

Most common ask question is "what is this little cable wire in the tool kit" :lol: we let you think about that for a while
ItBeMe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Very dark blue

Post by ItBeMe »

That is great. I just sold my 2013 red one. I just love these things.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

That is great. I just sold my 2013 red one. I just love these things.
This will be my second scooter after riding motorcycles for many years. I got used to the light weight and ease of use with my Roughhouse 50 but needed more oommmppphhhh in wind and more top end speed to keep "Lead Foot" off my back on hills. The 2017 and 2018 models are still just (Dark) Blue or White.

Although I still enjoy the motorcycles the scooter is just plain easier to use day to day or around town. Just start it up. . .hop on and go. . .not so much a ritual.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Most common ask question is "what is this little cable wire in the tool kit" :lol: we let you think about that for a while
Isn't that that thing you attach to your wrist and the kill switch so when you have a get off the motor automatically shuts off? :lol: o_O

Watch some idiot try to use it for a helmet holder. :lol: :roll: :o :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:
Isn't that that thing you attach to your wrist and the kill switch so when you have a get off the motor automatically shuts off? :lol: o_O

Watch some idiot try to use it for a helmet holder. :lol: :roll: :o :lol:
Actually the Brits were so jealous American's got a parking brake Honda gave the little cable to loop over their grip and brake lever.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to being legit (lol). Enjoy the ride.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150

Post by hondamatic »

Congratulations on the new white!
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Aha, now the name fits! :D
When will you be taking delivery?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Aha, now the name fits! :D
When will you be taking delivery?
May 26th. . . I just have to sign the registration on the 25th and they'll deliver it the next morning. I'll be getting a new one right out of the crate.

If I don't count the state sales tax I got the PCX OTD for under $4K. Didn't want any service contracts. . .and if there's a recall Honda will stand behind their product.

It's weird but when I was in the showroom I looked at the Gold Wings and other large touring machines and at this stage of my life they look huge. Really huge. Not something I would want to deal with anymore. When I was younger bigger, faster, cooler was all the rage but now lighter and more practical seems to reign supreme. I never considered a big "Bagger" bike. . .always liked my machines to handle and deliver on performance. I'm glad I got the Suzuki GSF 1200S years ago and still proud to own it as it ages it's way to an "Antique" plate. My KLR already has the "Antique" plate and is entering it's 30th model year. Will continue to ride those as long as I can. . .. :D

If you are into Vintage machines and are able to get "The Motorbike Show" on TV where you live I highly recommend it.

Here's a sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCxbAr-kOGY 8)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Oh I like classic styled naked bikes. I try very hard to resist buying one. :cry:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Itsa Great White! 8)
Well Praise Be! The day has FINALLY come!! How frickin' Exciting is That!!
I ain't lying....everytime someone gets onboard and states they got their Scoot I feel Like it's Me that got it! What the heck. I guess it's cause I LOVE GETTING NEW BIKES (and cars and trucks and TOYS and....)

Congrats!! I'm as happy as a (living) Pig in poop (for you, (and 4 me :D )
May your invisible pillion always keep you safe

What the heck! I'm grabbin' me a mountain dew!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

What the heck! I'm grabbin' me a mountain dew!
My drink of choice in College during final exams. ;)

Really looking forward to putting some miles on the PCX soon. Took my R50 around the waterfront tonight after running some errands knowing that in a couple of weeks I'll be on the PCX and doing 45 MPH comfortably without any strain. It will be interesting to see how the LED headlight compares traveling at night also. That being said I'll still use the Roughhouse once in a while. . .need that nostalgia ride every now and then. 8)
atpcop

Post by atpcop »

Congrats on your new PCX! I really enjoy riding my PCX even though I do catch some flak from friends who ride other types of motorcycles. However, when it comes to filling up at the pump or carrying cargo, they can't compete.

I put a Givi EA105B tunnel bag on my PCX and just love it. Highly recommend it for yours too!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

That's nice!
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

I'm really wondering to myself. Do I need that tunnel bag??
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Congrats on your new PCX! I really enjoy riding my PCX even though I do catch some flak from friends who ride other types of motorcycles. However, when it comes to filling up at the pump or carrying cargo, they can't compete.

I put a Givi EA105B tunnel bag on my PCX and just love it. Highly recommend it for yours too!
Your scoot looks great! Never ridden in the rain right? :lol:

I was thinking about either the Scooter Logic or Viking saddle bags or maybe a tunnel bag. Not sure yet. Will probably ride it until I do the first oil change and by then I should know which additional storage I'd like. Definitely don't want a top box at this point in time though. . .and will run with the stock windshield for now. Making note of the Givi EA105B though for future reference. :geek:

These are the Scooter Logic Bags https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uGlWzCK34

Viking also makes some nice bags as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiHmY1Vd6SI

BTW I've been to the Coke Museum, Underground, and Stone Mountain. Lot's to see in GA.
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

atpcop wrote:I put a Givi EA105B tunnel bag on my PCX and just love it. Highly recommend it for yours too!
Yup, I had to order it. Couldn't stop thinking about it.

That thing is too sweet. Thanks for posting that pic!!
atpcop

Post by atpcop »

grndslm wrote:I'm really wondering to myself. Do I need that tunnel bag??
Of course you do! It's a great spot to put rain gear, bottled water, wallet, etc.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

atpcop wrote:
grndslm wrote:I'm really wondering to myself. Do I need that tunnel bag??
Of course you do! It's a great spot to put rain gear, bottled water, wallet, etc.

Or under the seat.

That now can't open?