When does a 2013 PCX 150 with 300 miles need 1st Oil Change?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

When does a 2013 PCX 150 with 300 miles need 1st Oil Change?

Post by grndslm »

Soo.... the people I bought this 2013 model from say that the first oil change is supposed to be done at 500 or 600 miles... so they haven't done it yet.

But I know that oil should be changed every 6 months or so due to condensation / moisture buildup in the oil.

Should I change the oil today? Or wait until I've ridden it hard a few times? Or just wait until I get to 500 miles?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: When does a 2013 PCX 150 with 300 miles need 1st Oil Cha

Post by homie »

Because that bike has been sitting around for 4 years I would dump the oil now for possible condensation contamination and then again at 5k or 12 months which ever comes first per the service manual on a 13 model.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (192.3 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Did you get the "owner's manual" upon delivery? If not, you best fetch one from "that" personand check you got your "mini" tool kit too.
If you like tooling/fiddlin' with your own scoot, then it's a must to own a full blown Honda Service Manual. You can order one directly from a Honda dealer or from here: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... d%5Fmedia=

Yes, change the oil as others advised. Consider it the blood of your scoot. I think that way about all my vehicles. Run fresh and clean. Live
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So how was it that your new bike sat for so long before you purchased it? Did you buy it from a dealer or from an individual? I just wonder because it seems obvious that it was not maintained, but rather it just sat. It needs more than an immediate oil change. Check the tires to make sure they are not dry rotted. Have the valves checked and adjusted. Last, check under the plastics in the back of it to make sure a mouse has not taken up residence. Yes, it does happen. Essentially, have the 600mile service done.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by grndslm »

Supposedly it was purchased for a mother who I think got spooked by someone else who had gotten an accident or something??

I just needed to buy something like this or a Grom for work due to recent changes... and I think I made a better (and luckier) decision. Nobody was pushing the sales of the PCX "brand", but I luckily saw one on Craigslist and started thinking about a CVT transmission and storage. Was very, very lucky for me to see this really, but was just making sure I do this break-in procedure right! Hahahahahaha. Need to change this thing yesterday. :o
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User

Post by grndslm »

WhiteNoise wrote:Did you get the "owner's manual" upon delivery? If not, you best fetch one from "that" personand check you got your "mini" tool kit too.
If you like tooling/fiddlin' with your own scoot, then it's a must to own a full blown Honda Service Manual. You can order one directly from a Honda dealer or from here: http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... d%5Fmedia=

Yes, change the oil as others advised. Consider it the blood of your scoot. I think that way about all my vehicles. Run fresh and clean. Live
I contacted the seller. They said they received the scooter without the mini tool kit, but they "may" have the owner's manual.

Anyway.... I changed the oil. Started cleaning everything up, then realized the crush washer was at the bottom of my drain pan. So I was freaking out and then saw some people online saying that it would likely be OK until the next oil change, so long as the drain plug wasn't torqued down to hard. Then one genius recommended plugging the hole with a finger while someone else puts the washer on the bolt. Had just enough oil left over to top her off.

I'm assuming the bike needs to be up on the center stand, dipstick needs NOT be screwed in, and the max oil fill level is the top of the skinny, plaid "nipple" of the dipstick. Is that correct?