Reflective Vest for the Visually Impaired or Brain Dead

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Reflective Vest for the Visually Impaired or Brain Dead

Post by PCX150Rider »

I don't use safety colored vests at all ..I don't ride at night and I think a lot of people are color blind anyway.
Good info. . . ;)

I try to avoid interstates at night now. And that used to be one of my favorite times to ride. Just "too much" . . ..

It will be interesting to see how the instant inflatable riding gear market becomes more diverse and more products are offered in the future. 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

So here's an update on the yellow reflective vest I bought a month or so ago. . ..
http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gear-a ... afety-vest

It's great. . .no buyer's remorse. Fit's perfectly over my leather jacket so it's true to size. . .not undersized at all.

One additional feature that I found a whole new use for is the built in self storage pocket. The vest will fold into itself in a large zippered pocket on the front side for storage in a top box or saddlebags or pet carrier. But when you are wearing it the thing is useful as one honkin big pocket (see advertisement. . .they aren't kidding). The other day I wondered if I could fit a standard size letter envelope in it and much to my surprise I discovered I could get a lot more in than that. I can fit 3 DVDs in their cases as well. Even more. So for mailing letters or carrying a few light things and avoiding the need for a tank bag the pocket does the job.

Again, performs as advertised and that self storage pocket truly is an added bonus feature. . .could save someone the cost of a tank bag.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Have you tried Ebay? Sometimes you'll find a lightly used or even a new one(?) at a respectable price.
Worth a shot? Maybe? Up to you John.
A friend of mine owns/wears this Olympia vest. Living on the outskirts of Queens NY makes this a must have item. Raising a Hi-Viz flag will be next
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You