Seeking advice for a long trip (Honda Forza 125cc)

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

plagueheart666
Year: 2017
Color: White

Seeking advice for a long trip (Honda Forza 125cc)

Post by plagueheart666 »

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well!

I am looking for practical advices from more experienced riders for my next trip. I am planning to go all the way down from Nottingham (UK) to Portimão (Portugal). This trip is roughly about 2600kms / 1600miles.

I have done UK to Portugal about 3 times on a car but this time I wanna do something different and enjoy more the trip and do some camping, so I will be taking my Honda Forza 125cc (2017) which I bought very recently.

Can anyone give me some advice so I can have a safe ride and not destroy my scooter along the way? How does it work with the engine oil and other maintenance care I should take during the trip? I would really love to hear from you.

What was your longest journey (number of miles in one trip) with a 125cc bike/scooter? How did it go? Do you think my ass will survive the seat of the Forza or is this a bad scooter for such a trip comfort-wise?

Thanks for your time!
Robbie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Grey

Re: Seeking advice for a long trip (Honda Forza 125cc)

Post by Robbie »

Should be an awesome trip if you avoid motorways.

Take a small bottle of oil and top up when needed, take it fairly steady and make sure tyres have decent life left. Service intervals on PCX are 2500 miles (not sure if forza is same) so may be worth a service before setting off.

Take a spare spark plug and a few basic tools, but I bet you won't need them.
plagueheart666
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by plagueheart666 »

Robbie wrote:Should be an awesome trip if you avoid motorways.

Take a small bottle of oil and top up when needed, take it fairly steady and make sure tyres have decent life left. Service intervals on PCX are 2500 miles (not sure if forza is same) so may be worth a service before setting off.

Take a spare spark plug and a few basic tools, but I bet you won't need them.
Thanks Robbie! I actually haven't asked the dealer when I should do the first service of the scooter, will ring them tomorrow :)

Thanks!
adnewton
Year: 2016
Color: Forza, Silver

Post by adnewton »

Servicing is every 4000 miles with first one at 600 miles.

I think; take it steady and arrange regular breaks to give bike & yourself a rest. If you estimate 1600 miles @ avg 50mph, it will take around 32 hours.

10 hours riding per day is more than enough - I would plan over 4 days personally. Either way, good planning is the key & to enjoy the trip.

Good Luck.
Vancho
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by Vancho »

My longest trip per 1 day was 700km, it taken about 12hours. It was in Thailand. Stoped about every 120km for relax and fueling, and for eat for 10-30min. I wouldn't try it again, at least in hot weather areas. But it was quite possible. If you going to more than 1 day's long trip , I think 300-400km per one day quite enough to save power for all trip long, enjoy the trip itself and not be tired to death.

About bike- I don't see any reason to worry about it for trip like this. It's nothing for it. Just make it ready as described above before trip.
Check the oil- if nearly to change, change it before trip.
Cooling system-check for any leakage, level
Brake system- brake pads wear, brake fluid level
Tyres- wear, pressure