How-To: Adjust Throttle Slack

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

AG6
Year: 2013
Color: Black

How-To: Adjust Throttle Slack

Post by AG6 »

I have a bit of play in the throttle and like to know there is a way to adjust to remove the throttle slack?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Throttle slack

Post by homie »

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (156.35 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
The good news is your 13 model is the fastest PCX, bad news it's so fast Honda had to hide the adjustment down by the radiator :lol:

After 13 it's up on the throttle housing where no amount of adjustment makes it go any faster :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg (150.11 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (175.26 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg (153.28 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
AG6

Post by AG6 »

Thanks for the images! I forgot to mention I have a 2017 pcx (forgot to update my profile)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

AG6 wrote:Thanks for the images! I forgot to mention I have a 2017 pcx (forgot to update my profile)
No problem I'm just sitting here with my SM and vodka tonic, pouring rain outside. I'm surprised you didn't find the adjustment on your own ;) The above information is applicable to (after 13) models and I doubt you are outside of spec for the free play on a 17. Please don't take all the slack out for obvious reasons listed above. Enjoy the newer (slower) PCX 8)
AG6

Post by AG6 »

The second pic helped and I was able to remove the excess slack. Thanks! Where did you get the manual from? Pouring rain here as well or I would be out riding
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I quote from the 2013-2015 PCX SM purchased from Helm. The one you want is this one available in a couple days... 5/1/2017
There is also a common Service Manual, item #61CSM00 that covers every year PCX but I don't love you guys that much to buy it :D

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N
Vancho
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012

Post by Vancho »

I like make the throttle play to zero (0mm) on all my bikes. I hate it 2-3 KILOmeters of playing before engine starts answer on my hand
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Vancho wrote:I like make the throttle play to zero (0mm) on all my bikes. I hate it 2-3 KILOmeters of playing before engine starts answer on my hand
Um... don't turn the column while sitting at an intersection, you might blast off on a scooter :lol: Not going to happen on your clutch bikes.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard the forum(s) AG6!
When I took delivery of my 2015 I asked members about the throttle adjuster cable. I thought it was loose because I saw so many threads exposed on the adjuster (under throttle body housing). I was told to leave it be, that it's set before delivery and will be checked at every service thereafter. I hope Honda holds true to that.
Not sure if this is the case with your cable though. What is too much play?
Ohhh...You want to "barely" twist (immediate) to take off! Hmmmm.....

Okay since I'm here I'll ask you a favor.
Please return to your profile and enter your Location and the correct year of your PCX.
Accuracy matters when we're trying to help one another. We can't be accurate if info is missing or incorrect in a member's profile.
I think we just witnessed this. Yes?

"I ain't nothing but a hound-dog, pestering member's all the time..." :D
So please, do not feel as if I'm singling you out. Not the case. We all need help or have questions sooner or later, our profile info helps us all to help one another. I have easy directions below to help (if You need help) to get that info entered.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy your NEW PCX as much as I do my 2015 ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You