PCX150 fell on its side

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MayHem
Year: 2012
Color: Red

PCX150 fell on its side

Post by MayHem »

Hi,

We are copping a decent weather event here with almost a months worth of rain in a day. I had the pcx150 parked out on the grass on the centre stand and due to the huge rain and ground softening the pcx fell on its right side for I don't know how long.

Thankfully no visible damage as it landed on the soft wet grassy ground and looks like the end of the handle bar took the biggest hit as it was a fair way into the wet ground. Any thing I should be concerned about or check for prior to using again?

Cheers
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Re: PCX150 fell on its side

Post by relic »

Just in case oil has made its way into the cylinder head you might want to pull the spark plus and crank it over.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I had the pcx150 parked out on the grass on the centre stand and due to the huge rain and ground softening the pcx fell on its right side for I don't know how long.
DON'T TRY TO START IT RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT CHECKING SOME THINGS FIRST!

Sorry to hear about that. . .

I'm still on cue to buy one so I don't know if or where any penetrations may be that would allow water to get into the CVT area or air box. Not sure how tight the wiring harness is either. Relic brought up an excellent point about pulling the plug to check for oil.

Here is a couple of links to sites that tell you what to do if you had a motorcycle or scooter that got water damaged from a flood. Hope you find something helpful that may apply to you although your situation is different of course: https://eatsleepride.com/c/19080/how-to ... lood_water

Also see: http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic88216

Let us know how things go. . . hopefully you lucked out and it just needed a good cleaning.
MayHem

Post by MayHem »

Ok whipped the plug out, cranked it for 30 secs then plug back in. Started but a bit rough for 30 seconds or so then came good. Hopefully I don't need to goto those extremes PCX150Rider but appreciate your reply. Will report back if any issues arise.

Cheers
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hey Mitch, are you at Salisbury or up the coast now? We've got no power at Shailer Park. Dam cyclones...
I hope my PCX doesn't get blown over under the back verandah. Something big just hit the roof. o_O
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

That was creepy, we just had 15 odd minutes of dead calm and now it's starting up again.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Chica boo, that is how cyclones/hurricanes work. That 15 minutes of calm was the eye passing over you. Then the winds reverse. Hopefully you came through it without any I juries. Most places that go through a hurricane lose power and have extensive damage. I was in the U.S. Coast Guard and spent a lot of time in post-hurricane recovery. I don't know how many people I pulled off of roofs due to extensive flooding. I was in the aviation branch so our helicopters were needed extensively after disasters. Be safe and be careful.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Thanks Mel, Debbie wasn't much of a cyclone by the time she got to me.
A really bad storm at best. But she did some big damage a few hours north of here!
Still, thousands of people around here without power because of trees being knocked over...
I'll check on the roof and the scooter in the morning when I can see what's going on.
It's blown over and gone now, but I think I'll have some cleaning up to do come morning.
Dam, I left the Jeep outside. I bet I wasn't lucky enough for a tree to fall on it, though... :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thanks Mel, Debbie wasn't much of a cyclone by the time she got to me.
A really bad storm at best. But she did some big damage a few hours north of here!
Still, thousands of people around here without power because of trees being knocked over...
I'll check on the roof and the scooter in the morning when I can see what's going on.
It's blown over and gone now, but I think I'll have some cleaning up to do come morning.
Dam, I left the Jeep outside. I bet I wasn't lucky enough for a tree to fall on it, though... :lol:
Nature does remind us every now and then of who is in charge. . .

Glad you are OK.

When you emerge, follow the Yellow Brick Road. . .

Sorry. . .I know it's not funny. When Storm Sandy hit us a few years ago in New England, L.I. Sound came up to my neighbor's driveway. That was close. . .
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DAB »

25 years ago I was working 150 miles inland from Mackay, I think they got it bad.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
MayHem

Post by MayHem »

I'm living in Brisbane at the moment chicaboo but moving to the sunshine coast soon. My power didn't go out at Salisbury at all thank god and no damage or trees blown down.

Yes DAB Mackay and the surrounds got battered by 260km/h winds, fair bit of damage. The system became ex-tropical shortly after it hit the landmass and then made its way south down the inland of the east coast and dumped closed to a metre of rain in some places (friends had 800mm inland from the Gold Coast). Now there is flooding in most low lying areas today.

Cheers
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Well, the scooter and Jeep survived. I've done the cleanup around the yard already, and I now have a nice stack of tree branches and debris.
No new damage to the roof or TV antenna, but the pool is green already. I dare say all the chlorinated saltwater has been exchanged with stormwater.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:Well, the scooter and Jeep survived. I've done the cleanup around the yard already, and I now have a nice stack of tree branches and debris.
No new damage to the roof or TV antenna, but the pool is green already. I dare say all the chlorinated saltwater has been exchanged with stormwater.
Ah well, there you go. What can I say?

I'm seriously struggling
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

you you wrote:
chicaboo wrote:Well, the scooter and Jeep survived. I've done the cleanup around the yard already, and I now have a nice stack of tree branches and debris.

I'm seriously struggling
What, like this puppy?

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Well. . .that ain't no Cattle Dog. . .looks like it may have some Corgi in it?

Probably will be a real belly dragger when it grows up if it's owner spoils it with treats. :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:
you you wrote:

I'm seriously struggling
What, like this puppy?

A lot like that :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry about the scoot fall and the weather. Glad things have calmed down guys and that no one was hurt.

The U.S. has just gone through some nasty and unusual weather too. On the Island, we've had relentless wind and downpours for 2 days. It stopped late this morning. Wind remains as does the unseasonable temp of 35 degrees. I went out for groceries and the parking lot was flooded. Traffic is building everywhere because of it.

Yes, "Times, They Are A-Changing"

On topic again. Lesson Learned: Keep bike off grass while the sky is crying buckets of tears. Your scoot on it's stand (either or of them) will sink, become unsteady and....yes, lie down as you've witnessed. Not purdy.
Instead try to find solid ground (concrete). If you think about covering it, Don't. In high winds the air will get up under it and Sail Away knocking your bike over (somewhere).

I'll put the brakes on my chatter as this could be/should be(?) be a whole different topic in itself - "prepping your scoot outside for the storm."

Again I'm glad ya'll are safe and sound and able to ride. Cheers to that! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I don't know about Mayhem, but I'm mostly flooded in where I live.
The only way out of my area is the HWY, and it's a roadblock ATM...
I have a meeting at the office tomorrow morning, so that will be fun. :|
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hope all is returning to normal back in Australia. Roads cleared yet for riding?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I only go riding on weekends if I have the time, so I haven't been out exploring yet.
I'm hoping to go for a ride to the mountains this weekend and check out the waterfalls.