shipping fail...

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

shipping fail...

Post by homie »

Anyone have experience with online purchases being delivered to another town or city. Ebay vendor says they had the right address for the Schuberth visor I bought from them, tracking reports destination delivered. Not sure whats next, If any have had something so lame like this let me know :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: shipping fail...

Post by Mel46 »

First and foremost check everywhere around your home's entry. I had a package delivered under my car once, and another time the 'Ring and run' guy threw the package (small item) toward my door and then drive off. The package ended up in the bushes in front of our house, where we located it after checking with UPS to make sure it had been delivered. We do not use our front door because the porch is too narrow for anyone to comfortably walk on. We have signs that tell them to come to the carport door, with an arrow painted on the sign. I even put a chain across the entry to the porch. Yet, every day I have to check the front porch because the FedEx people can't seem to understand signs, and they climb over the chain and sign, and leave the package on the porch, between the screen door and entry door. Every single day something new happens with package delivery that makes me want to drag the delivery person over to the sign and ask them to please read the sign!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel, the Delivery was to an address in another township... not even my town. Some kind of silliness, just wanted to know if anyone has ask for a full refund from ebay for something like this. I assume the seller will have to file a claim to recover his loss from the freight service but I think I get my 100.00 back from Ebay right? Amazon refunds customers no matter what if not received.

Tracking #:RF601158430GB
Carrier:Royal Mail

Mar-18-17, 11:05 AM, JOLIET, IL 60436
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Hey, never mind eBay gives full refund including shipping SWEET!
Seller has to file a claim with the USPO <---- there's the FAIL right there LOL

Somebody signed for and is looking at a visor tonight thinking... hell I'm supose to do with this!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Did you pay with PayPal?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:Did you pay with PayPal?
nope, just CC
Ask ebay to hold off on refunding me just yet. Will contact the post office Monday and see if they can recover it. If they sound like they don't care then yes refund from ebay, reorder from seller IF he has another. Then I'm going to watch local CL for the person who received it to post it for sale :lol: They must have noticed the receipt and value it enough not to toss it out. Might get lucky and buy it back for 20.00
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have had the post office deliver my goods to "someone" before, just not me. Trying to get the post office to follow up on something they messed up on is usually like trying to toss a bull. In fact, I have actually had the post office "lose" something that I shipped and no sign of the item any where. It just disappeared...hmmmm...sure! The post office knew what was in the package because I had to tell them. So what do you think??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Really? :lol: a shipping question in the Forza 125 tech help board? Should I be concerned about ya homie? More caffeine or not enough? :lol:
Sincerely, I hope your visor quickly finds it's way to you.
And...No, that has not happened to me (oh Gosh, did I just jinx meself?) Probably :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

If they deliver to the the wrong place, and you can prove that (you say it went to a different town) then how can they not be liable for losses and compensation to the value of the item?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

iceman wrote:If they deliver to the the wrong place, and you can prove that (you say it went to a different town) then how can they not be liable for losses and compensation to the value of the item?
The US Postal Service isn't going to be much help for anything lost unfortunatley.

So this is how it plays out when the USPO delivers your widget to someone else by mistake.

1. You fill out the USPO online lost package form and wait, in my experience nothing happens and still nothing to date :roll:

2. You open a resolution case with Amazon or ebay and this starts a clock ticking for a refund as they WILL after some back and forth with the seller give a full refund (including shipping which was substantial for an item from the UK) even though its a post office mistake not the sellers error.

3. You could stop at this point but that's not right as the shipper gets burned in the end and in this case if you think the USPO is hard on US citizens in claims for lost items (unresponsive to calls or form mail) you can imagine if a foreign country tried to talk to them.

So I talked to a post office employee who isn't working at the one in question and made a friend :D She seemed to be sympathetic and gave me more information as to the whereabouts of my package (not suppose to do that but she did) Then Homie had an address which turned out to be one of Amazon's MEGA box locations in a neighboring township. (You know, the reason your widget from Bangkok can get to you in a day if it's a popular one). Somewhere amidst endless pallets of packages was my special order visor 8) How did I find it? It's AMAZON! NOT the post office, they are AWESOME, efficient and a magnificent example of successful capitalism. They know where everything is, even when it's not theirs :lol:

Conclusion; Homie gets widget, seller gets resolution case closed before refund activated and life is good! In hind sight one could have recovered the widget and taken the refund.... buts where's the Jesus in that.