Useful additions

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PJDawgs
Year: 2013
Color: Husker Red

Re: Useful additions

Post by PJDawgs »

atpcop wrote:A tunnel bag is a superb addition. Makes the PCX look better and adds a lot more storage space!
Atpcop I wasn't sure what a tunnel bag was so I Google searched quickly. I need to maybe sit down and do a good search and add one to my scooter additions. I currently am using the "tank" bag from cycle gear that I hung from handlebar and it comfortably sits on the gas tank flap. It is simple to slide over when needing gas and has been very stable. I would post pictures if I knew how on the forum. I guess I could take photo and post to my Facebook and post link but that takes people away from forum. Here is the tank bag I am using and working great but I do think tunnel bag could be in my future.
http://www.facebook.com/Herbie2PCX
PJDawgs

Post by PJDawgs »

Well I can't figure out how to edit as I forgot to put link to tank bag I mentioned above - https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/b ... c-tank-bag
Someday I will learn more about photos, edited etc. Sorry for being a newbie. At least I try!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Bunch of my favorite additions and adjustments. Note there are product details in annotation in this video that cannot be see on all devices. Best viewed on a computer in HD full screen.

Coastal Mountainer
Color: black

Post by Coastal Mountainer »

I guess I don't understand the connection between the Prestige emblem and PCX's. What's up?
2014 CTX 700dct Red (glad I got it)

2013 PCX 150 Black (wish I could have kept it)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Coastal Mountainer wrote:I guess I don't understand the connection between the Prestige emblem and PCX's. What's up?
:lol: Exclusive club, I blame it on WhiteNoise. The Prestige badges tuned up on SOME but not all early PCX's. Like the Fuel Injected badge we see on late model Honda PCX's now. Honda seems inconstant with their badges so it sparks the individuality struggle need in the brain. Just have to have one because... and I have both FI and Prestige. youyou would say waste of time and money but that dosent stop the itch to hunt them down on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-PCX-125-1 ... v-&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172234721794

But this is "useful additions" thread and these are not... here comes youyou now to punt me :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"Club Prestige," has that certain ring to it 8)
Sure, sure...I'll take the blame cuzz I loves 'em!
And lookie look! :lol: So does 2yous! (Mounted in the black version)
file.jpeg
file.jpeg (425.37 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Still Diggin' that Gator/Croc looking saddle too!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie where did you place the FI sticker on your Precious? (Only one placed, correct)?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie where did you place the FI sticker on your Precious? (Only one placed, correct)?
OH that youyou... :lol:
The single silver/blue PGM-FI fuel injection emblem first noticed on some 2016 models goes on the left upper fairing. I say emblem because unlike the metal Prestige badge its rubber. youyou dosent have the FI so he's not in the club anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (181.61 KiB) Viewed 947 times
guiri

Post by guiri »

WhiteNoise wrote:"Club Prestige," has that certain ring to it 8)
Sure, sure...I'll take the blame cuzz I loves 'em!
And lookie look! :lol: So does 2yous! (Mounted in the black version)
file.jpeg
Still Diggin' that Gator/Croc looking saddle too!
Dat dere's a purdy scooter WhiteNoise

:)
PJDawgs

Post by PJDawgs »

Here is the video for the helmet hook I mentioned in my long list of additions. I thought this guy was funny and explained very well. I will have to do a video like Howie did with all my list of accessories. But again this is my favorite and inexpensive investment.
[youtube] https://youtu.be/_P5i86XC6ps [/youtube]
https://youtu.be/_P5i86XC6ps

So glad I figured out how to post pictures, videos etc. Now I can make better comments about things and show some of my rides etc. I also post a lot on my scooter Facebook page about rides, videos, pictures etc.
Attachments
20170316_003606.jpg
20170316_003606.jpg (807.36 KiB) Viewed 930 times
PJDawgs

Post by PJDawgs »

So I figured out pictures let's see if I can actually finally figure out video. Sorry for all the separate posts, still learning.

Plus like I mentioned few posts back use this code to save
OWSCsave$3
guiri

Post by guiri »

I was going to comment when you said you didn't know how to post a video which you did or at least a link to it
but maybe you wanted to embed one? I've never done it either but I'm going to try. If it works, here's how you do it.
When you go to the full editor mode, instead of doing the IMG option (clicking it I mean), try the youtube button
and paste the link.

Ok, so here goes :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P5i86X ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Well, that didn't work :(

Well, poop. that didn't work either. Now it does. Fixed! WN :D

Maybe someone can help you. I'd like to learn too 'cause I've never done it.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

guiri wrote:I was going to comment when you said you didn't know how to post a video which you did or at least a link to it
but maybe you wanted to embed one? I've never done it either but I'm going to try. If it works, here's how you do it.
When you go to the full editor mode, instead of doing the IMG option (clicking it I mean), try the youtube button
and paste the link.

Ok, so here goes :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[b]_P5i86XC6ps[/b]&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Well, that didn't work :(

[youtube]https://youtu.be/[b]_P5i86XC6ps[/b][/youtube]

Well, poop. that didn't work either. Maybe someone can help you. I'd like to learn too 'cause I've never done it.
(youtube)_P5i86XC6ps(/youtube) replace () with [] and you get the embedding:

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

We don't use D rings on our modern helmets boys :D Doesn't mean it won't work with the latch, just no way to lock it.

Hanging un-secured helmets off the bike is pretty risky business given the cost of a decent helmet being 2-500.00 Adding your Sena bluetooth electronics brings the value of a Schuberth to around 600.00 and that's all a crack head needs to get a fix around here. I do like the simplicity of that device for a scooter and a 40.00 helmet. But even the cheap WOW helmets have latches so let me know how it goes with the latch.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi there guiri :) welcome aboard our forums!
Yah, you like that Red shiny scoot above? That beauty belongs to member you you, I took it upon myself to show off his black prestige badge(s) and then the body grew around it :lol: (he won't mind ;) See his custom seat?

Okay, I see chicaboo helped you out with imbedding a youtube. Cheers for that CB!

We want you to succeed (others too) so I'll elaborate on the process (I'm the chatty moderator :oops:) O.K. Moving on...

1) click the youtube button found above on the post reply message board
2) go to the youtube video that you want to imbed
3) highlight everything AFTER the = sign in that link and then
4) cut it
5) and go back and paste it between the inner brackets of the [youtube][/youtube] that you created in step 1
6) hit the preview button found below your message to check that it works
7) Did it? Cool! Then hit submit if your done/satisfied.

Any Questions? Ask away.
Easy right? Submit youtubes often, and you'll do it 1,2,3.

Alright, Now "I" have a request guiri, would you please go back and enter your location in your
Profile. It will help All of us now and in the future should you have a question or problem. I have easy directions below my post to get that done. Thank you and "Happy YouTubing!"
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Re the helmet hook, I am not a fan either. Crooked Folks will look at that and smirk saying, "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"
Seriously? a hex key got her on, and a hex key can get her off. Bad boys/gals carry "stuff" to make their jobs go faster. The added padlock has no affect when it comes to removing that hat hanger. Right? In the Big Apple (NY) a hex key might look like a toothpick in one of those Bad mouths...Ha! Think that's funny? Bet its been done here already!
Otherwise that Hook looks pretty neat. I'd say that back in the 60's would be a proper time (on my Island) to try this one. But nah, Not ta-day :|
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Seriously how hard would it be to make a helmet that had its own security hardware. Jeeez you'd think a simple rubber coated cable swinging out from under the shell would be better than nothing. I have to carry my lid into stores and taco bell... its embarrassing :oops: This is all about liability and makers not wanting to get sued for ANY innovation that would certainly be a popular security feature for a common inconvenience.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Off the top of my head...for one, ya Gotta keep the "lid weight"down. Some of us ( :D ) add more weight right away to our lids. If manufacturers add a lock of some sort, then they'll have to cut corners elsewhere,... No?
Geez, can I get a hair dryer with that AGV lid over there? :lol:

homie, I loved when cars were cars...think muscle cars. Made of steel. (Costly) Fiberglass came along and burst my late 60's-70's bubble. Why? Keeping the weight down boyz. Among other reasons, you know :roll:

I'm not embarressed bringing my lid inside places, what I don't like is carrying it. I want free hands to shop and carry. Ah well, it is what it is.

Got any ideas homie? You must. You're mind and mine never stop. My God! Can we send them on a vacation to LaLaLand. Works for others :lol: I Better stop right here. Bub-bye

Sorry peeps...Back on topic! I got stuff to share with yas later. Off to Nursing Home. Be Pleasant folks!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: Got any ideas homie? You must. You're mind and mine never stop.
I could easily fix this but then something might end up wedged in my scull if I crashed sooooo maybe not tempt fate. There was a guy who died with his GoPro jammed through his helmet a while back if you remember o_O
PJDawgs

Post by PJDawgs »

homie wrote:We don't use D rings on our modern helmets boys :D Doesn't mean it won't work with the latch, just no way to lock it.

Hanging un-secured helmets off the bike is pretty risky business given the cost of a decent helmet being 2-500.00 Adding your Sena bluetooth electronics brings the value of a Schuberth to around 600.00 and that's all a crack head needs to get a fix around here. I do like the simplicity of that device for a scooter and a 40.00 helmet. But even the cheap WOW helmets have latches so let me know how it goes with the latch.
I don't have a cheap helmet but also not the world's most expensive but my helmet has D rings. And everyone around here has same type of straps on their helmets with exceptional of one person that added a quick release.
I personally haven't added Bluetooth or anything like that as I am not interested.
I never considered Kansas city to be Mayberry but wow I have never had issues leaving my helmet on my hook or prior to adding the hook when using the difficult seat hook and cable thing that Honda (and most scooters) have. Those are typically a pain in the arse. I like when we make quick stops (gas or photo opportunities) or maybe waiting at meet ups to just hang my helmet and it is just right there. While I do have a lock I will say I rarely even use the lock, even when go in restaurant or store etc. I have 2 pretty nice helmets. Neither have electronics added but both are full face. One is HJC other is even a custom painted patriotic that the custom paint was more than cost of a high quality helmet.
Again maybe I live in Mayberry or am naive but wow. What do you all do in regards to scooter security??? I never even lock the fork, use any type of lock or even the thing that you flip to cover key hole on the PCX when out. Now when I return home it does go in my locked garage but I have been to rallies and on rides all over the metro. Shoot I even conceal carry for safety and obviously don't want my scooter stolen or helmet for that matter. Sorry you all must live in some rough areas.