Three Wheeling

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Three Wheeling

Post by WhiteNoise »

(Did you see my last post? before this one? No? Then go on back please b4 proceeding :D )

"Cars" movie? This one def looks the part!
Powered by a 2009 Honda Silverwing, here's the Corbin Sparrow.
Hmm, these bird's quickly Flew the coop!

Watch and for Gosh Sakes o_O DON'T Sneeze!

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Itsa Super-Trike!! (You like?)
Look at it Face on. Reminds me of a Disney Pixar member from "Cars?" Perhaps a Future "Ghost" Cars flick? :lol:
I calls this one "Alien White"
http://newatlas.com/terracraft-tilting- ... ult-widget
I didn't see it at first, but in the head-on shot (2nd pic), it looks like she is on the trike with him ... notice how long "his" hair is in the wind, blowing to our left and his right. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Want a Corbin now
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

you you wrote:Want a Corbin now
You could call it Jeremy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That Sparrow would be a squashed bird in our traffic here in Atlanta, where the biggest car wins, and stop lights are a suggestion if your car (or SUV) costs more than most people's homes.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel, did you see the White 3 wheeler I posted on the page before this? That one may keep up with your roadie's Big Boys Toys! In fact they'd probably ride alongside trying to figure out..."What the Hell is That!!??"

2yous, Cool right? Compact and loaded with goodies. Starter up via remote like Jagger.
Order me one too pleeze? I shall calls it "Tipsy" :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I saw that white one, and you are right. Drivers would wonder what it is. In fact, some would probably pull up to it at a light and ask about it. There are some unique 3 wheelers here but most don't run on the freeways as the freeways aren't friendly to man or beast. I saw some up in the North Georgia mountains though that were running with the big boys. One of them was owned by a vet with a partial leg. We were all glad to see that he had found a way to ride. Unique but it works.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Mel, did you see the White 3 wheeler I posted on the page before this? That one may keep up with your roadie's Big Boys Toys! In fact they'd probably ride alongside trying to figure out..."What the Hell is That!!??"

2yous, Cool right? Compact and loaded with goodies. Starter up via remote like Jagger.
Order me one too pleeze? I shall calls it "Tipsy" :P

You couldn't be unhappy if you had one. It's the car equivelant of a dancing chihuahua
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: very funny analogy! Likey
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I rode my friends 2016 Can Am Spyder ST this past Sunday (7.9.17). I never rode one so it was a first for me.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (133.16 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
The trans was left in the automatic mode so I had to Shift up manually using the bar paddle. All downshifting was automatic (the Can Am Trans took over). There are other modes to choose from should you wish to shift both up and down. I believe they call that the Sport mode. First gear was abrupt, it banged/clunked in. Takes a few rides to get use to, I was told. The remainder were fine. It has a reverse button too. There's No clutch, No hand brakes. Just One single (smallish) foot brake pad located on right upper floorboard. I found the footbrake to small and awkward to use. I decided to hover near it and then over it during my ride. Not sure IF that positioning would be a safe habit to get into (muscle memory) for sudden emergencies. Wait a minute though....this bike has ABS and perhaps (?) traction control. You need space to turn this baby around. A typical U-turn felt a chore and it got me in my right shoulder. The bars are wide folks (but after riding a PCX what would one expect :lol: ) it stopped very well with two up (me with a pillion) but as I mentioned, that little foot brake pad was tucked in and small. Could it be that my all-day-long numb-ish foot was to blame? Yeah, let's say it didn't help in my braking or review :oops:
All lighting is LED. The front seemed sufficient the rear not so much. I was surprised to see rear turn signals sticking out like our earlier PCX models had. They are Not imbedded. The look is odd on such a high tech digi machine. Hmm...

The front underhood trunk space is impressive. Deep and roomy. The battery compartment is under the front hood too. It came with a battery tender pigtail poking out for easy connectivity. A Useful extra. Also under the hood was a port for hooking up a laptop (for servicing?) and another with a temperature symbol on it (servicing?) Whatever, I wasn't much interested in that.

How about the sound peeps? 8) The sound was just enough for me, not a purr, not a growl...somewhere in between, in the comfort zone. The saddle was roomy and comfortable so was the passenger area. There's an $800.00 backrest optioned in on this bike o_O that I did feel was needed. I rode back there for awhile as pillion :P Comfy and feeling secure and holding onto large rubber passenger rails. Even my Mom would feel safe (uhh, make that 40 years ago)!

The ride itself was odd (no lean), and Shifting was odd (no clutch lever, no left foot shifter). When you shift in the auto mode, you Do Not let off the throttle! You maintain speed and tap the shift paddle into next gear. That was so odd! It took me 20 mins to stop myself from letting off the throttle. Try it people!

Overall I liked it. Would I buy one today? No, not likely. It's big, it takes up a narrow road in a heartbeat and that can get tricky with the width of this bike. Watch yer speed and the shoulder folks! You could run off easily at speed in tight spots. Oh, and let's talk potholes and sunken man hole covers.
We dislike them anywho but.... Picture this: your "steering" a Can Am down the road and spot a pocket ahead. You have no other lane to move into. Whatcha gonna do? If you straddle that upcoming pocket smack between its' 2 front wheels, the rear wheel is going to nail it! Bam! ouch! Puncture?
You must remember at all times that you have a single mounted rear wheel behind you. Why? so that you can avoid any type of obstacle, be it below or above surface on the road. Move the bike a bit to the left or right prior to the obstacle if lane width and oncoming traffic permit. Reasoning is to avoid a Rear Direct hit. Did that all make sense? I learned this years back on my leaning 3-wheel Piaggio MP3. I quickly learned that my friend was unaware when he hit a deep manhole cover with me sitting pillion. Don't ask, I'll tell ya...my back took the blow! It was then that I passed this knowledge onto my friend. With eyes wide, it never crossed his mind.

Wow! Tooo much talk :oops: I'm hitting the submit button right now!!
Warning, I will be back. I submitted before I asked my question and that was the reason for this post. Damn! WN, how does this happen? Blah, blah blah!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My wife and I always look over Can-Ams when they pull into a parking space near us. We have always wondered how they ride. Now we know. I am concerned about not only the wide handlebars (my wife is only 5 ft. tall, so she has somewhat shorter arms than I do), but also the brake setup. Actually, I am thinking that the ideal thing for her is a triked version of the PCX. I have no idea where i would find one of those, though. Still, if it keeps raining like it has been we will have to trade the bikes in for jet skis!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Wow! Tooo much talk :oops: I'm hitting the submit button right now!!
Warning, I will be back. I submitted before I asked my question and that was the reason for this post. Damn! WN, how does this happen? Blah, blah blah!
And then and then and then. . .. o_O

Great product description. . .the pic kind of makes me think of riding on a dog with a wagging tail. :lol:

Arlo. . .take it away. . .the long and winding road of motorcycledom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHmnUMuFhE :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: jetski's! That is funny but all the rain is not. As a matter of fact, it's raining and thundering right now. Friday's forcast heavy rain - possible flooding. So I hear ya Mel :|
I bet you two would like to hit the roadways again as freely as you felt before your accident. Time heals but scars remain. We move on just the same. So I agree, I think your wife would feel more confident handling a PCX trike (two in back, 1 front). You want to see her riding smile again, and she yours. Shoot! I'd be happy just reading about both your smiles :P
So I did a quick Google search and up popped a place in Port St. Lucie, Florida that builds, sells, and installs on your bike or theirs, trike conversions. Or, you can buy and install one yourself on your bike. Not a tow-pac, this kit is two rear wheels, a true trike (they claim) 8)
Perhaps you've investigated their website before but if not it maybe worth a look. On their build, safety and quality I do not know. See what ya'll think ;)
http://www.tcscooters.com/trikes.htm
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: PCX150Rider hardy har har har! And then...and then :P
Back atcha... "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch....."
Never heard that Arlo pickle sickle cycle dumber than dumb song. Was it ever a hit? Glad I missed that one if it was.
I could say more on the Can Am, it Is different that's for sure!
Adjustable windshield! Nice. Stereo speaker ready, emergency flashers, accessory ready. I saw several knock-out caps i.e. gps? The rear tire is fat ass :lol: Cool look!
Hand/wind guards - nice!
Okay enough suffering. I'm done. (Ya think? :lol: )

Here's the Question I've been meaning to ask as a favor to my friend:
Is there a product that can remove scuff marks on the rubber passenger side handles. Most likely caused from boots or sneakers while mounting/dismounting. I was told the bike was scuffed like that when bought. It was a floor model. Any removal recommendations are appreciated.
I shall pass them on.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX trike pics off the www.
Are there 2 wheels or 3 wheels in the rear?
Attachments
PCXtakatuki-512x384.jpg
PCXtakatuki-512x384.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
original5_img022.jpg
original5_img022.jpg (114.83 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
original5_img001.jpg
original5_img001.jpg (106.02 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

:lol: PCX150Rider hardy har har har! And then...and then :P
Back atcha... "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch....."
Never heard that Arlo pickle sickle cycle dumber than dumb song. Was it ever a hit? Glad I missed that one if it was.
I could say more on the Can Am, it Is different that's for sure!
Adjustable windshield! Nice. Stereo speaker ready, emergency flashers, accessory ready. I saw several knock-out caps i.e. gps? The rear tire is fat ass :lol: Cool look!
Hand/wind guards - nice!
Okay enough suffering. I'm done. (Ya think? :lol: )
WN - Alice's Restaurant. . .great movie. . .great album. . .hence the "Motorcycle Song". ;)

But. . .in another venue. . .in another time. . .there was some significance. . .with a related song. . .you gotta remember.

Well. . .what else is 18 minutes and umpteen seconds long I ask ya? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HX_UljHZmM :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

PCX trike pics off the www.
Are there 2 wheels or 3 wheels in the rear?
Two wheels! ;)

Honda should do some marketing research to see if offering an OEM trike version from either the PCX or Forza model line. . .more likely the PCX though (IMHO). . . would be worth the while. As more and more motorcyclists age onward and as more people have mobility difficulties due to diabetes, arthritis, sports injuries, veterans challenges, etc. . .I think a "trike" scooter you can buy off the showroom floor would be a great idea. That being said in the big picture the scooter market in the U.S. is not huge. . .or at least not as robust as in some other countries. . .but as time marches on perhaps people will begin to see the "light" due to necessity, financial strife, rising fuel costs, and the list goes on.

The Harley trikes are selling. . .and at over $28K OTD a copy that's a lot of coin. If you have a healthy wallet then easy come easy go but if you are struggling a trike at about 1/5th the cost could be an affordable alternative. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

WE, I looked at that website that you gave that is in Florida. I don't like the look of the after-product. The rear wheels are too far back.
As for the pictures of the pcx trikes, Wow! Those are what my wife wants. If hers could be modified like that, she would be thrilled. I don't know how we would be able to store it for he winter, but we would figure it out.

But still there is the rain. Ugh! I had to get out there with the lawn mower on soaking wet grass just to cut some of it down and make our lawn less like a jungle. Many of our neighbors have a lawn service. We can't afford one. We have an IRS bill...and that big surgery bill that we are paying in little installments. (It might get paid off by the time I am dead. :-/ ). Being retired and on a fixed income does not take into account the politics that can break your piggy bank, like the Obamacare that caused me to have an IRS debt for the second time. If we don't get it there is a penalty. If we do get it there is a bill because THEY didn't calculate something correctly. Just leave us old folks alone, so that we can get our lawns cut!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Warms me heart :)
Some more 3 wheels for the handicapped. Is that a PCX?
https://youtu.be/JFsnWi3-Kh0
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

WhiteNoise wrote:Firefly
This is so cool! I just saw this on facebook and I had to share it! My Mom's in a wheelchair but she's too old to use this. I applaud the creator and all parties involved that made this :P

It Goes In Reverse Too!! 8)

Their Website: http://www.rollick.biz
Once the govt finds out about this "your license please, insurance card, and tag registration". and keep your hands where I can see them .