Rear wheel noise...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jhongskiecruz
Year: 2015
Color: gray

Re: Rear wheel noise...

Post by jhongskiecruz »

this is funny, i went to honda service center this morning and i made a complain about that annoying sounds, i got a replied from them and they said it is a normal sound,they compared the sound from a brand new PCX.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

jhongskiecruz wrote:this is funny, i went to honda service center this morning and i made a complain about that annoying sounds, i got a replied from them and they said it is a normal sound,they compared the sound from a brand new PCX.
Did you hear the noise from a new one or just their word? Mine makes a noise when I rotate the wheel on the stand or when the engine if off and I am rolling the park around the garden or parking, etc, but it's not gotten worse than it was 9 months ago. Can't say I noticed any noise from new, just about 9000 miles in.
If the new one is like it, it came from the factory with not enough grease - and they must know of the problem, just saying it isn't one because Honda and them do not want to do the work.
jhongskiecruz
Color: gray

Post by jhongskiecruz »

iceman wrote:
jhongskiecruz wrote:this is funny, i went to honda service center this morning and i made a complain about that annoying sounds, i got a replied from them and they said it is a normal sound,they compared the sound from a brand new PCX.
Did you hear the noise from a new one or just their word? Mine makes a noise when I rotate the wheel on the stand or when the engine if off and I am rolling the park around the garden or parking, etc, but it's not gotten worse than it was 9 months ago. Can't say I noticed any noise from new, just about 9000 miles in.
If the new one is like it, it came from the factory with not enough grease - and they must know of the problem, just saying it isn't one because Honda and them do not want to do the work.
They did not allowed me to get in,the mechanic came out and he said this word, nothing to worry dude everything is ok,the sound is almost the same with the new PCX. or maybe they don't want to repair it cuz my warranty will expire this coming 17 of march, in short delaying tactics from their side.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

If the dealer has a new PCX in the showroom, there's nothing stopping you from spinning the wheel for comparison.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

If that dealer is the only one around there then he might have a problem, especially if they don't want to repair it by way of the warranty. They know that they can put it off. When I was in Wellington it seemed like a very nice place to live, and the people were very friendly. however, I am sure that there are businesses there that are just like any where else in the world. Some are honest, and some are not.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, what chicaboo said, perhaps approach the situation this way:

Go back to dealership. If there's a 2015 PCX on the showroom floor find a salesperson and ask him to please put it up on its' center-stand.
Once up, (and with salesperson nearby) "You" spin the rear wheel in the direction of travel. Hear anything? Does the salesman?
If you/he/both hear the noise then ask that salesmen to please get a service tech or service writer or service manager to come take a listen.
Then deal with it from there and please report back here.

I have returned to a few dealerships over the years owning different bikes just to compare my bike to the same showroom floor bike. Various reasons but here's a simple example:
I thought a tool kit came with my bike? :roll: Hmm...think I'll go back to the dealership and look at the same year bike. Ha!! See that, I'm suppose to have one! TaDah
Hand one over and thank you kindly :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jhongskiecruz wrote:
iceman wrote:
They did not allowed me to get in,the mechanic came out and he said this word, nothing to worry dude everything is ok,the sound is almost the same with the new PCX. or maybe they don't want to repair it cuz my warranty will expire this coming 17 of march, in short delaying tactics from their side.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt it as warranty repairs are good business
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

My PCX has a low roar when you spin the rear wheel and I was convinced it was a worn bearing. I mentioned it to the dealer on my last visit, their mechanic listened to it and laughed. Hs suggested I went into the showroom and spin the wheel on any PCX and you'll hear that same noise. He was correct.

I can't say that's what's wrong with your bike, but I'd suggest you take that advice and try for yourself. Dealers don't usually turn away easy repairs, it's all money.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Must be faulty bearings from new then as many reported the noise came and got worse over time, not present when new, and new bearings sorted it. There may be some noise as it seems Honda's production line people sometimes do not place enough, or any?, grease in the bearings and therefore people hear noise or suffer from problems down the line.

My bike was almost silent from new when pushing it a low speed around the yard or parking, now there is always that 'bearing' noise of the rear wheel as it turns when rolling the bike or when on the centre stand. Not bad enough to get the issue seen to yet, just annoying and not present from new.