The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:49 am 

Year: 2011
Color: black
Hi guys I have a kit Big Pit kit yuminashi 164 Honda pcx. Today I get the cable that is synchronized between the pgm and the computer in the direction of it's enough, I went through everything and I just want to be sure, does anyone know where the AFR tab is located into the program i download from yuminashi site ? And what is the best ratio for 164cc
thanks

Temporarily banned until March 1st, 2017 (8:45 EST) for misconduct. Don't be like me; behave yourself!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 am 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2013
adam1711 wrote:
Hi guys I have a kit Big Pit kit yuminashi 164 Honda pcx. Today I get the cable that is synchronized between the pgm and the computer in the direction of it's enough, I went through everything and I just want to be sure, does anyone know where the AFR tab is located into the program i download from yuminashi site ? And what is the best ratio for 164cc
thanks

That's a tough questions to answer, the best AFR. You might need to get some books on the subject. Besides the AFR you also need to set the ignition advance and such. I believe that the OEM AFR is a narrow band sensor and won't be good enough to help tune your engine. Some peeps in here might be more helpful than myself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:48 am 

Gil wrote:
adam1711 wrote:
thanks

That's a tough questions to answer, the best AFR. You might need to get some books on the subject. Besides the AFR you also need to set the ignition advance and such. I believe that the OEM AFR is a narrow band sensor and won't be good enough to help tune your engine. Some peeps in here might be more helpful than myself.

hi man
thanks for the answer well you right i need to set the ignition and i wnt to rev limit,
i have all parts in my pcx so i have no problems.
164 big bore
camsgaft cnc yuminashi
valve spring
open air k&n filter
35mm thorttle body
31/35mm injector
pgm fi controller

Temporarily banned until March 1st, 2017 (8:45 EST) for misconduct. Don't be like me; behave yourself!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 am 

if someone can help with this to send me A file that has already been prepared on dyno
for honda pcx 125 upgrade to 164cc
i just want to rev limit and full mixture for best results
i have a problem with overheating because of that my friend tell me need to tuning the engine and download the afr for racing drive

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm 

I will greatly appreciate it
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 pm 
Regular User
Regular User

Do you have a link to your fuel controller, the pgm fi. While I haven't done any engine mods on my scoot, I have been interested in finding a stand alone solution. I would prefer to use the Microsquirt ECU, but it's not a plug and play.

Gil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2012
Try to shoot for 13.5 AFR for anything above 50% throttle and 13.2-13.0 for WOT for best performance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 am 

Oyabun wrote:
Try to shoot for 13.5 AFR for anything above 50% throttle and 13.2-13.0 for WOT for best performance.

thanks bro i try it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 am 

Gil wrote:
Do you have a link to your fuel controller, the pgm fi. While I haven't done any engine mods on my scoot, I have been interested in finding a stand alone solution. I would prefer to use the Microsquirt ECU, but it's not a plug and play.

Gil

this is my pgm :
http://www.yuminashi.eu/pgm-fi-controll ... 2009-2012/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:43 am 
Regular User
Regular User

Thank you, looks like you have the right tools for the job. On the description they say "for best performance which will be around 12.6 to 12.8:1 at wide open throttle.". That and what Oyabun said.

Gil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 am 

i try tuning manual in the pgm fi but cannot to rich the AFR. can upload only the RPM , IGNITION AND ACCELERATION . the air is mean acceleration?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 pm 
Regular User
Regular User

So, to enrichment the fuel mixture it has to be done with the knobs on the computer it self?

Gil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2012
You need a programming cable from Yuminashi to do accurate setup.
The three knobs allow crude fuel adjustments for three rpm ranges (similar to a carbs float level, needle and main jet adjsusts for low rpm, low load, cruise, hard accel) . The ignition adjusts spark advance) retard for the full rpm range, and acceleration works as an accel pump on a carburator.
Zoi can measure afr with an installed afr meter, wideband lambda sensor, or gas analyser. Best to set up fueling and ignition on a dyno, otherwise one needs a data logger and/or a clean empty road and lots of luck.
I suggest you educate yourself on tuning principles first. Learn importance of repeatable conditions, study topics including detonation due a lean condition, AFR tuning, effects of ignition advance and retard on knock and engine power.
A dull born Yuminashi kit has fairly high compression to start with, any fcukup with fueling can cause a thrown rod.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm 

Gil wrote:
So, to enrichment the fuel mixture it has to be done with the knobs on the computer it self?

Gil

yes i see in YouTube some video on grom
He explains there all the tabs in the software but his software is older than mine. I understood more or less what everything does, but I want to be sure that so I will not make a mistake. i spend alot of money in this kit. There is the issue with the ignition and the cooling fluid. High, I would be happy if someone could shed light and help a friend, thank you very much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 pm 

Oyabun wrote:
You need a programming cable from Yuminashi to do accurate setup.
The three knobs allow crude fuel adjustments for three rpm ranges (similar to a carbs float level, needle and main jet adjsusts for low rpm, low load, cruise, hard accel) . The ignition adjusts spark advance) retard for the full rpm range, and acceleration works as an accel pump on a carburator.
Zoi can measure afr with an installed afr meter, wideband lambda sensor, or gas analyser. Best to set up fueling and ignition on a dyno, otherwise one needs a data logger and/or a clean empty road and lots of luck.
I suggest you educate yourself on tuning principles first. Learn importance of repeatable conditions, study topics including detonation due a lean condition, AFR tuning, effects of ignition advance and retard on knock and engine power.
A dull born Yuminashi kit has fairly high compression to start with, any fcukup with fueling can cause a thrown rod.

thanks for your help bro I'll learn everything, the truth is that this engine really leaves dust on the road
very strong for little hp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 pm 

In fact, I'm willing to pay for a prepared file that has been run on dyno, If anyone has a forum here with suitable details for my model, I can send it as a whole. I want to enrich the mixture and not get at all to a poor mixture throughout the rpm, and rev limit
i have cable program for a.p.i tech
thanks