The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2012
Color: Silver
Heedehcheenuh wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
Heedehcheenuh wrote:
My 2015 Honda PCX 150 (K-18) ran 62-63mph on the rev limiter before the NCY variator change. I replaced it with the variator- face-13g rollers and saw the increase up to 70mph (speedometer) 73mph (GPS). I then installed the GIVI short windscreen and Leo Vince exhaust and she moved on up to 73mph (speedometer) but I have yet to check the GPS speed. I am pleased with the out come and may even do the gear change to help lower the rpm. I will so a bigger/taller rear tire also. Right now I am happy and she holds her own even on non busy interstate shots. I plan on keeping the PCX but also looking into another bigger bike/scoot as in the Kymco XTown 300i/Yamaha XMax/Suzuki Burgman 200/Sym CitiCom 300.

Any thoughts on doing a 175cc big bore kit while you're at it?

http://www.yuminashi.com/-pcx150-esp-17 ... ht-bore-k/

I was looking at the kits but not interested in then until this motor is ready to be overhauled. With just over 5k miles on the speddometer that will be some time lol. I may end up looking at the Kymco line first seeing as they are right across the state from me. Kymco USA being in Grenville S.C.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

p.s. I will plan on keeping the Honda but would like to have the bigger scooter/bike for long or touring rides.

I bought Kymco Downtown 300i and I'm very pleased with it. Everything looks one step better than pcx. Built quality isn't bad either. My pcx has yuminashi 164 kit installed and reaches 80 mph with 70 mph cruising speed but rest of the bike just can't cope with such speed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 am 
Regular User
Regular User

Year: 2015
Color: Black Metallic
lolofigo wrote:
I bought Kymco Downtown 300i and I'm very pleased with it. Everything looks one step better than pcx. Built quality isn't bad either. My pcx has yuminashi 164 kit installed and reaches 80 mph with 70 mph cruising speed but rest of the bike just can't cope with such speed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah the X-Town 300i will be released this year in the US. it will replace the Downtown 300i. They also replaced the 500 with the 400 so I need to find one to try out. I have R.A. stage 3-4 and have mobility issues that prevent me from riding a bike. Scooters make it so much easier.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

2 Wheels Down Head on a Swivel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm 

Year: 2015
Color: white
CaliCal wrote:
Putting their elaborate sales pitch aside, if you send an offset temperature reading to the computer and that changes the air/fuel mixture to be richer, wont that help with performance?

It does but the minor performance gains are not worth the side effects if you plan on keeping your scoot for a long time. The resistor trick basically makes your scoot run more rich, which will leave more carbon deposits on the cylinder and you'll get worse fuel economy. Eventually the carbon deposits will build up so much you will lose power when you start having compression issues (like those old 80's american cars that don't go very fast when you step on the gas).

At the risk of sounding like your dad, there's a reason Honda didn't include the resistor trick on every scooter from the factory. ;) Companies like that one you found sell mods like this because the bad side effects aren't immediately apparent and by the time you notice it, that company will be long gone.

CaliCal wrote:
Man, thats so disappointing but the notion that trying to make the PCX faster is a big headache and not worth makes me sad but it seems to make a lot of sense. At the end of the day I really enjoy riding my PCX but the power loss from the 2013 model is noticeable. Im going to order 13g rollers and put it in the stock vario. Might take a month or two but will report my findings back here. In the meantime, keep the comments rolling in on previous experiments.

Don't despair! I have the 13g's and a stock variator. Acceleration is very brisk, I can beat just about all traffic off the line and can keep pretty good pace with 250s. I don't think you need to change the variator on a PCX unless you intend to race it, IMO rollers alone can fix the acceleration issues.

Sounds like you were going to try the 13g, did they work out for you?