2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance information)

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black Metallic

Re: 2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance informatio

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:I'm counting on Chief to design this special NCY variator face tool... come on Chief you can do it.
I hope to have something done today. My R.A. hit me bad the past few days and I have been out of commission. Both hands are the size of softball gloves and it take just about all day to get them down so I can pick up a cup of coffee much less turn a wrench lol. :oops: What I will make will be simple to use and anyone can make it from material from any hardware store. I May even make a video on how to use the tool. I am still trying to figure out how to post images here........ :( .

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
2015 Honda PCX 150 (K-18)
Metallic Black
Leo Vince GP Corsa Exhaust
NCY Variator Kit and Drive Face with 18g rollers
Givi Windscreen D1136T
2 Wheels Down Head on a Swivel
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:
homie wrote:I'm counting on Chief to design this special NCY variator face tool... come on Chief you can do it.
I hope to have something done today. I May even make a video on how to use the tool. I am still trying to figure out how to post images here........ :(
That's GREAT Chief! Sorry about the arthritis, I have the myalgia but do whatever it takes to keep inflammation down and push on. Yes I was thinking common over the counter bits from the hardware store could fashion something like this if you're up for the walk about. I actually enjoy (like you) going on the scavenger hunt. I have a tendency to put things in my pockets when hands are full but the store security knows this and gives me the full walk to the vehicle before they get excited apparently. The last time I realized halfway to the car I had stuff in my jacket pocket and went back the service desk to confess the clerk said security was right behind me and laughed. Now one of managers smiles as I exit check out "anything in the pockets today?" embarrassing but funny :oops: those ceiling cams are real I guess.

I will give you instruction on resizing and posting pictures and if you have a youtube account embedding vids into this forum is easy.
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:
Heedehcheenuh wrote:
I hope to have something done today. I May even make a video on how to use the tool. I am still trying to figure out how to post images here........ :(
That's GREAT Chief! Sorry about the arthritis, I have the myalgia but do whatever it takes to keep inflammation down and push on. Yes I was thinking common over the counter bits from the hardware store could fashion something like this if you're up for the walk about. I actually enjoy (like you) going on the scavenger hunt. I have a tendency to put things in my pockets when hands are full but the store security knows this and gives me the full walk to the vehicle before they get excited apparently. The last time I realized halfway to the car I had stuff in my jacket pocket and went back the service desk to confess the clerk said security was right behind me and laughed. Now one of managers smiles as I exit check out "anything in the pockets today?" embarrassing but funny :oops: those ceiling cams are real I guess.

I will give you instruction on resizing and posting pictures and if you have a youtube account embedding vids into this forum is easy.
Yeah I have a youtube account. Charles D Wilson it is the one with the 2017 Tao Tao Powermax 150cc VIP owner. I have 4 videos up and getting set to do some Honda PCX videos when I get to feeling better. If you look at the first video ( https://youtu.be/tEtDyKi9cpo ) you should be able to see my messed up hands a little lol. My right hand is the worst.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I subscribed, and here's just one way to get pictures on the board.

With smart phone take nice pic and mail to self then move to folder on computer.
In a windows based computer use 'paint program' to crop, resize image to around 600 by 400 pixels or less.
When you click post/reply have at least 10 characters in the text block or you will get red ink prompting you to do so.
Choose that filed/resized/renamed image and click preview. You can also delete it anytime from your user control panel. Not just after the expired edit post time.

hope this does it for you...
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Update. OK no pictures or tool yet. But I do now have the windscreen (short) and NCY kit installed.. She has reached 73pmh gps (70mph speedo) and I let off of her. She has more but what I need is there now. The new Leo Vince GPS Silencer exhaust will be here next week. The fuel millage is holding 97.7mpg currently and hope the taller rear tire (next year) will finish her for the good long enjoyable runs.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Short ride today. Passed my son on his CBR600F4 running 70mph. We had fun and a good laugh. Love my boy.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:Short ride today. Passed my son on his CBR600F4 running 70mph. We had fun and a good laugh. Love my boy.

YAY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:
Heedehcheenuh wrote:Short ride today. Passed my son on his CBR600F4 running 70mph. We had fun and a good laugh. Love my boy.

YAY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am getting the Leo Vince GP exhaust next week and hope it helps it a little more. She will fly now with no holding back. I may sneak out oneday and see if she will hit 75mph before I do the exhaust. I have read that I need to remove the battery cable and let the computer remap with the new exhaust. Hope to get some good results.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

You know what you are doing. Sendler had posted that the 13 gram weights with the NCY variator kit would put the engine at peak power at 65 MPH, as I remember it. My scoot will do 65 MPH most days, unless a headwind or sidewind or a hill or cold temperature present themselves. From other member post here, the City Grips have more rolling resistance. So, they will slow down your scoot a bit. Just keep that in mind. Lookup Sendler's post on it. Here is his modding thread from ecomodder.com.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.p ... 25820.html
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Gil wrote:You know what you are doing. Sendler had posted that the 13 gram weights with the NCY variator kit would put the engine at peak power at 65 MPH, as I remember it. My scoot will do 65 MPH most days, unless a headwind or sidewind or a hill or cold temperature present themselves. From other member post here, the City Grips have more rolling resistance. So, they will slow down your scoot a bit. Just keep that in mind. Lookup Sendler's post on it. Here is his modding thread from ecomodder.com.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.p ... 25820.html
Thanks . The trick to rolling resistance is to go 5lbs more pressure than what the tire calls for. I do not do twisty rides (Old and with my disability it is easier to just ride). Yes it may wear the center of the tire out faster in some cases but then again I am not doing the tire smoking jack rabbit starts either. I am getting ready to hit 5.000 miles and still have half the tread left on the stock tires. The only spinning burnouts I have done was wet grass or sand but those do not count lol.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Photos/pics added. Hope these work.
Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Attachments
2015 Right side windscreen.jpg
2015 Right side windscreen.jpg (323.02 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
2015 Right side shot..jpg
2015 Right side shot..jpg (321.01 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
2015 Left windscreen.jpg
2015 Left windscreen.jpg (320.72 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
2015 Left side  shot.jpg
2015 Left side shot.jpg (292.81 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
2015 Front windscreen.jpg
2015 Front windscreen.jpg (335.07 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
2015 Front shot.jpg
2015 Front shot.jpg (315.62 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

How's the new windshield working out for you?

Thanks for sharing the pics. . .. :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Yes! great pics Chief, and good job tooling your own scoot. Why don't you knock that long tail off and clean up her profile. It's an easy and pleasant mod. We don't need the extended tuxedo tail in the states to mount our plates.

Go Chief go!
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... l&start=20
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Someone say Chief? :D

Tonto, Kemosahbee, Custer....Apache
Jump on it! - SugarHill Gang (1981?)

The original....

Apache - The Shadows (1960)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

homie wrote:Yes! great pics Chief, and good job tooling your own scoot. Why don't you knock that long tail off and clean up her profile. It's an easy and pleasant mod. We don't need the extended tuxedo tail in the states to mount our plates.

Go Chief go!
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... l&start=20
I may be performing the stretch kit. It would look like a sport bike/scooter. I have to save up the money to get it but maybe worth it for the looks. The link has pics/photos of the kit installed. The price is up there but you only live once.
https://japan.webike.net/products/22643 ... X_20160805

Smile team she is working out fine. I wish my old disabled butt would get in gear. There are days I can get somethings done then have to take 2-3 days to recover smh.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

WhiteNoise wrote:Someone say Chief? :D

Tonto, Kemosahbee, Custer....Apache
Jump on it! - SugarHill Gang (1981?)

The original....

Apache - The Shadows (1960)
More along the lines of this lol This is a local tribe near me. great drummers.
https://youtu.be/OgDSQg7KPq8
https://youtu.be/91LRgFmgVaU

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

More along the lines of this lol This is a local tribe near me. great drummers.
Serious energy. . .. ;)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Heedehcheenuh wrote:
homie wrote:Yes! great pics Chief, and good job tooling your own scoot.
Go Chief go!
I wish my old disabled butt would get in gear. There are days I can get somethings done then have to take 2-3 days to recover smh.
I feel your pain, I flare with this stupid Fibromyalgia every few weeks. Good news is medical science has kept pace with MY inevitable geriatrics and 3 new treatments are inbound in the next few years if approved by the FDA ... SO CHIN UP CHIEF maybe something for you too.

Here was a discovery I made recently that people have found out themselves who have FM that made perfect sense to me. Vibration therapy helps numb the arthritis type pain o_O I immediately understood my addiction to riding everyday either on a bumpy PCX or a V-twin harley engine under my azz. I hadn't made the connection prior to hearing about vibration therapy treatments for Fibromyalgia. I wonder how the hell they do it? :lol:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Now hitting the rev limiter at 75mph lol That's all I need then. She will pull the hills and rides like a boss.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

OK team. Prepping for the oil change. I want to use the Rotella Full Synthetic 10-20w/30w/40w and a small amount of Lucas Oil Stabilizer. What are your thoughts. Temps here in South Carolina (USA) stay in the ranges that 0 temp rate will be to low so 10 will do. 20-30-40 on weight with right at 5,000 miles so 20w if I can find it. Oil stabilizer to help coat the bearings and parts for wear and tear. Let me know what you think.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T