Yuminashi esp 150 head conversion

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Yuminashi esp 150 head conversion

Post by lolofigo »

After long wait just received parts from yuminashi. Unfortunately my excitement was quickly gone as there are parts missing. To make things worse some genius put two addresses on the parcel: my new one and invoice with my old details on the other side of the parcel in plastic sleeve clearly visible for post office. Really gutted now as was looking forward to putting it in over the weekend. Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Yuminashi esp 150 head conversion

Post by Mel46 »

From what I have read over the years it seems that Yuminashi is a hit or miss organization. Sometmes everything comes in and works great. On other occasions it seems that they miss half of the order, and it takes forever to straighten out missing parts. I wish you well. They are not known for their communication skills.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Mel46 wrote:From what I have read over the years it seems that Yuminashi is a hit or miss organization. Sometmes everything comes in and works great. On other occasions it seems that they miss half of the order, and it takes forever to straighten out missing parts. I wish you well. They are not known for their communication skills.
I'm missing bolts for rocker cover, esp exhaust gasket and some coolant hose with different connector. All probably available from my local Honda dealer so might just go get it there instead of waiting for another month or so to get missing parts. Problem is I have already paid for those parts as they supposed to be included in the kit. Don't really won't to waste my time for email exchange with retarded ladyboy.

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

lolofigo wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Don't really won't to waste my time for email exchange with retarded ladyboy.

;) he drops in now and then to defend himself.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

I have ordered missing parts from local Honda dealer for £35 and contacted yuminashi for refund. They kindly offered to send missing parts but it wasn't what I wanted as have to wait 6 weeks for delivery of the kit. So it would probably be another 6 weeks to get missing parts if they don't make another mistake. Messaging all day to explain situation offered to get refund for the whole thing and postage if I send it back. Explaining again I have ordered missing parts already and paid customs and just want to keep the f@@@ing kit. Ended up getting my £35 from PayPal. I wish they used half of the time and energy wasted arguing with me when putting parts in the box. Not a rocket science is it?

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

Just a heads up, you'll need new exhaust header too. Better find a welding shop soon.
If you have a pcx v1 the stock exhaust header will not fit the new esp style cylinder head.
Regarding Yuminashi, maybe I am very lucky or so, I bought a lot of stuff from them (enough for me to get a 130 bucks discount) and didn't have problems but yeah, others tend not to be as lucky as me then.
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

That is unless Yuminashi did some stuff to the head to fit the old style header of course, but I have no idea about that.
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

BPT7594 wrote:That is unless Yuminashi did some stuff to the head to fit the old style header of course, but I have no idea about that.
I have takegawa silent exhaust I have ordered by mistake for esp engine from Japanese website with second hand parts.

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

BPT7594 wrote:Just a heads up, you'll need new exhaust header too. Better find a welding shop soon.
If you have a pcx v1 the stock exhaust header will not fit the new esp style cylinder head.
Regarding Yuminashi, maybe I am very lucky or so, I bought a lot of stuff from them (enough for me to get a 130 bucks discount) and didn't have problems but yeah, others tend not to be as lucky as me then.
I didn't have problems with yuminashi before. Bought 164 kit and 44t final gear and earned enough discount points to get yuminashi variator half price. They were always helpful when asked for some technical support. I didn't expect
£35 would be such a problem for them specially as it was their mistake not mine. When I bought other stuff from them it was 1 week to complete the order and 1 week to get it delivered not 6 weeks with parts missing like this time.

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BPT7594 »

I always have the impression that the guy I talked to at Yuminashi sounds very reasonable until he said "let me ask my boss about it".
You mean the 45/15 gear set? How did that work out for you?
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

He he that's exactly what he said. When I asked about refund for missing parts I have ordered from Honda dealer he said it seems "completely fair" and "let me ask my boss". I have put 44t final sprocket without changing anything else. It is same diameter as 47t sprocket so no need for new speed sensor.