Injector Choice for 150 Upgrade

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Injector Choice for 150 Upgrade

Post by u33db »

Hi,

After some debating i am going purchase the Yuminashi 150 light bore up kit for my 125.

Why? I have watched several videos on youtube of 150 vs 175 and while bigger is faster, 164/175 doesn't look to be that much faster for the extra cost outlay. Well, not for my purposes..i'd be happy with 150cc performance which i can get for around £200.

I have a question though;

a) Do i need to a bigger fuel injector to run this?
b) If so which one for my 2015 LED 125? Am i right in thinking i need a B type but what about 6 vs 8 hole?

Thank you :)
Malossi 10.5g rollers
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Malossi yellow variator spring
HJC wind screen
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Re: Injector Choice for 150 Upgrade

Post by lolofigo »

u33db wrote:Hi,

After some debating i am going purchase the Yuminashi 150 light bore up kit for my 125.

Why? I have watched several videos on youtube of 150 vs 175 and while bigger is faster, 164/175 doesn't look to be that much faster for the extra cost outlay. Well, not for my purposes..i'd be happy with 150cc performance which i can get for around £200.

I have a question though;

a) Do i need to a bigger fuel injector to run this?
b) If so which one for my 2015 LED 125? Am i right in thinking i need a B type but what about 6 vs 8 hole?

Thank you :)
You will be better off just buying whole kit dedicated to led model. Just received my yuminashi parts and kit is not complete. I never had any problems with yuminashi before but can't really recommend them now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there is no 150 kit, only the individual parts which is why i'm asking.

I would buy the 164 STD kit but @ £400 I don't think I can get the ok from my other half due to cost :(

Its funny you can't recommend as yuminashi as that's another reason I don't want to buy the 164 kit...if there is a problem then I don't want to be £400 down, whereas if something goes wrong with my 150cc order then I could probably put it down to experience...

The only other option I have is the "Endurance" 150cc kits that webike sell which is ok though I don't know if they are the same quality?

Hopefully Yumiashi will sort your problems out.
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

u33db wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately there is no 150 kit, only the individual parts which is why i'm asking.

I would buy the 164 STD kit but @ £400 I don't think I can get the ok from my other half due to cost :(

Its funny you can't recommend as yuminashi as that's another reason I don't want to buy the 164 kit...if there is a problem then I don't want to be £400 down, whereas if something goes wrong with my 150cc order then I could probably put it down to experience...

The only other option I have is the "Endurance" 150cc kits that webike sell which is ok though I don't know if they are the same quality?

Hopefully Yumiashi will sort your problems out.
Go for 164 kit with throttle body and camshaft. It really transforms the engine. If you wanna go cheap you can find on ebay big bore cylinder and piston from Taiwan for about 100 quid. Then find injector for cbr 150 and you're done. Everything from webike comes with 40 quid shipping plus vat and customs.

u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by u33db »

Thanks.

I think i was actually watching your 164 video on youtube last night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1947PTV0dc

Presumably that the 164 with cam kit?

Have you had any issue with overheating or is that why you've bought the 150 head (albeit with missing parts) on the other thread?
Malossi 10.5g rollers
HJC wind screen
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

u33db wrote:Thanks.

I think i was actually watching your 164 video on youtube last night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1947PTV0dc

Presumably that the 164 with cam kit?

Have you had any issue with overheating or is that why you've bought the 150 head (albeit with missing parts) on the other thread?
Yeah that's it. I have some overheating problems with the 164 kit. Problem is that holes in the head gasket don't match cooling ports on the 125 head. I have noticed that when installing the kit but didn't think it was gonna be a problem. I was thinking about enlarging ports with dremel tool to match head gasket but by mistake ordered takegawa exhaust for esp model so decided to buy the 150 head conversion instead. I have full 164 kit with throttle body and camshaft and I beat xmax 250 from traffic lights not to mention boy racers on "superbikes" with L plates. If you buy just cylinder kit in couple weeks you're gonna wonder how it would run with throttle body and camshaft and end up buying it anyway. Save money and time and get the whole kit.

BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by BPT7594 »

You can gather parts from Yuminashi site to make a 150 kit but they do not sell throttle body for it so your performance would be about 30% better compared to stock 125.
I had a kit like that on the dyno. Stock 125 makes about 7.5 to 8 hp stock variator. If you go with their 58 option, stock throttle body of 125 you'll get about 10hp ish. Stock 150 from Honda make 10.5 Hp.
You can message me of course if you need those dyno sheets. I hate that the forum only lets me upload cropped photo.