MPG with just rollers and/or lighter drive face?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

MPG with just rollers and/or lighter drive face?

Post by grndslm »

Wondering what type of hit MPGs are seeing after the quicker acceleration...

Really want numbers of someone staying below 65 or at least 70 mph. But I can listen to a speed demon's input on the matter as well. 8)
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: MPG with just rollers and/or lighter drive face?

Post by chicaboo »

Read my thread about my early variator experiences: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6505
I go into details about mileage and the feel of the changes, etc. Daytona variator is more or less the same as NCY...

I stopped updating the thread because it wasn't getting any interest, but I went back to stock variator and 12g sliders.
The AU spec stock OWL gearing is much faster than the US spec OWL/SNAIL gearing, so I stopped using the Daytona.
I'm pretty big and heavy so the fast AU stock variator suits me and the type of riding I do, avoiding highways, etc...

Don't use sliders with Teflon coated variators like the Daytona and NCY. I was very disappointed when I tried it, trust me.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

grndslm wrote:Wondering what type of hit MPGs are seeing after the quicker acceleration...

Really want numbers of someone staying below 65 or at least 70 mph. But I can listen to a speed demon's input on the matter as well. 8)
Well, not really that much difference with transmition only changes. When I just did plain Takegawa kit or light Yuminashi kit, I saw not much change in mpg, maybe 10-15% more fuel usage accelaration was halved from stock scooter. But when I went 150 head with big tb that's when I noticed considerable fuel usage increase. I've literaly almost tripled the acelaration in my current set up so fuel wise I'm probably using 35% more than stock. If I do country rides, continuous riding I'll use about 20-25% more but city riding with lots of stop starts really shows the diff on fuel gauge. It doesn't really bother me as performance is out of this realm for a scooter of that size so I suck it up and enjoy the performance.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Keep in mind that Honda designed this bike for fuel economy. They were aiming at the 100 mpg mark. Mine gets about 104 mpg if I keep it below 55 mph. Since the bike won't go 66 - 70 mph without mods, you are aiming this question toward those who have done little or no mods to it. Running the stock bike at its max for extended times does impact your gas mileage. You probably would drop your mpg by 15%. It was set up to be at its best at between 45 and 55 mph. That is when you will see the 100 mpg or more.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers