Me rollers fu@@ed

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Me rollers fu@@ed

Post by lolofigo »

Just taken my variator apart to see rollers completely gone. Worn out to the metal. Dr pulley sliders bit better but worn out as well. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Me rollers fu@@ed

Post by homie »

DAHMMMM!!! holms
Looks like terrible pub for Dr pulley sliders. Mods might have to take this down. You have to justify this with much more detail like how many hundred miles of service before they look like this o_O
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

homie wrote:DAHMMMM!!! holms
Looks like terrible pub for Dr pulley sliders. Mods might have to take this down. You have to justify this with much more detail like how many hundred miles of service before they look like this o_O
It's yuminashi variator with 3x 10g yuminashi rollers which are gone and 3x 13g Dr pulley sliders after 3000 miles. I go 70-80 mph for couple of miles everyday on my commute.

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Not good, just not good at all. So what's your next kit going to be? That kit sh*t
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

homie wrote:Not good, just not good at all. So what's your next kit going to be? That kit sh*t
Still got 3 rollers and 3 sliders from the sets I have mixed up, so for the time being I'm gonna put them on. I think I'll order 12g rollers. Mixing weights might not be a problem but different shapes of rollers and sliders don't work out.

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

So 4 miles a day round trip for 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year at 70mph for how long?

I'm 2 years on NCY kit with 5k miles and the NCY rollers came out still measuring in diameter tolerance and not needing replacement. Maybe time to put a NCY kit?

lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

I've got 12 miles round trip with maybe 2 miles at 70 mph each way. My pcx is 164 bbk and I don't treat it gently. I'm not sure if I can get NCY kit in UK.

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mixing rollers and sliders will do that even on ncy variator. Sliders are taller than rollers so there is uneven pressing angle by ramp plate which will tear them to bits.
This is not variators fault to be clear..in fact it's a good vario with literally best top end speed.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Pcxdemon wrote:Mixing rollers and sliders will do that even on ncy variator.
o_O OKAY
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

You can mix weights of the same type of roller or slider, but mixing sliders and rollers leads to this.
Rollers have a taller profile at low revs, while sliders have a taller profile at high revs.
So the rollers will get 4 times the wear/load at low revs and wear out very fast.
I would also replace the 3 little slide pieces on the variator cap now I've seen this!